is their anyway for me to shut down my in and out calls but keep the data on. i have times when i dont feel like being bothered and since some people just dont effin listen. i'd like to know if i can just stop all calls in and out and just keep my data on for txt msg'ing and email.

thanx in advance for any help.........
    03-09-08 05:08 PM
    is their anyway for me to shut down my in and out calls but keep the data on. i have times when i dont feel like being bothered and since some people just dont effin listen. i'd like to know if i can just stop all calls in and out and just keep my data on for txt msg'ing and email.

thanx in advance for any help.........
    Easy. Set your phone to silent mode. Data still works.
    03-09-08 05:23 PM
    Easy. Set your phone to silent mode. Data still works.
    naw, i want the calls to go straight to vm but keep the data on
    03-09-08 05:31 PM
    Set your phone to use the off profile. This should send all calls to voicemail.
    03-09-08 05:36 PM
    Set your phone to use the off profile. This should send all calls to voicemail.
    did that and called but the call came through anyway. i was going to forward all calls to vm, theirs and option for that in the phone books options but i called tmo 1st to see if i would get charged for forwarding calls to vm and ofcourse they tired to sell me some other b/s call forwarding plan..........

are their any 3rd party programs i can get right now that can handle my objective?
    03-09-08 05:39 PM
    What do you mean by the call came through anyway? In the off profile, the phone shouldn't have any notification of an incoming call.
    03-09-08 05:44 PM
    in the profile options, under phone, the last option is Do Not Disturb, turn it to ON... thats the options in the 8830 atleast...
    03-09-08 05:47 PM
    What do you mean by the call came through anyway? In the off profile, the phone shouldn't have any notification of an incoming call.
    what i mean is that, if u put ur phone in off ( profile ) and call your self from another line, it will still flash w/ the callers info will still flash. it doesn't ring or anything but if your playing with the phone you'll see the person calling u.

its like vibrate w/ no vibrate.......
    03-09-08 05:47 PM
    in the profile options, under phone, the last option is Do Not Disturb, turn it to ON... thats the options in the 8830 atleast...
    well now, that worked perfectly.......... thanx
    03-09-08 05:52 PM
    Hmm ok. I think I was getting mixed up with the Do Not Disturb option in some profiles and the Off profile. I knew there was a way to do it.
    Last edited by sunkast; 03-09-08 at 05:56 PM.
    03-09-08 05:53 PM
    and people wonder why we love BLACKBERRIES..........
    03-09-08 05:56 PM
    I actually don't see Do Not Disturb... I don't really need it, but if anyone's bored, feel like pointing me?
    03-09-08 06:43 PM
    Click on whichever profile you want to edit, then click on Phone, at the bottom it should say DND.
    03-09-08 06:47 PM
    Hey thanks
    03-09-08 06:52 PM
    Hey thanks
    great isn't it.
    03-09-08 07:02 PM
    I am constantly ignoring my ringing phone. Even my closest friends and family don't get answered sometimes. This is good info, I plan on using this feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 11:59 PM
    If I use the "Do Not Disturb" in my active profile, will the exceptions that I have still get through, or do I have to edit each exception when I don't want to be disturbed?
    03-10-08 12:10 PM
    maybe this should be stickied
    03-10-08 02:36 PM
    You can also hit "menu" when in advanced profiles and create a new profile. I did this, named it "no phone" and set all alets to different vibe levels and phone to DND.... Works great.

03-10-08 08:15 PM
    Another way to forward all your calls to voicemail is on the call screen go to options and select the Call Forward option. Once there you can turn the selection of all calls to be auto forwarded to your voicemail.

03-11-08 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";