Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sigint99
  • 1 Post By battery
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Should i get bb10?

As it says do I need bb10?
    I'm not sure any more I saved my upgrade from June last year only to find out I had to wait till April for a q 10, but to be honest os7 is more than enough to keep me on the go and the more I hear the more I think why not just treat myself to a new 9900!
    Please don't get me wrong but I use bridge to PlayBook a lot a and don't know if paying extra for bb10 is right for me? Any thoughts?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

Hey if the 9900 works for then no need to upgrade. Use what works, and buy when there is something compelling....I personally find the Z10 compelling but that's because I'm irrational .
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,407 Global Posts

Well, you could always wait till the Q10 arrives. I don't know for how long you can save your update, but I don't think getting another Bold 9900 while your others still works is really worth it. There is still some time until April or May, so there will be additional information available what kind of features further updates to BB10 and its core apps will bring.
    From what I heard, bridge for BB10 is kind of lackluster compared to the OS7 variant. Maybe there will either be improvements till the Q10 hits, or we'll get more news about BB10 for the Playbook - which might have a better bridging feature than BB10<->PB OS2.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

This is purely a personal decision, look at the facts does BB10 do what you want/need it to do? If it doesnt are you willing to do without some of what you want it to do? Are you willing to forego some of your wants/needs in hopes it will come in later updates?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Yeah. Only you know what works for you. Just remember what issues are with os7 and if can deal with that over anything else withbb10. I enjoy my 9930 alot but with a lack of apps I wish it could do Internet better or websites would let it. I have a playbook but I don't carry it with me, I do have my 2 new suits tailored with a pocket for it, so I can't use it everywhere. Hope you can make the right choice. From what it sounds, ike you can't go wrong either way
    CrackBerry Abuser

We're not mind readers.

Why do people need to seek approval from strangers on a message forum in order to feel comfortable ? Think for yourself. You're a BB user, not an iSheep drone !
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It's all about balance I don't need a new phone but I badly want one! Now as I said earlier I use bridge a lot as I'm out in my van away from wifi so I'm interested in the thoughts of people who have z10s is the bridge across to PlayBook easy or lame? As for being an i sheep I asked for thoughts so I could make an informed choice rather than just follow the pack! Be a shepherd not a sheep
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I type like what I am saying is fact. It's probably not.

Global Posts
    5,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by ghfred View Post
    As it says do I need bb10?
    I'm not sure any more I saved my upgrade from June last year only to find out I had to wait till April for a q 10, but to be honest os7 is more than enough to keep me on the go and the more I hear the more I think why not just treat myself to a new 9900!
    Please don't get me wrong but I use bridge to PlayBook a lot a and don't know if paying extra for bb10 is right for me? Any thoughts?
    I'm going to say "no". If you use Bridge that much, and ESPECIALLY if you use Bridge for text messaging or BBM, you may very well miss Bridge if you get a Z10. That, along with the lack of Slacker Radio and BBM Music are keeping me on my 9900 for the foreseeable future.

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well it's a choice thing look at the pro's and cons...mm I made the switch the pro's I'm a BlackBerry fan boy I wanted to get the brand new experience and grow with the Os sure I miss the old Bridge but I wouldn't trade my Z10 for any legacy OS BB(NO offence) the reaction time on the 10 is so beautiful I nearly cried when I experienced it, the keyboard is awesome , the browser is on steroids, screen share on BBM (Amazing makes helping new users out easy) sure there are a couple bugs but it's all gonna get sorted out in the updates

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Another question to ask yourself is if you want it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Well I hung out till the Q arrived and was the first to get one from O2 in Norwich!
    Had it a few weeks now and it's fantastic, just can't put it down love it, BUT bridge is Screwed up! :-(

From my sexy Q10
    CrackBerry User

Yes
    Needs and wants
    I didnt need a new BlackBerry but i wanted it
    Really happy with my choice

Posted via CB10