08-18-08 10:17 AM
- I have a Pearl as well and want an 8330 Curve now. It is a great phone but is known to have memory issues. 4.5 has taken care of alot of the issues. My Berry is optimized extensively and runs like a champ, but the average user does not do this and they get frusterated with the pearl...08-14-08 09:50 PM
- I currently have a pearl and I orderd a curve from ebay a day ago....
I been rocking 2 pearls since Jan. And its time for me to have a new phone! So since I'm stuck on BlackBerry I decided to just get the curve..
Texting on the pearl is really easy and fast once you get the hang of it...
I'm sorry peeps can't learn how to type on it but yet can learn the bb os????
The pearl is small and sexy and would be perfect for you since you want to decorate it with charms and etc...
Good luck although I can't tell you which I recommend...
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-14-08 11:41 PM
- 08-17-08 03:40 PM
- I just made this decision a month ago. Originally I was going to go with a Pearl- I liked the small "cellphone" like feel of it- and I was planning on using it as my homephone too so I didn't want to feel like I had a PDA on my ear all the time.
But then I went into the store and held it in my hands...I found it to tiny. I don't have big hands, and I'd been using a cellphone for texting...but once I got my hands on it I just didn't connect with it.
I picked up a curve and I was hooked. I liked the extra bulk (honestly, if you're carring a purse the size DOES NOT MATTER! I like to have my phone in my hand so I carry it in a pouch with wriststrap)
If I were you and, like me, honestly didn't know- go down and hold them, fiddle with them- do things like pretend to type, hold it to your head, just HOLD it- if the sales people come bug you tell them to go away you're just not ready yet. (the Rogers reps at my local store hate me lol).
My vote is for the curve tho08-17-08 05:32 PM
- I'm biased, because I'm really attached and probally in love with my Curve, but a friend of mine wasn't sure between the Curve and the Pearl, so she went for the Pearl because "it's so small and cute", but now everytime she gets near mine she picks it up to admire it and says she wishes she got the Curve .08-17-08 09:15 PM
- I have the Pearl. If I had more money, I may have gone with Curve, but my phone before this was the Samsung SCH-R510 (viva la Wafer) and I really like the form factor of it. The Pearl is obviously a bit thicker and longer than the Wafer, but I love it. And there doesn't really seem to be a huge killer advantage the Curve has over the Pearl, a small QWERTY keyboard and a little bit bigger screen, perhaps. But they both virtually match each other when it comes to functionality.08-17-08 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD