08-18-08 10:17 AM
- Okay guys and gals, I am caught in an f'n pickle. I have heard so many good things about the Pearl, but I have also heard good things about the Curve. I can not decide on which one I want to get! This will be my first blackberry and I will have to keep it for 2 years (required by contract) so I really want to make a good choice! Here are a couple of factors:
08-14-08 05:33 PM
- The pearl is smaller, and I love that. I currently have a huge bulky sidekick and that thing is ****.
- The pearl has a place for charms/lanyards. My sidekick was filled with cute stuff and I want to be able to do that with my new phone. Sorry guys, I'm really girly lol.
- The Curve has better data capabilities.
- The Curve is big.
- The Curve is more expensive.
- The Curve has a full QWERTY keyboard.
I need all the help/advice I can get! I want to make a good choice. Thanks a lot guys!
- I went with the pearl purely because of size.... so I gues size DID matter lol
However, since I have fallen in love with all the functionality of BB's in general, I am toying with the idea of getting the Bold when that is available, for the full keyboard.
Hope that helps08-14-08 05:37 PM
- Honestly - the Curve is not some huge monster you're making it out to be. Yes, it's a little wider. But for that extra width, you get the QWERTY keyboard and a larger screen... with the other bonuses you mentions - larger memory, etc.
Only you can decide if you want to spend the extra cash on the Curve or not. Surf crackberry - you'll see a bazillion threads on curve vs. pearl - most with concerns and choices like yours. You'll also see that the vast majority recommend the curve.
Unless you have compelling reasons to get the Pearl (you absolutely LOOOOVE suretype, would have to sell a kidney on the black market to make up the difference between the pearl & curve, etc), I'd say get the Curve. Go to the tMo store and mess with them. Have fun shopping.
Oh - and if you do get the Curve, stop by WalMart on your way home for a tube of CrazyGlue to glue your charms, lanyards, pinwheels and other flair to if it's crucial you have that on your phone.08-14-08 05:39 PM
- Honestly, if the size is more important than the extra memory, BETTER SCREEN, and QWERTY keyboard, then go for the Pearl. A lot of people love it. I just couldn't tolerate the keyboard - but those who use them regularly say once you learn how to use it, it works great. That, and it is much easier to stash in pockets and purses.
If I had a purse, I'd go for the Curve. Since the Curve doesn't fit too well in my pocket, I have a holster. Love the Curve. But, that's me.08-14-08 05:43 PM
- Wow, charms and lanyards.......its a phone! Sorry, I am a guy I guess. Get a Curve, I am biased though and cannot stand suretype (yes I had a suretype berry before my curve). Oh yeah, they difference between curve and pearl is width, all .4in of it, not huge, especially since you get the bigger screen and full keyboard. Enjoy!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-14-08 05:44 PM
- Hmmm, I think the biggest question for you to decide
is.... Form ......or.....Function?
I have the Curve and I love it! Yes, I would love to have a prettier color, but Function is most important for me.
*More Memory (I believe) than Pearl
*Newer Model than Pearl
Good Luck with your choice08-14-08 05:45 PM
- I absolutely love my pearl but if I had the choice to switch for the curve I would hands down. When I got my pearl and first berry the curve was not out for verizon so I did not have the option. The pearl is great for the small size but once you really get into the berry you will wish you had the bigger screen and full keyboard.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-14-08 05:53 PM
Last edited by cire0309; 08-14-08 at 06:19 PM. Reason: sp08-14-08 06:19 PM
- If you do alot of emailing and texting, I would recommend the Curve...the size difference is negligible but the screen and keyboard helped me make my decision.
You can always dress it up with skins and crazy glue like another poster suggested. (Though I'd rather wear the bling on my person than on my phone.)
Fits fine in my purse, holster, and my back pockets.
Have Fun!08-14-08 06:39 PM
- * Welcome *
I wouldn't say the Curve beats the Pearl hands down because they are both wonderful devices.
Around here though, you'll come across more people who had the Pearl and switch it for the Curve. The number of people who had the Curve and switched to the Pearl is rather small; but there are a few around here who did just that.
Since this is your 1st and you'll have it for 2 years, I suggest the Curve. Like I said, the Pearl is great, but eventually you'll want a bigger screen; its better to already start off with it than wishing later on that you had.
The Curve doesnt have anywhere on it to hook lanyards and junk like that. And I think that once you get it, you wont want to deface it like that.
Personally, I use both.08-14-08 06:44 PM
- SevereDeceitSD08-14-08 07:10 PM
- When it really comes down to it the only real differences are the size and keyboard. I ended up choosing the pearl, and I love the size. I've had no problem with SureType at all. I would go for the curve if you plan to use it for business however due to the bigger screen and individual keys.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-14-08 07:24 PM
- I have the Pearl. I had the opportunity to switch but I decided not to because I have large thumbs and I had trouble with the Curve keys- I hit 2 at a time. I would rather have a larger screen but its not an option for me. The Pearl should have had the screen from the Kickstart-there is room for it.08-14-08 07:42 PM
- I too am coming from a SideKick 3, but when I wanted a BB I originally wanted the Pearl, because it came in so many nice colors, and the size, but then I tried the typing, when I saw how it was I completely changed my mind, and got the curve, and love it. The SideKick was the first phone I had with a Qwerty Keyboard, and loved it, and even though the keyboard on the Curve is small I still love it, as well as the size which I too thought was big but got used to, oh yeah and the screen size is also a plus. So try the curve, and if you don't like it return it for the Pearl.08-14-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD