Like the others have posted, it's quite a vast difference. I know that you're worried about the keyboard thing. I was too. I have big hands so I was thinking my big thumbs would get in the way. Nope! I adapted very quickly. Good luck on getting the Tour!
    06-25-09 01:01 PM
    When I got my first blackberry when switching from another phone, it was absolutlely amazing lol I couldn't take my eyes off it.. I only got it because its the newest trend at my school, but since then I became addicted! Lol I can't wait for my next one
    06-25-09 01:06 PM
    I've been a long time BB user...from the Pearl, to the Curve, and now the Bold. I am a really big fan of the way the BB handles email, and messaging in general. The downsides for me would be the camera, and web-browsing.

However, I recently went out and purchased an iPhone 3gS to give it a try. Although it's a great phone, I re-activated my BB within a few days. I'm just so used to it, that I don't know if I could own anything else. I'm sure you'll find thats the case when you get one. Good luck!
    06-25-09 01:12 PM
    If you are into audio books, there is a BB app for Audible and you can even download the books OTA, no computer necessary. It's plays music really well too. I have a Flip 8220 and it was a REAL bonus being able to use all my music as ringtones. Not sure if all BB's can do this but probably.
    06-25-09 01:19 PM
    I'm a huge Audible.com fan! Thanks!
    06-25-09 01:48 PM
    Using your mp3's from a microSD for a ringtone saves on the over-priced ringtones you download.. I used to make my own with a wave editor, and email it to my Dare. So much easier now, I can have Killswitch Engage ring when I get called, and the transformers sound for when I get texts..

Your Crackberry may vary..
    06-25-09 02:04 PM
    First time poster here. I have a LG Touch but have always been interested in having a Blackberry. I don't really have any type of "professional" need for one - they just look like fun. What all could I use it for? Should I get one or just keep my Touch? If I were to get one should it be a Curve or a Tour? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks!

Depends on what it is you are wanting your phone to do. I have the new Curve (8900), I previously had the Pearl (8120) and there are things I miss about my Pearl, but I do generally like my new Curve (8900) better. Personally, I use mine for email, Iheart radio, Myspace, Weather Eye, and Poynt (search app) I love changing themes as well, it's almost like having a whole new phone! I have to admit, I never get bored with it, that's for sure It's an amazing phone and I do accomplish quite a lot with it. Although; at the moment I find myself quite interested in the new Iphone. I have the Ipod touch and I love it!
    Last edited by June Bug; 06-26-09 at 09:17 AM.
    06-26-09 09:12 AM
    Ilove my blackberry. Haven't had it that long but she is my new best friend. I dowloaded iheartradio and it is an awesome app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 11:51 AM

Depends on what it is you are wanting your phone to do. I have the new Curve (8900), I previously had the Pearl (8120) and there are things I miss about my Pearl, but I do generally like my new Curve (8900) better. Personally, I use mine for email, Iheart radio, Myspace, Weather Eye, and Poynt (search app) I love changing themes as well, it's almost like having a whole new phone! I have to admit, I never get bored with it, that's for sure It's an amazing phone and I do accomplish quite a lot with it. Although; at the moment I find myself quite interested in the new Iphone. I have the Ipod touch and I love it!
    I find myself sometimes tempted by the iPhone also but AT&T service around here leaves a lot to be desired. Besides, I think I would really miss my Berry. I love having push e-mail and all the different ways to personalize it. If I were really into surfing the net then it would be iPhone hands down but for what little I do, I just get the mobile app (Facebook, Audible, Yahoo!gGo, etc.) and it's more than sifficient for me. I'm also not at ALL sure I want an "all touch" phone. I think I prefer normal keyboards although a phone with both would be ok. Picking a phone is so personal to a person's own needs that ultimately each of us has to decide on what's right. Me? I got my eyes on a pretty little new BB coming out in Septemeber (Driftwood).
    06-26-09 11:54 AM
    Short answer: yes.

06-26-09 12:42 PM
    Getting a Blackberry would be the smartest thing to do my blackberry has become part of my everyday life Alarm/taking notes in class/Dictionary.com/checking maps if i am ever lost myspace... CB .. anything under the sun dont know where i would be with out one.
    06-26-09 12:47 PM
    Short answer: yes.

+1 on the Short answer.
    06-26-09 12:50 PM
    ive had 2 different blackberries and cant stand them the iphone is far superior in every aspect. hands down
    Oh really, how's that mms coming? How's about some multi-tasking? When's the last time your mp3 player paused for a call (using headphones) while you were surfing the net, running IMs, and gps at the same time?

No seriously, the Iphone is a great piece of machinery if it fits your needs. It all comes down to how you'll use it. BBs are definitely the second most fun phone out there. You can use it for gps (xcept vzw) for free, use it to sync with MS Office files, use it as an MP3 player, as a portable hard drive (you can also add memory and get a new battery), surf the net, play games, and so much more. If you surf the net a lot and play games, an Iphone may be what you want.

If the Tour is anything like the Bold, its worth the wait with 3G and wi-fi! Curves are still fun, and cost $50 these days.

06-27-09 02:56 AM
    I went from a razor to a curve and iam never looking back.
    06-29-09 10:37 AM
    Simple answer - of course!
    06-29-09 11:59 AM
    Hey there�
    Clearly your interest in blackberry is more than enough to get one.
    The curve and tour, are great choices for a blackberry. The curve outsold the iphone and of course, the tour is an upgrade from the curve. Both phones cover multimedia and messaging very well, but the blackberry internet browsing experience is mediocre. The tour would be on a 3g network and without wifi capabilities. The curve would have wifi and lack 3g.

It would come down to price for me, assuming the price drops on the older model curve and tour is priced higher as a new model. My main purpose for a phone would be the ultimate messaging phone. The tour and curve can do that very well. What good is the speed when the blackberry browser experience isn�t anything to brag about. My choice would be the 8900.
    06-29-09 02:19 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD