Hi there!

Currently I have a contract with Rogers that will be ending in a couple of months. I'm having thoughts about switching to getting a BB plan but i'm having doubts. I use 200+ minutes mostly during the evening or later. Caller ID is a definite of what I want to have. I do want to have data so i can surf the web because I do kinda feel like it would be a waste if I grab a bb without a data plan. Also texts would be nice but it is optional for me.

Rogers offered me the chance to renew the contract with a BB phone but I think it'd be pointless if I just renewed it. I mean i'm a high-school student paying for my own phone bill right now (which is kinda killing me -___-). I also kinda don't want to make another contract with rogers because their current plans right now are really pricey. I was wondering if anyone could help me out by saying if its worth it to switch to grabbing a bb plan and phone.

This is my monthly phone bill:
    MY10 Local Student Plan 25.00
    Value Pack 15.00
    9-1-1 0.50
    System Access Fee 6.95

Total after taxes is $53.62

Would it be more pricer if I go for a BB plan instead? is it even worth it?
    01-11-10 08:17 PM
    Don't quote me but I believe you'll be required to get a data plan with the blackberry. Honestly, if you don't think you can afford it you probably shouldn't get it. You don't want to end up in debt because of your cell phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 10:04 PM
    debt sucks.

don't do it unless you absolutely need a BB for work or something.
    01-11-10 10:56 PM
    After September 2009, ALL berries are required to carry the data plan.... (at least on AT&T) I beleive this was already the case with verizon as well. Not sure about rogers, but I would be willing to bet that you will probably have to get one.
    01-11-10 11:09 PM
    not worth going into debt and your required now to have a data plan i had a choice of 256MB or Unlimited the cheapest BB Bill out of any service provider here is 50$

wait till you get the money but its defintly worth it!
    01-11-10 11:35 PM
    agree with all the posts. Don't get a BB if you can't afford the Data Plans. A BB without a Data Plan is as good as a $50 dumbphone.Its meaningless to get into debt for a BB.
    Last edited by bluzthyname; 01-12-10 at 01:15 AM.
    01-12-10 01:10 AM
    Been there. Done that. Debt sucks.

BB is wonderful if affordable but the stress of worrying about the bill may make you hate the phone in the end.

Caution is the watchword.

01-12-10 06:34 AM
    If the $53 monthly bill is killing you, I would not recommend getting a BlackBerry. Hold off until you can enjoy it without worry.

It's not that its killing me but its just that i seem that it's expensive for what i'm getting since i'm not quite using it to its full potential. Like I'm only using say about 200 minutes and texts because its available to me.

How much are you bb plans and who are you guys with? Cause I see so many people with bb's.
    01-12-10 02:35 PM
    If you cant afford it, obviously dont do it. I think you can get by without it.
    As for whether its worth it. YES! I recently switched from iphone to BB and am loving it. Check the link in my sig for my transition review.
    01-12-10 03:36 PM

How much are you bb plans and who are you guys with? Cause I see so many people with bb's.
    I currently have Verizon. You have a choice of any voice plan, but you'll have to pay an extra $29.99/month to have a limited data plan for your BB. The most basic voice plan for an individual is $49.99/month. So altogether, you're paying $79.98...

Have you considered getting a normal cell phone with just a basic data plan? Don't quote me...but I think you can find a data plan for an extra $9.99. Should still give you the same access to checking your e-mail, updating facebook and twitter. But I'm not sure what the limit is.
    01-12-10 03:55 PM
    your bill would be quite a bit higher I wouldnt suggest doing it
    01-12-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD