Should I get the Blackberry Bold 9780 or should I wait for a new device. If I should wait, how long? I'm not willing to wait longer than a few months. I can't stand the Blackberry Pearl Flip I have currently.
    01-16-11 12:44 AM
    I assume it will be more than a few months, but could be wrong. So wait a couple and see if there is an official announcement. Or get a used 9700 and save the upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 12:51 AM
    It really depends on what you are wanting to spend. I mean they will always be coming out with new BB's and the chances of you having the latest and greatest one for long will be slim. Like Evan_0 said you can get a used 9700 for probably about 150 or so on Craigslist. If the 5.0 mp camera isnt a must then the 9780 isnt really that different from the 9700. Id say go for a used 9700 and keep your upgrade for when the Dakota arrives
    01-16-11 01:15 AM
    Use the upgrade and start the clock on.a new upgrade. There wil always be something on the horizon.

01-16-11 09:24 AM
    Go for it now. RIM's new offering might be a little bit.

01-16-11 09:41 AM
    Do both...wait and then get the 9780....because those new devices are ways off still.
    01-16-11 09:50 AM
    id say get the 9780, its a great device and honestly this week was the first time we saw leaks for three new devices. As of right now these devices are still rumors and in all honestly we probably wont see these devices for 6 months.
    01-16-11 10:00 AM
    id say get the 9780, its a great device and honestly this week was the first time we saw leaks for three new devices. As of right now these devices are still rumors and in all honestly we probably wont see these devices for 6 months.
    LOL...these phones being six months off??? That is some good kool aid you got there.
    01-16-11 10:03 AM
    He is probably right...these are technically rumors after all....heck, don't you remember the talk about the Dakota eons ago?

On wap, don't sue me...

Also, x2 to what Beyondthebox said...9780 isn't much different than a 9700, spend 150 bucks off CL and load os6 and wait for new devices...

Even if they are 6 months or so off, lol!

01-16-11 11:10 AM
    If you want to stick to Blackberry, hold out for the Dakota. Buy a cheap 85xx series off of Amazon, Craislist, or Ebay to hold you over.
    01-16-11 11:47 AM
    If you want to stick to Blackberry, hold out for the Dakota. Buy a cheap 85xx series off of Amazon, Craislist, or Ebay to hold you over.
    Agreed. Just wait it out for the Dakota (or Montana or whatever its going to be called).
    01-16-11 12:19 PM
    Should I get the Blackberry Bold 9780 or should I wait for a new device. If I should wait, how long? I'm not willing to wait longer than a few months. I can't stand the Blackberry Pearl Flip I have currently.
    If you have the patience then I'd wait. If you don't then I'd get the 9780 now and then if something comes out later on down the road you can sell the 9780 if you choose to and use that money towards a newer device.
    01-16-11 03:06 PM
    If you need a BB now get one. If not wait Sorry but it's that simple. I buy products when I need them. If you're asking this question you can wait. I hope that helped you somewhat
    01-16-11 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD