Weird with my usage on my passport I have to charge it during the day to make it through with my brightness turned down to quite low.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 04:08 PM
    hub and virtual kb coming to android (and maybe iOS) means that even blackberry have considered the future is providing the blackberry experience on devices that actually sell.

The slider, if the rumours are correct and it is a full android device is chens last attempt at selling hardware targeted at the consumer.

Bb10 is awesome... But I am prepared now for it not go any further than it has now and most people should too. I don't see blackberry committing to this os. Safe bet would be to get the edge.
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    07-28-15 04:09 PM
    Look I'm not a troll or a fan boy or a BlackBerry hater, but I was feeling this exact way starting December/January with the z10 that I had since summer 2013. Two weeks ago I got the IPhone 6 and I could just feel myself instantly become happier, I can't even explain. I don't care about those who say "it's just a phone", "find what works for you blah blah" (there's some strange idea out there that only 1 OS can work for you, I say BS).

I'm not someone that pretends to know about security (not saying everyone in this community doesn't, but there are a few who throw around that word to justify the anti-ios/ anti-android movement). So because of that, threw "security" out of my list.

Right off the bat, I was just so much more relieved. The last 2 yrs really had me down about things that I couldn't do, things I could do less off, workarounds, etc. BB10 is extraordinary but time and time again I just felt too pinned down. In came the IPhone, and let me tell you, all the fuss about multitasking, typing, going in and out of apps, battery life, etc has been so overblown (imo). Got used to the button and going in and out of apps in a matter of hours, typing is no hassle, battery better than z10 (but that's not saying much).

If you take anything away from this, I hope it's that if you feel frustrated, just go use a friend's S6 edge or something. Don't listen to crackberry or even android central, you have to personally put your hands on it. It took 2 years too long for me to let go of my ego. I wanted to stand out, I wanted to give myself reason after reason for choosing bb10. But recently, I didn't feel like I owed BlackBerry anything, you know what I mean? And one more thing, I immensely enjoy using imessage, facetime, more apps than I have time for (each cross platform app between BlackBerry and IOS/android works infinitely better and has infinitely more features on android/ios), snapchat, and yes even games. And if that makes people here think I have an itoy or if I'm part of a herd, so be it. All I know is I'm having a bloody good time. Not to mention I still love following crackberry, the ios crackberry app is awesome
    07-28-15 06:59 PM
    Good for you!
    07-28-15 07:20 PM
    i checked out the galaxy note edge yesterday, it was an interesting concept, but honestly, a smart watch and the Z30 in my pocket is far more convenient than the edge of a screen lighting up.
    07-28-15 07:47 PM
    OP - do you do a lot of gaming? The best of both worlds here is a Z30, which I just opted for over a Passport. PP *is* awesome, but the Z30 is really perfect IF you want a great modern device with all the BlackBerry essentials. With Snap and Amazon app store you can have just about every important app.

It may be almost 2 years old, but the combination of screen size, unbelievable battery life, fantastic sound and very good graphics from the upgraded GPU (big upgrade over Z10) makes it something to consider.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:24 PM
    Based of what you have described I think you are most for the passport than to anything else.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-28-15 10:26 PM
    I know 4 person who use the s6 and they all have weird problems. Bad battery, bad network, defective screen, defective buttons

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:40 PM
    While all the other devices are great, every time I pick them up I start gesturing.
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    07-28-15 11:04 PM
    Passport. Plain and simple.
    07-28-15 11:23 PM
    i checked out the galaxy note edge yesterday, it was an interesting concept, but honestly, a smart watch and the Z30 in my pocket is far more convenient than the edge of a screen lighting up.
    That Edge screen is more useful than you think. You can put your most used Apps on there and click to toggle quickly from program to program. It's like adding most used icon to Windows Taskbar for quick access. This feature is a lot faster than swiping between programs in BB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    07-28-15 11:31 PM
    I would recommend the Passport

That is if you want a device to get stuff done and make money.

Oddly enough. It would appear as though Chen would probably recommend the Sammy. Given his broad endorsement and clear stance on BlackBerry devices. This guy needs to step up!

Sent via Passport!
    07-28-15 11:34 PM
    my wife just got a passport and loves it. she came from android.
    my opion is after using the passport I find that the traditional rectangle phones feel weird. the screen size of the passport is amazing. I'm not much of a gamer but I played a few on the passport and I was like I could get hooked playing games.
    the 4.5x4.5 screen realy works.
    The screen is 4.5 inches on the diagonal.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:37 PM
    Z10 took a crap when 10.3.2 was pushed through. Time for an update. I'm sure BB fanboys (such as myself) and Droid users are going to be pro "their" device, so I'm going to post this in both forums. I need help choosing between these phones (really wish BB would just produce a phone with the same form factor of the S6 Edge with just as good specs - basically an updated Z10).

Reasons why I want to stay with BB:
    BeBuzz this is my number one must have app. I keep my phone on silent and its nice to see the LED from across the room and know if I need to check my phone or not. From what I saw Droid has LED that you can customize, but nowhere near to the extent of BB.
    Photo Password I love the fact I can open my right in front of someone and they will never know my password- even if they watch me do it 1000 times. Not sure if Android offers anything like this and how awkward would this be with the PP form factor?
    BB10 in my opinion this is the BEST OS out of them all (although I have to admit apple has made strides). I love active frames - it's so easy to get to open programs and close them or switch between them. BB10 just feels so silky and smooth to me.
    Production Powerhouse the HUB is such a perfect idea. It's great to have all notifications in one place but still be able to switch to individual methods easily. I get constant contact from a bunch of different people through different methods throughout the day. I've also found that I really like the virtual keyboard on my Z10 - I was really apprehensive to leave the physical keyboard of my Torch, but glad I did.
    Security this is pretty straightforward

Reasons to go with Samsung:
    Form Factor the Edge is just so sleek and sexy especially in white. The PP just seems big and cumbersome.
    Easy Integration everything seems to work with Andriod. I love to get my nerd on and app support is a MUST. The ability to get Droid apps is a huge plus, but the lack of Google Play almost makes it pointless, almost.

The specs on both phones are similar, I think the Droid is a bit ahead in most areas (I was thinking about going with the Classic, but it has the same specs as my Z10 making it dated out of the box). I know this is a question based on opinions and ultimately will make my own choice, but I'm looking for some help and fresh ideas... Things I may be missing or not thinking of. This is even more helpful on the Android side of things, since I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks in advance for all the input!
    You never mentioned a Z30? Also a very nice and underrated device. I have a Passport, Z30, Z10 and two Samsung Tab Pro tablets. I don't think I could ever use anything other than a BlackBerry and this phenomenally developing BlackBerry 10. So BlackBerry. Too bad your Z10 took a crap on you. Loving mine on 10.3.2.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    07-28-15 11:56 PM
    The edge is awesome but the battery is actually worse than the z10. Much worse. If the passport actually does come to tmobile, I plan on getting that.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:13 AM
    I myself am a Z10 user too. I love the device and it's small formactor. I am concerned about switching to another bigger phone, too. I'm unsure about both of the phones. But obviously you are concerned most about the PP size.

So I'd recommend to get yourself a Passport and try it for some days. If you don't like it send it back.
    I dislike the size of the Z30 and it's screen when I first sued the Z30 having a Z10 for a while, and now I LOVE my Z30. Size is great and I actually prefer the Z30 screen now over the unnecessary bright LCD's.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 09:51 AM
    Think about how much you'll miss the hub. Then make your choice.
    07-29-15 10:11 AM
    It still baffles me that people ask these questions on CrackBerry.....................
    Donvald likes this.
    07-29-15 10:49 AM
    My older son was the only one in the house with an non Blackberry device, two Z30's, one Passport and one iphone up to this past weekend when my older son abandoned iphone and bought a Galaxy Edge. I checked it out against my Z30 and it is a nice looking phone, very thin and a nice bright screen. The edge seems functional, but for my old eyes it would not be of much use. I asked my son how he is liking it and he said he's still getting used to it, but does like the widgets.
    07-29-15 11:43 AM
    The S6 Edge is a device use to woo the looks from other sex around, such that it becomes an approach and talk subject.
    PASSPORT on the other hand, draws attention for being a big device, but strictly for work only.
    08-02-15 01:50 AM
    Reasons to go with Samsung:
    Form Factor the Edge is just so sleek and sexy especially in white. The PP just seems big and cumbersome.
    Easy Integration everything seems to work with Andriod. I love to get my nerd on and app support is a MUST. The ability to get Droid apps is a huge plus, but the lack of Google Play almost makes it pointless, almost.
    Reading this, as a Passport owner I'd recommend you to go with the S6 Edge.

If you like that specific form factor, you probably won't be happy with the Passport. You get used to it but it is still huge and heavy. Even phablets tend to be more compact.

Then, you say app support is a must. Here's the problem. You have the android runtime but you'll often get apps that still don't work properly plus you never know whether they'll still work after an update. And you'll have to get them through Snap if you want the full choice, which is just another involved party. Performance problems are common. Android apps will often run slowly, crash regularly or display their content wrongly due to scaling issues that come from the 1:1 aspect ratio.

The S6 is a good phone and you'll probably be happier with it than with the Passport. One thing I'd consider though, battery life is rather poor and nowhere near the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SunshineStateFlyer; 08-02-15 at 10:39 AM.
    08-02-15 09:56 AM
    Passport is the best device in terms of productivity , speed, precision in typing and finally it is value for money. I am using it since September 2014 and have no issues at all.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    08-02-15 10:23 AM
    best device in terms of productivity , speed, precision in typing and finally it is value for money.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    My version of that is a Z50 properly done with NO compromise.

Classic? Compromised specs
    Passport? Compromised one hand use
    Leap? Compromised specs
    Z30? Compromised screen
    Z10? Compromised battery life

They are all great devices according to some BlackBerry users... but not for me. And all of you secretly agree with me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-02-15 04:31 PM
    My version of that is a Z50 properly done with NO compromise.

Classic? Compromised specs
    Passport? Compromised one hand use
    Leap? Compromised specs
    Z30? Compromised screen

They are all great devices according to some BlackBerry users... but not for me. And all of you secretly agree with me.

I think you'd get used to the Z30 screen. I did. I hated it at first but now I love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:58 PM

Not necessarily.

My Z10 has the biggest battery of any BlackBerry 10 device with this.

http://www.mugenbattery.com/mugen-po...ry-z10-4g-lte/

You can even find cheaper extended batteries too.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:01 PM
64 123