When the CDMA Bold comes to Telus, can I justify forking out hundreds of dollars to switch from the Storm, just to have themes?? lol May seem like a funny question but I am seriously thinking about it... for that reason!

I love the screen on the storm, have no probs with the typing, no OS issues, and I actually like the click screen now that I know how to use it properly... I don't even think about gestures now! I would miss the finger scrolling...

But I seriously am getting tired of no themes, I NEED a today theme! There's talk that Plazmic might not even release a version capable of making themes for Storm (because of the built in app that lets you chose 1,2 or 3 lines of icons, and making that somehow work with new themes).

So, if in the near future the Bold or Javelin come to Telus, should I switch phones,.... if my only reason is wanting themes?? Or should I just force myself to live with the default Storm one and save 600.00 - and have no today themes??
    02-04-09 06:50 PM
    Personally I'm not into themes at all. I don't care for themes. Just not my cup of tea. But with that said even if I really liked themes I don't think it's worth it to fork out hundreds of dollars more for only that reason. But to each his/her own. By the time a CDMA version of the Bold comes out there will probably be themes out for the Storm anyway.
    02-04-09 06:58 PM
    That seems insane.
    02-04-09 07:03 PM
    With all the problems we've heard about with the Storm, if you got a good one, I would keep it!!

As for themes there must be a thread on here for unlocking vendor themes. Try that or just wait for another theme to be released. No sense wasting money just for themes.
    02-04-09 07:11 PM
    With all the problems we've heard about with the Storm, if you got a good one, I would keep it!!

As for themes there must be a thread on here for unlocking vendor themes. Try that or just wait for another theme to be released. No sense wasting money just for themes.
    There is only one theme on the Storm.... period! No vendor themes. We all have the exact same theme... Thanks for the advice... because I can see me doing something stupid down the road lol.
    02-04-09 07:13 PM
    The CDMA bold is gonna be sweet, but you have a good blackberry already(from the sounds of it, I personally hated the storm), but if you want to fork out the money you can if you have it, but if you are hurting for money just stick with the storm and then switch once the reviews roll around for the new "bold"
    02-04-09 07:15 PM
    Just give it time.... I'm sure themes will come out for the storm. I personally love the theme that the storm has. I just change my pic every once in a while to change the look of it and I'm happy with that. But then again, even when I had my curve and pearl I never was a today theme type of guy. If that’s what you really want I'm sure you could sell your storm to offset the big price tag on the new phone.
    02-04-09 10:39 PM
    i don't care for themes. Save your money.
    02-04-09 10:43 PM
    If you switched and the themes started rolling out for the Storm, would you miss the Storm? If yes then it is just a waiting game. If not, hey it's your money. Do what feels good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 10:48 PM
    When the CDMA Bold comes to Telus, can I justify forking out hundreds of dollars to switch from the Storm, just to have themes?? lol May seem like a funny question but I am seriously thinking about it... for that reason!

I love the screen on the storm, have no probs with the typing, no OS issues, and I actually like the click screen now that I know how to use it properly... I don't even think about gestures now! I would miss the finger scrolling...

But I seriously am getting tired of no themes, I NEED a today theme! There's talk that Plazmic might not even release a version capable of making themes for Storm (because of the built in app that lets you chose 1,2 or 3 lines of icons, and making that somehow work with new themes).

So, if in the near future the Bold or Javelin come to Telus, should I switch phones,.... if my only reason is wanting themes?? Or should I just force myself to live with the default Storm one and save 600.00 - and have no today themes??
    Save that money! themes are not worth 600 dollars, well not to me. In the long run you have to do what is going to make you happy, and if themes are going to do the trick, looks like you will be spending the cash!
    02-05-09 09:14 AM
    Themes aren't worth $600, but the Bold is Sell the Storm when the Bold comes out and just make the switch.
    02-05-09 09:23 AM
    The 4.7 devkit should be out soon.
    02-05-09 09:26 AM
    Rumor has it (I got this right from the Plazmic Forum), it's coming in Feb (this month). We shall see.
    02-05-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD