Hi guys~

Had my Pearl now for about a month and have been frustrated with a freezing screen (have to do the battery pull and wait for it to re-boot) and the memory issues (never browsing on the internet, close everything properly, etc)....

Are the Curve users running into these issues at all on a regular basis?? Wondering if I should just move on or would I have the same issues??

Thanks!!
    10-20-08 10:00 AM
    With those Pearl issues you may have a defective device. I would return it to the store and ask for a replacement. Those issues are not the norm and it's not based on device but more the OS. Usually those items point to a defective phone.
    10-20-08 10:02 AM
    Yea, your phone is probably defective. Return it and get a new one and everything should be better.
    10-20-08 10:05 AM
    After the third replacement pearl, my wife finally upgraded to curve. It was all memory related I think. She carries around 5000 contacts, and even though her phone said it had >12mb free, logs, past emails, sms, etc were routinely dissappeaering. On curve, all is well so far. The verizon version of the curve has an additional 32mb that I think is worth the size. In this case, vzw was very supportive of the change with no extra fees.
    10-20-08 10:26 AM
    thanks for your comments!

Unfortunately, I got this Pearl (new in box) on E-Bay and it's too late to return it to this seller....
    10-20-08 10:35 AM
    The main concern is memory issues with the 8130 Pearl.

The 8330 Curve has 50% more memory, that will go a long way toward solving those problems.

It is possible to free up enough memory to keep the Pearl running smoothly, but it does require the more complicated computer aided procedure.
    10-20-08 10:45 AM
    ok...I officially hate my Pearl. Not getting e-mails, losing calls, freezing screen. Gotta get a Curve!!!

Thanks for listening~
    10-25-08 11:45 AM
    The curve is a great choice for a phone! I have had one since July, and have not wanted a different phone. My BF has an 8120, and while he doesn't have a ton of issues, he still has had more than I have had with my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 11:50 AM
    Sell it on ebay and pick up a Curve.
    10-25-08 12:00 PM
    A lot of those issues on your Pearl can be fixed. I love 8130 and did the memory optimization procedure and everything is fine. Try to fix some of those issues before getting rid of the Pearl.
    10-25-08 01:02 PM
    Like my Curve but will go to the. Bold next year or whenever (if ever) VZW releases.

10-25-08 01:03 PM
    I have the curve 8330 never have had any probs but the husband has a pearl 8130 and its his second one because of these same probs you are talking about and this one is gonna get sent back also it has got so bad that he is not able to make or reiceve calls. Uuuhhhhggggg. He's hoping they will just give a curve cause of all the probs

10-25-08 01:13 PM
    screw the pearl get the curve!!
    10-25-08 01:22 PM
    I had the pearl and seemed to have the same problems.. upgraded to the curve and not once has my curve frozen up and its gong on 2 Months since i got it. I don't know what others that have gone from the pearl to the curve think but to me it was like going from a t-shirt and blue jeans to a 3 piece suit and tie.
    10-25-08 01:24 PM
    i had the pearl 8130 i like the size of but you have to remember to delete the call logs and any messages that you don't want to keep to free up memory and after i up graded it to the 4.5.0.66 software it usually had about 18 to 20MB free memory.
    10-25-08 06:21 PM
    A regular cell phone keeps a longer call log than this Pearl. I am constantly deleting e-mails (only get about 10/day)....and pulling battery. I have no idea what kind of business anyone could run with this thing.

selling it on E-Bay and moving on...
    10-25-08 06:26 PM
    Got a Curve...it's updated with 4.5 software and has tons of memory!!
    10-29-08 08:22 PM

Sweet question did it arrive with 4.5? and yes the memory is a plus. Congrats on the new phone.
    10-29-08 08:27 PM
    Get the Curve - no problems and I love it! Good luck!
    10-29-08 08:34 PM
    Get the Curve - no problems and I love it! Good luck!
    If you look at the above quote the OP already decided on the Curve... Not sure if you didn't fully read thru the end of the thread.
    10-29-08 08:44 PM
    I currently have a Pearl and just got my first warranty replacement today....I've only had a BB for about 2 months now and I'm so frustrated! It's doing the same things you mentioned about yours! I talked to Tech Support and they told me I could see how this one does or if it does the same thing, I can upgrade to the Curve and pay the difference which is only $20 right now....I'm pretty sure I'll end up switching no matter what!
    10-29-08 11:10 PM
    I got my Curve on Craigslist...the 4.5 was already loaded on it. I didn't think I would want a used one, but I like that the keys are a little looser! Makes it easier and faster to text!
    Never looking back now~
    10-30-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD