I have had an 8320 Curve (I think that's it) for 2 years and it's been fine until I added the internet about 2 wks ago.

Now it won't ring, won't do voice calling, won't take pictures and runs really slow.

Tmobile gave me a few quick fixes which worked for a few days and the latest I just did. They say I should get a newer phone.

Is that just hype or should I? I would really do it if it would make running all these apps and email and so on easier. But if they just want another contract and more money, I'll keep what I got. I was looking at the 9300 Curve and it fits my price range, cheap! I dont have to have the latest state of the art phone.

Thoughts? TIA-this is my first post here.

Kathie
    01-04-11 08:04 PM
    Have you updated the OS?
    01-04-11 08:07 PM
    Have you updated the OS?
    No. I am so new to the internet stuff. All I used my phone for was the talking part and calendar!

Guess I should start there huh?! Or at least have my teenager do it for me.
    01-04-11 08:38 PM
    No. I am so new to the internet stuff. All I used my phone for was the talking part and calendar!

Guess I should start there huh?! Or at least have my teenager do it for me.
    Yes.

First we need to find out exactly what device you have. Go to Options, then click About.
    01-04-11 08:47 PM
    She said she has the 8320. Honestly, I'd try updating the software to whatever tmo has approved because you are already limited on the amount of memory that phone has. If you can afford it I'd recommend getting a newer phone but you don't have to reup the contract if you buy the phone outright - but again - that's all dependent upon what you can afford. Or you could check the marketplace here for a tmo gently used phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 10:06 PM
    I have had an 8320 Curve (I think that's it) for 2 years and it's been fine until I added the internet about 2 wks ago.

Now it won't ring, won't do voice calling, won't take pictures and runs really slow.

Tmobile gave me a few quick fixes which worked for a few days and the latest I just did. They say I should get a newer phone.

Is that just hype or should I? I would really do it if it would make running all these apps and email and so on easier. But if they just want another contract and more money, I'll keep what I got. I was looking at the 9300 Curve and it fits my price range, cheap! I dont have to have the latest state of the art phone.

Thoughts? TIA-this is my first post here.

Kathie
    Going from an 8320 to a 9300 isn't always a pleasant experience. I say you should update your device to start with and if it still isn't to your liking you should upgrade to a 9780 if you don't. 9300 is not the BlackBerry you are looking for. Screen res and build quality is way behind its time.
    01-05-11 09:10 PM
    Going from an 8320 to a 9300 isn't always a pleasant experience. I say you should update your device to start with and if it still isn't to your liking you should upgrade to a 9780 if you don't. 9300 is not the BlackBerry you are looking for. Screen res and build quality is way behind its time.
    She isn't looking for the latest and greatest. I think the 9300 is a good device personally. I've played with a couple of them. I think she would see a major improvement over the 8320.
    01-05-11 09:14 PM
    She isn't looking for the latest and greatest. I think the 9300 is a good device personally. I've played with a couple of them. I think she would see a major improvement over the 8320.
    It would be better than what she is using now for sure, but I still think anyone would prefer the much clearer screen and the speed of the 9780.
    01-05-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD