True that, don't forget about Android's latest controversial factory wipe which doesn't mean it will delete all your data but will leave traces of them all over. You could be in for a rude awakening if you're recycling your phone, giving it away to a family member or reselling them. Just an example the kind of low level security you're dealing with.

Also, if you are at all concerned about privacy and security, Android should be avoided.
    lift likes this.
    06-06-15 12:14 PM
    Hi my contract is up because of the new wireless code in Canada and I was wondering if I should stay with BB or jump ship to android. The thing is I don't know if BB will release an all touch flagship phone anytime soon, so I need help making my decision because my family is pushing me to get a "more" popular phone.

Can some one help me i am very confused?
    first stop listening to your fam.
    06-06-15 01:20 PM
    True that, don't forget about Android's latest controversial factory wipe which doesn't mean it will delete all your data but will leave traces of them all over. You could be in for a rude awakening if you're recycling your phone, giving it away to a family member or reselling them. Just an example the kind of low level security you're dealing with.
    You have to encrypt your data before you factory reset the phone if you own an android phone. Google built encryption in Lollipop.

The best way to completely wipe your Android device - CNET
    06-06-15 01:39 PM
    Enh. If they went to Android Central and asked the same question I imagine they'd get a pretty unanimous YES buy an HTC, LG, Samsung, etc. Here at least there are people that are more open minded and will extol the benefits of BB10. I think it reflects well on this community that they're willing to entertain other platforms.
    HAHAHA Open minded?? You're joking right?

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and techvisor like this.
    06-06-15 01:45 PM
    The question posed, is the bloody same as asking what car should I buy? What clothes should I buy? and so and so on. At the end of the day, buy what you want! Is the family telling you to buy a yellow suit because everyone on your street/town has a yellow suite? Buy what you like. Simple as that!
    Just like a car, they all have four wheels, steering wheel, gas and break peddles. Some people can afford luxury vehicles and some can't, some have their favorite manufacturer. Is everyone driving the exact same vehicle where your from? I can't believe the sort of peer pressure/opinions over a bloody phone. They all do the same as the other..... make calls, text, email, take pictures, listen to music, watch videos and so on!!! This whole thing thing about apps, is a farce! Most applications that one uses are available for all phones. BBM, facebook and many/most of the "social applications".

If you are a kid, yes there are some phone specific apps that that are only available for that company. But most adults are using the standard social applications that are available between all the phone companies.

Posted via CB10
    Lol tell your auto correct keyboard to wake up!! Jk jk.

Well said and I agree whole heartedly with this post

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 02:04 PM
    They all are cheap. Good idea.

Posted via CB10
    How much does the galaxy S6 cost? Certainly more than any BB device....
    06-06-15 02:56 PM
    Sorry to hear about your confusion.

If I were you, DEFINITELY jump to Android.
    06-06-15 03:08 PM
    You lost me at more popular phone. If that is your decision factor then go for it. Personally I get what works best for Me.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    thymaster likes this.
    06-06-15 03:26 PM
    Buying what one likes/needs regardless of its popularity is a sign of maturity!
    lift and Mecca EL like this.
    06-06-15 03:52 PM
    I really wish the mods would do away with posts similar to this. I have not been an active member for that long but these are just pointless. Figure out your smartphone needs personally, research and purchase accordingly.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    I disagree. Skip over titles that bore you and let us play.
    06-06-15 05:47 PM
    OP....
    There are hundreds of well written threads here, about the pluses and minuses of owning a BB10 device. Go back in CB history, to around late 2013/early 2014. You'll find some excellent gems of information. Half of those leaving an emotional comment, about the virtues of BB10, couldn't properly explain to you how to power ON a Z10, what a .bar file is, or what an "official", beta or leaked OS is. So taking their word about Android is about as smart as asking a 5 yr old about parenting.

Now, those that offer the best advice "make your own decision"...that's what you should do, after doing some homework about your desires and what you find necessary in device selection. Think of it as we went shopping for pants, and I hand you a pair that fit me. I'm 6'4", you're 5'10"...one pair of pants. Who's it going to fit better? Exactly. No one here has your hand, your eye, your ear. I don't know how you use a BlackBerry...no one here uses all the millions of sold PassPorts the same way. CB is beginning to read like another herd...ridiculous.

Go get the pair of whatever fits you. No one here knows what suits you best.
    Pdinos3, tdyhedge, Jerry A and 6 others like this.
    06-06-15 06:10 PM
    I really wish the mods would do away with posts similar to this. I have not been an active member for that long but these are just pointless. Figure out your smartphone needs personally, research and purchase accordingly.
    What exactly was pointless? There were plenty of objective opinions responding to the OP. That's not so pointless.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-15 07:10 PM
    which Andead phone is as durable as a BlackBerry? case closed,haha
    06-06-15 07:16 PM
    If you want apps, go to Android. If you want communications and security stay with blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    06-06-15 08:56 PM
    Don't just jump. Run into your jump.

In other words, take a flying leap.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-06-15 09:01 PM
    ANOTHER should I be a deserter thread. If you want to go with the other deserters GO, so sick of these threads (yes I know stop reading them) I read CRACKBERRY because I use and support Blackberry if you want to learn about other phones go to their sites PLEASE.
    There are always people who are having a two way discussion in a thread where one or more posters has to hop in the boat to tell the OP to leave. There are polite hijacks of threads and then theres this where you are basically telling everyone to leave this thread that you are not interested in. Three nutcases doing the same thing in one thread has got me feeling kind of grumpy. This reflects on the friendly unthreatening atmosphere this site is and how I want it to remain. Hot-headed bickering between disagreeing points of view are not the same thing as telling posters to leave our forum. I would like to see this not be tolerated.

I know its better to not feed the fire or else to fight it with humor but i seem to have run all out of that today.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-15 09:06 PM
    Tough decision. After being with Blackberry forever, and all of the Blackberry 10 devices, I finally made a decision to switch to the S6 Edge and have been with Android for about 2 months now. I have to say that I really do miss Blackberry, and many of the features of 10, but this phone just runs so smooth. There are pros and cons though. I do miss the hub, but that's about it. There is something to be said for "Native" apps, as they just seem to run smoother. They were designed for the OS, and not modified to work on one. There are many email possibilities that make it close to the Blackberry experience. You really can't go wrong with either, and I have been Blackberry loyal for a very long time but I would suggest you try Android. You can always go back.
    Mecca EL, Jamie Wooten and Davi20d like this.
    06-06-15 09:07 PM
    Tough decision. After being with Blackberry forever, and all of the Blackberry 10 devices, I finally made a decision to switch to the S6 Edge and have been with Android for about 2 months now. I have to say that I really do miss Blackberry, and many of the features of 10, but this phone just runs so smooth. There are pros and cons though.
    This^^^^^
    I switched to the HTC One M9 about a month ago, OP. I am very happy with it; however, I do miss BlackBerry features like the Hub and keyboard (though Fleksy is growing on me).

Whatever decision you make, Enjoy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL, Jamie Wooten and Davi20d like this.
    06-06-15 09:51 PM
    You need to make a serious assessment of what your own requirements are in a smartphone and then get the device that most closely fulfills them. If that happens to be an Android then more power to you.

But if you're considering an Android merely out of peer pressure or some desire to fit in, prepare for some disappointment.

BlackBerry phones are versatile enough to meet all my own requirements and then some. I'm currently using a Z10. I've updated it to 10.3.2. I've installed the Google Play Store and am enjoying access to all the great big name apps. But I'm also enjoying the fantastic BB10 features like the Hub, Active Frames, and Blend. For me, BB10 hits the sweet spot. Hardware specs are not as important to me as real-world performance.

Good luck in your decision. I always say get what you want and be happy. After all, it's just a phone.
    Wait a minute, what happened to the iPhone you left BlackBerry for? Lol.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    06-06-15 10:41 PM
    I have the privilege of owning all platform on this planet pretty much. But my main devices when I go to work: classic and my 8.4" tab S.

Sent from an iPhone
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-15 11:04 PM
    Yea yet they claim all phones where created equally with out bis

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-07-15 12:27 AM
    You're not alone....I often have the same thought, but every time I use either an android or iOS I instantly feel like I'm using a "toy," they just weren't designed as productivity devices. I find so many things that they just CAN'T do. That doesn't make them bad devices, just built for a different purpose. If either suits your needs then by all means, go get one and get on with it...haha.

But for my organization, we will be holding out for a while longer with our z10's and z30's....which if you compare the hardware specs on to the iPhone 6, to even the z10 the z10 is a STRONG competitor with the added benefit of being able to replace the battery when it gets low. Try that with an iPhone! In my opinion the z30 blows away the iPhone 6 in nearly every way. But that's just one guys opinion. To each his own.

We're hoping to see a flagship touch in the next 12 months....if we don't get one, we will reevaluate then.

That said, we still have some legacy Torches in operation, so take it with a grain of salt, perhaps we're more patient than others! Haha.

Best of luck!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-07-15 01:32 AM
    I tried with android, I came back. Emails on android are like, "ill get them to you when I feel like..." and you start missing the keyboard after a couple of months....and then you never get work done with google play lol...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 02:19 AM
    I have the privilege of owning all platform on this planet pretty much. But my main devices when I go to work: classic and my 8.4" tab S.
    I have my Z30 and iPad Mini 2 with me most of the time: I MAY use my iPad once a day or less, but I always use my Z30... but my iPad is there for my large screen / iOS fix.

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    06-07-15 09:11 AM
    I tried with android, I came back. Emails on android are like, "ill get them to you when I feel like..." and you start missing the keyboard after a couple of months....and then you never get work done with google play lol...

Posted via CB10
    The problem for me wasn't even that it was when an email does come in. OK go into email app. Text message and BBM come in? OK out of the email apparently and into the text message app, then out of the text app and into the BBM app. Or alternatively finish your email and then respond to the other two messages.

With the Z10 and I had forgotten this when I was using the Sony it's email comes in? Hub. While responding a text comes in? Respond with toast and keep going, BBM? Same thing respond with toast and keep going. No adding an app for functionality it comes out of the box to work like this. It makes my day so much easier and yes efficient.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 10:31 AM
140 12345 ...