Does anyone else think we should get more for our BIS access......

I feel like when we sync with Work Outlook thru OWA access...Not only should our Email be sync'd but BIS should sync with everything Contacts, Calendar, Email, and Folders....

I mean we have to Pay RIM for our access to very basic email....When Window's Mobile, Palm, Apple, Instinct and soon-to-be Web OS (pre) all offer full Exchange/Outlook Sync'ing and at NO ADDITIONAL COST besides carrier data plan...

I just feel if we have to pay RIM a premium for Email Access, we should get a Preimum Service.
    02-25-09 09:16 AM
    Not a Microsoft issue, RIM already provides complete sync'ing to BES customers.....Just BIS is excluded.
    02-25-09 10:19 AM
    I think the difference is BES is doing it through Microsoft Exchange Server, rather than having to support multiple versions of Outlook/OE and other mail platforms.
    02-25-09 11:01 AM
    You're lucky - I can't even get my e-mail to work with OWA. I sign into my account and get my Inbox but I can't "click" on anything, e.g., I can't open an e-mail, I can't check a box and delete anything, I can't open my Sent folder, etc. As for the first post, I think it's a security issue for the company. My chief doesn't want us to have remote access for anything but e-mail. I know some other departments have, or had, BES, but that's not what he wants. Maybe RIM is looking forward and backward when it comes to corporate [sic] security.
    02-25-09 11:38 AM
    I wish it were included
    02-25-09 11:41 AM
    I would like to see my BBM contacts, calendar, address book, emails, and text messages backed up to the BIS daily and have the ability to resend not only my service books but all the aforementioned data back to my device after a wipe. Additionally, I would like to have the ability to log onto my BIS site and use BBM without my phone. Sometimes it is not possible to use the actual berry and having a BBM client would be very cool.
    02-25-09 12:18 PM
    I'd like something as simple as two way sync on BIS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:08 PM
    I would like to see my BBM contacts, calendar, address book, emails, and text messages backed up to the BIS daily and have the ability to resend not only my service books but all the aforementioned data back to my device after a wipe. Additionally, I would like to have the ability to log onto my BIS site and use BBM without my phone. Sometimes it is not possible to use the actual berry and having a BBM client would be very cool.
    Think of how many blackberries are in use worldwide. If each of them were fully backed up daily, can you imagine how much server space that would take up? The $30/month we pay for BIS now would skyrocket. A very good thought, but not very practical.
    02-25-09 02:02 PM
    Think of how many blackberries are in use worldwide. If each of them were fully backed up daily, can you imagine how much server space that would take up? The $30/month we pay for BIS now would skyrocket. A very good thought, but not very practical.
    Yea, I don't think we're going to get all that for 30$

But just asking Rim to give us what Window Mobile and Apple etc. Provides for free and that is sync'ing of TOTAL OUTLOOK! Exchange has nothing to do with the being able to provide it.

RIM simply doesn't offer it because they want to keep churning out those higher priced BES. In the long run this could begin to hurt rim more then help them...with all the other OS that can do this FOR FREE!

Face it, it's not just a BB/WM/PALM world anymore!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 06:34 AM
    There is always BlackBerry Unite. It doesn't give you all of BES, but it does add some features, such as shared calendars (you can see your spouce's calendar on your BB) and some other features. I believe it's free.
    02-26-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD