Actually, imagine a BB Flip with either a physical keyboard or a different version as a virtual keyboard. A slight increase in dimensions could bring such a critter and make it feasible. If you looked at the UI on a Style, you could see that it was a tweaked touchscreen UI adjusted for non-touch usability. I don't see them doing it at this phase of the ball game, but it is possible.
    02-19-13 10:26 PM
    Good idea. I think the OS will lead to lots of variety.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-19-13 10:43 PM
    Was looking to find one of these after Boost dropped them....wanted one. I got over it.
    02-19-13 10:44 PM
    I'm gonna say no on this one chuck...
    02-19-13 10:55 PM
    I literally spit up my drink laughing when I just read the title to this
    RussBerry007 likes this.
    02-19-13 10:57 PM
    I read the title too fast...a style 10? Pass
    02-19-13 11:04 PM
    Well, it is a thread from last year that was resurrected, and some people have different tastes in phones, so it is their choice to converse about it. The original Style was the best of the BBs I owned, and I know a number of folks that wanted to own one, still would if they could. There are definitely threads with far worse subjects...
    02-19-13 11:11 PM
    Thanks you
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-20-13 12:49 AM
    I'll say again I've become such of lover of tablets I need a smaller yet still capable phone. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see different varieties of phones from BB yet again.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-20-13 06:57 AM
    Well, it is a thread from last year that was resurrected, and some people have different tastes in phones, so it is their choice to converse about it. The original Style was the best of the BBs I owned, and I know a number of folks that wanted to own one, still would if they could. There are definitely threads with far worse subjects...
    I'm in this camp (even though I never actually owned a Style!). However, with BB10, even with a full QWERTY keyboard, you're still giving up half the benefit of the 'traditional' BB: the trackpad, which I think would be even more necessary on a flip device. I think it would have been a better idea for BB7; and if they had done it, I'd have scooped one up in a heartbeat. As much as I'd love to see one, I just don't think BB10 is well suited for a flip.
    02-20-13 07:14 AM
    The touch screen would be difficult to use.
    02-20-13 07:36 AM
    The touch screen would be difficult to use.
    Hmmm ... I don't think it would be any more difficult than a 9900. It obviously wouldn't be your primary UI, but it would certainly be usable.
    02-20-13 09:21 AM
    If Blackberry wants to regain their market share they are going to have to think outside the box. When I look at cell phone store now, the Z10 is lost in a heap of touch screen phones and it is only going to get worse and more competitive. They need some different style phones, even if they only appeal to a niche market.
    toneytone likes this.
    02-20-13 10:57 AM
    Why?
    02-20-13 10:58 AM
    I thought the idea was to reduce the number of screen sizes that app developers need to support. How does introducing another smaller screen aid this strategy? Answer: it doesn't.
    newcollector likes this.
    02-20-13 12:43 PM
    If app development is a key to a phone's success, and that has been shown to be true, then unless the Style has a screen like the Q10, the answer would be a resounding no. Even with a screen ratio like the Q10 it should still be a clear No! As many have stated...keep it simple. BlackBerry can't be everything for everyone. Touch and a qwerty look to be the streamlined way to go.
    02-20-13 01:01 PM
    Why not make the screen size the same as the q10 then?

Why not have have a slider and a touch with the same screen size or ratio and have a qwerty and clamshell the same size or ratio?
    02-20-13 01:34 PM
    That is exactly correct. Make a Style with a the same size screen as the Q10 but make it a flip. Developers won't have to adjust their apps at all.

What is wrong with resurrecting old threads?

02-20-13 08:06 PM
    Why not make the screen size the same as the q10 then?

Why not have have a slider and a touch with the same screen size or ratio and have a qwerty and clamshell the same size or ratio?
    We can only hope BB10 becomes popular enough that they'll consider such alternative form factors.

That is exactly correct. Make a Style with a the same size screen as the Q10 but make it a flip. Developers won't have to adjust their apps at all.

What is wrong with resurrecting old threads?

This would definitely be my preference.

As for resurrecting old threads, a lot has changed since this one was started to add to the discussion; I think it's an ideal candidate for resurrecting.
    02-20-13 09:58 PM
    We can only hope BB10 becomes popular enough that they'll consider such alternative form factors.
    It will take Blackberry some time to regain market share. One way they can do this is by releasing different phones. Even now it is hard to find the Z10 among all the touch screen phones companies are pumping out. When they came out with the style they said that market research indicated that there was a demand for such a smart phone and I think the research was correct. With the style, nobody complained about the clamshell design, they complained it was underpowered.
    toneytone likes this.
    02-21-13 04:36 AM
    I'm not giving up. I still want to keep the idea of a BB10 style alive. Doesn't have to be right away but I hope it comes along some day. A folding Q10 would be a great start.

I want a smaller phone.
    07-12-13 04:22 PM
    http://i46.tinypic.com/23af0n.jpg
    Now I know this wasn't the most popular BB ever, but if BB10 is truly all it's cracked out to be, as a 'mobile computing platform' this form factor makes a bit of sense. It's essentially a handheld laptop! I do think a "streamlined" portfolio of 3-4 phones would be best for Blackberry *a la their BBOS7 base line of phones. However a newly designed slider or flip BB would be really powerful I think, any thoughts? I would bring over the track-pad as well and make this form factor very very business oriented... Again like a mini laptop
    It wasn't popular because it was a cdma only device available only on Sprint, one crazy move from BlackBerry, this would've sold like hotcakes in Europe, for about a year people were asking almost every day on BB UK Facebook page when it was coming to UK.
    07-12-13 04:57 PM
    One of the problems BlackBerry had back on the day IMO was making too many phones. They had different versions of the Curve, Bold, Pearl etc and it got quite confusing.

Many people even on this site lamented that very same point.

Make a few phones for different segments of the market place and go with that until market share improves.

If they start making too many phones they'll run into the same problems they did before.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-12-13 05:18 PM
    One of the problems BlackBerry had back on the day IMO was making too many phones. They had different versions of the Curve, Bold, Pearl etc and it got quite confusing.

Many people even on this site lamented that very same point.

Make a few phones for different segments of the market place and go with that until market share improves.

If they start making too many phones they'll run into the same problems they did before.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Perhaps their problem had more to do with the difficulty developing 3rd party apps for the Java OS. There is variety in cars there should be variety in phones.
    07-12-13 06:00 PM
    Hell, if it's good enough for you, I'll take one. Damn carrier probably wouldn't carry this model.

My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.483/ PIN PM me(~_*)
    07-12-13 06:18 PM
112 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD