I got the white torch a few days ago and I must say, I love it! I was apprehensive about it at first after reading all the reviews but it's not what I expected it's great and looks really beautiful. But now I'm wondering what the iphone4 has in store could it possibly outshine the torch? I have a month to make my decision, I'm really torn on this decision. So any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    11-11-10 04:43 PM
    Depends on what you want in a phone.
    Do tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 05:01 PM
    deathcommand is right, we can't tell you if you should or shouldn't without a lot more info, and even then you ultimately need to decide what is most important in a phone
    11-11-10 05:38 PM
    What do you consider essential in a device? Everyone's needs are different. I usually list everything I want in a device with the one thing I absolutely have to have at the top. Then I look for a device that fits. My opinion, try both devices, make a decision and stick with it.

11-11-10 05:47 PM
    I need a phone mostly for web browsing and music as well as a good call quality and speed. Durability is also a big factor

11-11-10 05:50 PM
    What would work best is if someone that has owned both devices could weigh in, since I have only owned blackberry's I can only offer that side of the story however:

In my opinion the browser on OS 6 works very well, never had a single problem with music, I listen to pandora while @ the gym and @ home (cpu's sound card is broken) and I love it, call quality is not an issue either. I can't speak to the durability of the torch but 2 of the 3 BB's I've had I've felt were very durable, the 8530 was the exception to that.
    11-11-10 06:03 PM
    Hello. I carry both devices. I use the BlackBerry for most things but where the iPhone is better is web browsing, apps/games and sat nav. I have the BlackBerry as my primary device as the most important thing for me is communication and as as far as I am concerned you can't beat e-mail, instant messaging and social networking using a BlackBerry keyboard. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the BlackBerry every time.

11-11-10 06:11 PM
    I also have had both and I agree with jpr. For games or apps iphone. Messaging... ?l?ck????y. I am more interested in messaging and I don't spend a ton of time with games.
    I also am still on OS 5 with my storm BUT for on the go the browser does its job. Any major browsing I need to do is done on my pc.

Once I figured out that everything I DID use on the IPhone, I could do with an Ipod touch....so it become useless and spent more time being. Music player than a phone. So I sold it and just bought an ipod touch.

That being said, I owned my ?l?ck????y first. So it also factors into it as I am more used to it and a little more comfortable using it i .e. Faster at navigation and typing etc.

Basically it really comes down to WHAT you want, need, or expect of your phone. But just like everything else in life, what appeals to others may not appeal to you.

Ahhh. Decisions. Decisions

11-11-10 06:43 PM
    If you love it then why trade it?
    11-11-10 07:18 PM
    I think you should get the boxerbriefs cause I can't stand the tighty whities.

I can also tell you what to eat, drink, what women to date and when to go to bed if you like.
    11-11-10 07:28 PM
    I'm sorry I shouldn't have posted that. I know you want opinions and I can't help with that since I've never used either. Good luck on your decision.
    11-11-10 07:31 PM
    I had a 3gs and liked it a lot, but came back to my BB. Personally I would go with the Torch, but I am a fan on the look, feel, features of the BB.

Those white Torches are pretty sick looking.

11-11-10 07:42 PM
    BlackBerry is a smart phone. Iphone is an ipod with a phone function.

11-12-10 01:10 AM
    BlackBerry is a smart phone. Iphone is an ipod with a phone function.

Ipod touch, only with phone hardware. Also, video calling isn't a new feature like apple is trying to reinvent lol

Keep the torch, it's got the replaceable battery. That's my recommendation.

11-12-10 03:29 AM
    Spend two weeks with the Torch. Go to the store after those two weeks and ask if you can trade it for the iPhone without incurring any charges. Try the iPhone for two weeks. After two weeks, ask yourself which one worked best for you and your needs.
    If you go to a forum to ask that question you will get a ton of different answers fro. Complete strangers. No one knows you and your needs/wants better than you.

11-12-10 06:25 AM
    I say return the Torch, get the iPhone. If you don't like the iPhone, return it for the Torch.
    11-12-10 07:43 AM
    Or get what ever works BEST for you not what works well for us.
    11-12-10 07:55 AM
    I say return the Torch, get the iPhone. If you don't like the iPhone, return it for the Torch.
    Can you return it that often on ATT. I know of Sprint you can't unless you get a nice rep.
    11-12-10 10:08 AM
    Can you return it that often on ATT. I know of Sprint you can't unless you get a nice rep.
    I would say that if they can do that then do it. Hands on is the easiest way to decide what works for you.

11-12-10 10:21 AM
    I have both devices. I know all about iphones due to previous employment with ATT. I do not consider the iphone a phone; Although you have the same capabilities in each device, I think BB has caught up in the mobile browsing arena. For music, this is close- If you've been using iPods for some time, it may take some getting used to the interface on BB. I recently made the transition to BB for my music, and haven't looked back.

Re: durability - i've found the torch surprisingly durable.. however, they are both a close race for durability.
    11-12-10 10:32 AM
    I think you should get the boxerbriefs cause I can't stand the tighty whities.

I can also tell you what to eat, drink, what women to date and when to go to bed if you like.

Spend two weeks with the Torch. Go to the store after those two weeks and ask if you can trade it for the iPhone without incurring any charges. Try the iPhone for two weeks. After two weeks, ask yourself which one worked best for you and your needs.
    If you go to a forum to ask that question you will get a ton of different answers fro. Complete strangers. No one knows you and your needs/wants better than you.

Ditto. It's only been a few days, give it some time. Do the same with the iPhone.
    11-12-10 10:32 AM
    U would definitely just pick iphone if u spend most of ur time playing games, and u would absolutley want a blackberry if u had to do a lot of typing
    11-12-10 11:41 AM
    I have had both the torch and Iphone 4.. Like everyone says the choice yours . Choose whatever fits your needs. With what you are describing I would say go for the Iphone. Yes the torch has better browser and great quality but of the two The Iphone has better multemedia capabilities. I personally prefer the Torch. It is the best all arounder phone out there. Messaging is awesome the look is awesome and it is quite smooth despite what the critics say.
    11-12-10 02:44 PM
    I have both devices. I know all about iphones due to previous employment with ATT. I do not consider the iphone a phone; Although you have the same capabilities in each device, I think BB has caught up in the mobile browsing arena. For music, this is close- If you've been using iPods for some time, it may take some getting used to the interface on BB. I recently made the transition to BB for my music, and haven't looked back.

Re: durability - i've found the torch surprisingly durable.. however, they are both a close race for durability.
    same thought and former employer here. just think what u need to dp best with your phone and get the one that suits you best
    11-12-10 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD