Like say around $1000 dollars? Highest quality materials, something really slick. The black 9981 looks great but that price is not justified. I think if they really want to make some money selling phones they should launch a more affordable BB10 phone. Thoughts?
    01-08-13 05:31 PM
    Porsche design phone is not their only product. They offer high quality, luxurious design products for all aspects of life. Clothing, sunglasses, lighters, pens, cufflinks, etc. All have an expensive price tag. The target customer is not the masses. Will not change.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-08-13 05:35 PM
    Porsche design phone is not their only product. They offer high quality, luxurious design products for all aspects of life. Clothing, sunglasses, lighters, pens, cufflinks, etc. All have an expensive price tag. The target customer is not the masses. Will not change.
    I know this. But and a thousand dollar phone still holds the mystique.
    01-08-13 05:42 PM
    Not the porsche design mystique. They have $400 pens. If a normal nice pen is $10, that's 40x the price for an item that does the same thing. It's often not items that are only 1.5x the price of other popular products in that segment. Same goes for most of their other items too. People that live the porsche lifestyle are willing to pay for it. They know this. If you cannot afford the porche design items then don't get them. You cannot seek gold and expect to pay silver prices for it.

I was just at the porsche factory in stuttgart in November. There's a store across the street with all porsche design stuff. Bottom line is that as much as I would like a porsche design bb10 for $1000, it's not going to happen.
    01-08-13 09:11 PM
    They should do a Lexus BB10 for $1000
    01-08-13 11:23 PM
    A Lexus is just a Toyota that's been built properly. I bought a Jeep Cherokee Jet Limited the other day. I'd go $800 for a Jeep Black BB10 version.
    OniBerry likes this.
    01-08-13 11:33 PM
    They should do a Lexus BB10 for $1000
    They won't do that. RIM would only want to be associated with best in class
    01-08-13 11:34 PM
    Not for me. I think that kind of thing is plain silly. But if people like to throw their money away just for a "name", then they deserve to lose it. I'd rather they just throw it at me instead.
    01-09-13 10:09 AM
    A cadillac V phone would be cool. But Porsche design is all about exclusivity, another $1000 does that.
    01-09-13 10:27 AM
    the whole point of Porsche Design products is the prestige.... why would they dilute the brand with a low end product?
    01-09-13 10:29 AM
    the whole point of Porsche Design products is the prestige.... why would they dilute the brand with a low end product?
    Low end product? It can still be the most expensive phone, just not 2000 dollars.
    01-09-13 10:32 AM
    it takes away from the prestige... if they lower the price, then more people will be able to afford it. it then loses it's exclusivity.
    01-09-13 10:49 AM
    Low end product? It can still be the most expensive phone, just not 2000 dollars.
    There is lot of people that want the phone. They want it because its nice and expensive. Very elusive. If it wasn't as much it wouldn't be elusive and it wouldn't even warrant a thread like this because no one would care.

Like I said, if you seek gold don't expect to pay silver prices for it.
    bluetroll likes this.
    01-09-13 11:02 AM
    Let's see them on board to do ANY phone for BB10 first. If BB10 isn't a bust and leads BlackBerry to the promised land, a Porsche version doesn't seem that silly anymore - celebrities and Robb Report subscribers could use the Porsche version as the tipping point between deciding on a BB10 or another platform as long as Blackberries are competitive. Frankly the iPhone could have profited from some luxury variant, the market is there for it.
    01-09-13 03:14 PM