Personally, I don't think it will happen....unless, MS wanted to have also have access to what BlackBerry has to offer and start to create a Frankenstein Smartphone. Plus, with the resources at MS, no major hurry to bring something to market right away. Do I think it will happen? Who knows. Would I buy something combined from the three.......No doubt!!! Old School Nokia fan here and an embarrassing number of BlackBerries.

OR

Thinking out of the box, have two or three different smartphones under the MS umbrella.

Posted via CB10

if this really happen then this will be world biggest smart phone assembly... Together with bb network and enterprice ms os and software and ecosystem and gr8 hardware from nokia.. Ohhh i cant imagine... Money sucker oldest os ios will be destroyed by ms...

Sent from my Windows Phone Omnia W
    09-04-13 07:43 AM
    MS has an OS
    MS will soon have a hardware company
    Patents - not sure if BB really has any that MS/Nokia need???
    QNX... rebranded as Windows QNX to beef up their Windows embedded OS.

They only thing that MS might want from BlackBerry is their MDM System and Network - add it to their own and make BES an add on for Exchange ++ for Microsoft.

If they could get BB for a few billion, they might do it. They might would rather partner with someone like PW and just buy the portion that they really want and let someone else have the other pieces.

Microsoft might keep the BlackBerry name for a line of Windows Enterprise exclusive devices.... But they would be running Windows OS. Which might actually be better.
    09-04-13 07:59 AM
    MS has an OS
    MS will soon have a hardware company
    Patents - not sure if BB really has any that MS/Nokia need???
    QNX... rebranded as Windows QNX to beef up their Windows embedded OS.

They only thing that MS might want from BlackBerry is their MDM System and Network - add it to their own and make BES an add on for Exchange ++ for Microsoft.

If they could get BB for a few billion, they might do it. They might would rather partner with someone like PW and just buy the portion that they really want and let someone else have the other pieces.

Microsoft might keep the BlackBerry name for a line of Windows Enterprise exclusive devices.... But they would be running Windows OS. Which might actually be better.

then what about their lumia line????

Sent from my Windows Phone Omnia W
    09-04-13 08:36 AM
    Buy it, kill it...WP win! no

Posted via CB10
    Yeah except for the fact that I would never buy a Windows Phone and move to likely Apple or possibly Android. Buying 3 and killing it doesn't mean you get their customers, just that you killed off the product those people liked and I don't even run Windows on my home computers and I sure as hell won't run it on my phone.
    09-04-13 09:24 AM
29 12