01-04-09 06:59 PM
- First off, Im 18. I own a Curve 8330 that I purchased last August, and have loved it ever since. Let me get to the point. I have 500$ in the bank, and will be getting paid 300$ this coming Friday. The 500 I have in the bank is put there for my car-fund, as I get my license in 2 months. Heres my dilemma. I love the Curve, but I cant help but notice that its more of a Business phone than the Storm. The Storm has the big screen, the better picture, etc etc, to make it more suitable for me. Im a student, and going to university next year, so yes, a smartphone will really help, but ATM, the Storm seems so much more suitable for me. I am stuck in a 3 year contract with Telus, and Im not due for an upgrade for 2 years. I want to take the money I have in the bank and put some of my pay with it to purchase a Storm, one I found on eBay brand new for 497.99, and then take the money I get from my Curve and put it back into the bank.
SOOOOO, my questions are, How much do you guys think I could get for a literally MINT Curve, I've BABIED it since I got it.. and is it worth all the trouble to get the Storm, maybe I should wait ?
Thanks for listening, Peace.01-03-09 10:10 PM
- I'd wait- the phone will be there and it still has kinks to be worked out. Besides if you wait, you may end up getting it cheaper in the long run. Don't get me wrong- I know it sucks because you want it but I try and remember the phrase "do I want it or do I need it"- it stopped me from buying a bottle of Prada perfume the other day lol. But for your mint condition Curve- I would check Ebay and the Classifieds on here- that should give you a pretty good idea. Good luck with your choice!01-03-09 10:21 PM
- I'd wait- the phone will be there and it still has kinks to be worked out. Besides if you wait, you may end up getting it cheaper in the long run. Don't get me wrong- I know it sucks because you want it but I try and remember the phrase "do I want it or do I need it"- it stopped me from buying a bottle of Prada perfume the other day lol. But for your mint condition Curve- I would check Ebay and the Classifieds on here- that should give you a pretty good idea. Good luck with your choice!01-03-09 10:53 PM
- It is so easy to give in to temptation when you see something that you really want. But, in the long run if you wait you usually find that it was an impulse purchase and come to regret it and then you are never truly satisfied. Take your time, be sure that is really what you want before making that much of an investment.01-03-09 11:02 PM
- I'd wait. Let the kinks get worked and I would give it a few months and the price will start dropping anyway.
Do you have insurance on your phone? I've heard in certain situations, the insurance company lets customers upgrade and whatnot. I know its usually a more rare situation, but I've seen some customers get awesome phones out of an insurance claim.01-04-09 12:02 AM
- Honestly, I think you should wait it out and make sure you really want it. Not to bash on you Storm lovers out there, but it seems like the Storm would be more trouble than its worth. And the Curve is an awesome device, that's what I've had all this time and it's perfect. Not trying to tell you what to do with your money, but if you ARE a student, I think you should be saving your money right now and not spend it on things you don't necessarily need. Curve is pretty simple to learn how to use, don't have to worry about *~crazy~* clicking issues, or whether you got a sh!tty model.
Just my .02...good luck with whatever choice you do make though.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-04-09 12:48 AM
- I just bought a brand new 8330 Curve on ebay for $250 and that was after looking into doing a local purchase from Craigslist where people were asking $250 and $300 for a Curve; ridiculous!
If you want to sell your Curve I don't think you will get that much for it.
Mobility vs. Yapping & Surfing
When I was your age, I would have definitely taken my car over a smartphone. I would have rather seen my women to talk to them in person versus just talking to them. GET THE CAR! and keep your curve.
Last edited by invisionz; 01-04-09 at 12:21 PM.01-04-09 12:12 PM
- This is a good Thread.
To me it all depends on how much you can hustle for this phone.
Let say that you paid $50 for the curve with a 3 year contrat and you sell it for $250.00, then you could negociate for the Storm for $299.00 so it would be even then.
Good luck on your choice.
I have the Storm and I really love it.01-04-09 06:52 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorStay and wait. The Curve 8330 is already a great device as is. If you had anything less, than I would say go for it.
Like invisionz stated... I would be more worried about the whip over the phone... trust and believe you'd just use it when your calling them up to tell them your coming to pick them up.01-04-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD