First time poster here. I have a LG Touch but have always been interested in having a Blackberry. I don't really have any type of "professional" need for one - they just look like fun. What all could I use it for? Should I get one or just keep my Touch? If I were to get one should it be a Curve or a Tour? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks!
    06-24-09 05:20 PM
    Thank you! Any more thoughts from the Crackberrians?
    06-24-09 05:37 PM
    Omg I love my curve. Their is so much stuff you can do on it. But I plan on either getting the palm pre, HTC touch PRO, or the bb tour when it comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 05:46 PM
    I've recently switched from the LG Dare, mainly because I wanted a phone that can sync to Outlook. Makes work easier, and it's damn fun customizing and adding apps to the bb!

The Dare was a pretty phone, nice features for what it did.. The Curve (or any Blackberry, really) is also pretty with substance.. I like brainy and attractive!
    06-24-09 05:50 PM
    Thank you! Any more thoughts from the Crackberrians?
    I'd go to a store and fiddle around with one and get a feel for it. Remember
    that to use it to its fullest capablilities a $30 data plan is required. If you
    decide to not have a data plan, the capablities for apps to be used would be
    severely limited.
    06-24-09 05:57 PM
    Since coming into the BB and CrackBerry world, I have been able to run most of my life from the BB. From e-mails, text, web surfing, weather, news, paying bills, managing accounts, shopping, surfing, chatting, and socializing, I manage all from this device.

Ya wanna talk or text, any phone'll do ya. But you wanna get things done, BlackBerry is the tool.

And CrackBerry makes it fun.

06-24-09 06:00 PM
    Should I get one?

Yes. .
    06-24-09 06:13 PM
    ...How exactly do you pay bills and "shop" on your blackberry?

06-24-09 06:21 PM
    Lol. Yes everybody get a blackberry. Its a great phone. I have an 8900 and I can do soo many kool things. The apps are so helpful in many diff areas besides just fun like maps, Word, trackers. The phone is overall amazing. Purple is my favorite color, so I have a purple skin, theme and wallpaper.

06-24-09 06:25 PM
    I switched to Bold from Nokia and Winmo phones 3 mnths ago and have not regretted at all. Benefits in order of priority
    1 keybord miles better than anything I have ever used or tried , truly astonishing to someone who could type but not text
    2 Screen - arguably on par with iphone , but better than any I have had before
    3 Call quality and reliability , miles better than anything else
    4 I also found OS to be faster, easier and more intuitive than any other
    Downsides
    Camera not great but I prefer to use a real camera
    Browser weak, but I use Opera Mini anway

06-24-09 06:30 PM
    The Level of customization you can achieve on a blackberry is remarkable to me. Nobodies berry is quite the same as mine, or as yours will be.
    06-24-09 10:15 PM
    Since coming into the BB and CrackBerry world, I have been able to run most of my life from the BB. From e-mails, text, web surfing, weather, news, paying bills, managing accounts, shopping, surfing, chatting, and socializing, I manage all from this device.

Ya wanna talk or text, any phone'll do ya. But you wanna get things done, BlackBerry is the tool.

And CrackBerry makes it fun.

Couldn't agree with you more!
    06-24-09 11:11 PM
    ...How exactly do you pay bills and "shop" on your blackberry?

Most major banks and credit card companies have mobile websites.

You can also shop on eBay and Amazon. Amazon has a cool app for the blackberry. It's very clean and fast.
    06-24-09 11:13 PM
    One cool feature I like about my Blackberry is being able to use it as a portable hard drive / jump drive. I take my Blackberry cable, plug one end into my Blackberry, then plug the other in to any PC. I can then transfer files to and from my Blackberry and PC. I can also store PC files as well. Great for transferring files from my work PC to home PC.
    I have an 8GB sdcard in my Curve, so I have plenty of room to store files.
    06-24-09 11:20 PM
    You guys are getting me so excited about getting a Blackberry. Please tell me more-how they are helpful, the ways in which you them, etc. Also, does anyone need reading glasses to see those small letters on the keys?
    06-25-09 12:30 AM
    I think you get used to the keys...it is QWERTY anyway, like your computer keyboard...what difference does it make? You will adapt to it.

I use my BB for all sorts of things, most importantly emails. I have, once, coded a HTML page on it as well haha.
    06-25-09 03:12 AM
    First time poster here. I have a LG Touch but have always been interested in having a Blackberry. I don't really have any type of "professional" need for one - they just look like fun. What all could I use it for? Should I get one or just keep my Touch? If I were to get one should it be a Curve or a Tour? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks!

at this point in the game get the tour..

the curve is a semi old phone now even though it is solid it probably wont be supported as long as the tour will be..

also the tour is way beefier over all ie more memory for applications.. improved browser..

better camera better screen..
    06-25-09 04:39 AM
    What kind of phone you get depends on several things:

What features do you need, form factor, carrier etc.
    Blackberries excel at messaging, PDA, great battery life (don't underestimate importance)
    Also very secure, highly customizable with themes, custom backgrounds, etc.
    Has some games, but not the best gaming platform.

Main competitors Apple, Android and Windows mobile and now Pre have big plus side, but big downside
    too. No device does everything, try them out for yourself.
    But heck yeah get a Tour if you can wait.

06-25-09 05:36 AM
    Thank you all the response. I knew I could count on you Crackberrians. I definetly can wait for the Tour, but it will be hard... I am definetly going to be using this phone for messaging and possibly as a PDA. I will also want to use it for shopping, for example checking Amazon for reviews and prices. Any other thoughts, they are all APPRECIATED.
    06-25-09 12:22 PM
    Blackberries are cool. Second best device out IMO. If you can get an iPhone 3GS... GET IT. IMO, It destroys every blackberry out now. If you have your heart set on a blackberry, what ever you do, steer clear of the Storm!
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-25-09 at 12:42 PM.
    06-25-09 12:28 PM
    ive had 2 different blackberries and cant stand them the iphone is far superior in every aspect. hands down
    06-25-09 12:35 PM
    No. I would consider the iphone 3G/3G s. If you had some sort of business need I would say maybe but before you make a decision look at the iphone first.
    06-25-09 12:38 PM
    I came from an entire lineage of Nokias for 12 years going way back to the phones in the first Mission Impossible movie, and a month ago decided on a Bold.
    Its an incredible device. You could do so much on it compared to a Nokia and its so advanced. I got used to it within a week.
    Only setback is the short battery charge as compared to the Nokia and most useful good apps are not free. The other thing is support or just lack of it as its carrier dependent.
    06-25-09 12:39 PM
    I'm sure the iPhone is great, but I'm a loyal Verizon customer. My contract there is at an end, but I would never leave them. Also, there's just "something" about a Blackberry-at least for me.
    06-25-09 12:46 PM
    I'm sure the iPhone is great, but I'm a loyal Verizon customer. My contract there is at an end, but I would never leave them. Also, there's just "something" about a Blackberry-at least for me.
    Cool. Just don't get the Storm. Wait until the Tour is released and get that one. You don't want to get the curve. It's been out forever and the Tour will be way better. So when it comes out, take it for a test drive. You have 30 days to decide if you like it more than the phone you have. Go for it!
    06-25-09 12:50 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD