An improved camera, more ram and faster cpu? Maybe a bold 9999. These bb7 phones are still selling really well in Africa and the middle East and Latin America, releasing one more bb7 phone would help hold over those fans for when bb10 arrives. The 9900 came out in the middle of 2011, its almost 2013 and there has been no new high end bold.
    11-11-12 07:00 PM
    No.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-11-12 07:31 PM
    No.

reason?
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-11-12 07:35 PM
    too much money to invest in something that isnt really needed IMO. The only critical flaw with the 9900 i think really is the camera. OS 7.1 already has been pushed to its limits otherwise i think so you wont gain by further developing the software
    larsonage likes this.
    11-11-12 07:39 PM
    Good question, even though the current BlackBerry devices have ran their course in certain countries, their are other countries that might benefit from an newer and less expensive device compared to a BlackBerry BB10. I seriously doubt that RIM is going to go backwards, but who knows......RIM is a company with many mysteries.............some countries have white Bold 9930's and some don't. Go figure
    11-11-12 07:43 PM
    There was talk of this in the forums form someone reading the tea leaves looking a development road map. I see it as posible but if they can deliver a BB10 phone of value to them and the customer in time. Why bother.
    11-11-12 07:54 PM
    too much money to invest in something that isnt really needed IMO. The only critical flaw with the 9900 i think really is the camera. OS 7.1 already has been pushed to its limits otherwise i think so you wont gain by further developing the software
    And terrible battery life!!
    11-11-12 07:58 PM
    reason?
    I think the 9900 is more than enough. Yeah it's a year old, but they should not be releasing another "flagship" phone running os7.1 this close to bb10. Reviewers would slay it, consumers would be mad when bb10 comes, the fanboys will rage -- it would just be mass confusion. RIM would be making a deathly mistake by doing this. They simply do not need more negativity this close to their revival.

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-12 07:59 PM
    Isn't "high end phone for emerging markets" kind of an oxymoron? In the Globe and Mail article about RIM in Nigeria, it talks about how RIM is being undercut by wholesalers importing used BBs from Britain, because they are cheaper. A new "high end" phone would be more expensive still. They might release more BB7 phones in emerging markets, but I doubt they will be high end ones.
    11-11-12 08:14 PM
    bb 7 os is just like bb 6 os.. no huge improvements. Their current OS is really way behind the competition and bringin new phone based on the same OS is gonna be a epic failure.
    11-11-12 08:26 PM
    Isn't "high end phone for emerging markets" kind of an oxymoron? In the Globe and Mail article about RIM in Nigeria, it talks about how RIM is being undercut by wholesalers importing used BBs from Britain, because they are cheaper. A new "high end" phone would be more expensive still. They might release more BB7 phones in emerging markets, but I doubt they will be high end ones.
    Not really.. in that globe and mail video everyone was using 9900's in Nigeria.
    11-11-12 09:12 PM
    With the press already on rims tail I don't think another phone would sell well if at all. If that happens then the media will be all over a failed attempt by rim and it will affect their stocks. Last people they want to affect is the shareholders.

Business people and tech people know the company is relying on bb10 so another failed attempt on a phone with the same app or less ecosystem would be a waste to their money and to developers that have to adjust the apps to function on the new device.

That's my opinion though.
    11-11-12 10:17 PM
    It would probably never happen, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a tweaked-up 9900 across the board for those of us that may end up preferring the traditional BB to BB10. Nothing radically new, just a faster processor, bigger battery and better camera. Hey, you never know -- I mean, we've stuck with 'traditional' BB this long with so many supposedly superior alternatives out there.

I also wouldn't mind not seeing another #*$?@ Droid Does commercial during this? @!$*# football game, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen, either.
    11-11-12 10:35 PM
    Good question, even though the current BlackBerry devices have ran their course in certain countries, their are other countries that might benefit from an newer and less expensive device compared to a BlackBerry BB10. I seriously doubt that RIM is going to go backwards, but who knows......RIM is a company with many mysteries.............some countries have white Bold 9930's and some don't. Go figure
    Figure this also...we in the US never saw the Bold9790 unlike our neighbors to the North,would have loved one. Again GO FIGURE!!!
    11-11-12 11:03 PM
    I don't see a reason to rush out a filler product just to tide the wait for BB10, plus RIM has already come out with a few new Curves that will keep business users (and UK teens) happy while BB10 is prepared.

Being careful with the bottomline is crucial for RIM at this point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 11:15 PM
    I don't see the problem as long as they only release in said countries. As long as North America and Europe are BB10 only; it could be more profitable to continue to sell BB7 devices in the rest of the world as well as BB10 for the first year or so of BB10.
    11-12-12 01:08 AM
    I think that once BB10 is available, RIM should be doing everything possible to get as many current users, and potential new users onto BB10. Reason, if you have 80 Million people on a platform that is easy to develop for and that devs make more per app on over the competition, then you attract devs quicker, and in turn will get users quicker. Just like carriers want users on their LTE networks to get ROI and free up the spectrum on the old networks for refarming, RIM needs to get people onto BB10 and phase out BBOS as soon as possible too as it will be cheaper to support and maintain one solution opposed to two.
    11-12-12 06:54 AM
    After reading some of the posts in this thread, I admire the faith that some of you have in BB10. The BB10 phone hasn't even been released and you're already putting OS7 in the grave (I wonder what the tombstone would read). It normally takes a year or so for a phone to "catch on" .......it's a process, this still gives the "OLD" Bold plenty of time left on earth so why not make improvements
    11-12-12 07:35 AM