Hi,

Should I :

1) Buy a good deal on the z10 about �150 in uk
    2) Buy the best of BB Z30
    3) Wait till newer devices come out
    Get a Z10 from Carphone Warehouse at �150 asap...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:12 AM
    The only worry being of the z10 is is it getting a bit outdated after a year, has the updates made it laggy or give new life to its performance and how future proof is it i.e how long before the updates stop . I heard all BB10 devices will be upgradeable to the next version if and when available.
    02-03-14 06:09 AM
    The only worry being of the z10 is is it getting a bit outdated after a year, has the updates made it laggy or give new life to its performance and how future proof is it i.e how long before the updates stop . I heard all BB10 devices will be upgradeable to the next version if and when available.
    Personally for me a year later, owned device since day one the updates have made it more functional less issues. I have had 0 lag on mine since release. But I would highly recommend z30 or new device due to new antena tech they have makes battery feel godly.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 running 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 11:44 AM
    it depends what you want?
    if battery life is important then you have choices with android and the z30 for example.

tell us what you use your phone for and it will be easier to judge if bb10 is worth it for you.
    02-03-14 03:11 PM
    Hi,

I mainly use my phone for texting, email, watching videos on Netflix and browsing loads of internet. Making calls is only when essential
    02-04-14 09:07 AM
    Z30 would be great for all of the above... note Netflix is not available for the BlackBerry Platform. Currently you can use it because of the ability to run Android Apps...and Netflix works great on my Z10. But this "feature" is subject to change, as you will find no official information on downloading Android Apps or Sideloading them for other than developer purposes. Maybe in the coming weeks/months that will change, and we get officially approved access.

But for now if Netflix is a major reason to buy a device, I'd buy one that had official access to it and that if need be you could get support for it. If you were to call Netflix and tell them you were having a problem with your BlackBerry Z30.... they would hang up on you (literally - there is some bad blood there).
    02-04-14 09:50 AM
    Go with the Z30, especially since you plan on streaming videos. At first, I bought the Z10 just to get a feel of BB10. It was great, but the battery life wasn't that great. So I bought the Z30 and I couldn't be happier. I downloaded Netflix from Snap and it runs smoothly.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30
    02-04-14 10:29 AM
    Buy now. The phones and OS are good now. It's the whole "Sky is falling, BlackBerry is Bankrupt, BlackBerry is for sale, BlackBerry is going out of business" attitude/movement that has people wondering if to buy the phones in the first place. Guess what happens if everyone sits on the fence and wonders? Less sales and the cycle continues on and on. If you want to take an educated guess the company will live on for years. Certainly beyond 2014 as another educated guess based on their current financial situation, plans and current products. Buy the phone join the millions of satisfied and happy customers. Be welcomed into a community that actually cares about you and reap the benefits. Each one has to teach one. Reverse the trend. Allow the product to speak for itself and evaluate it based on its merits rather than biased hearsay and negative fanboyism.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:12 AM
    Z30 would be great for all of the above... note Netflix is not available for the BlackBerry Platform. Currently you can use it because of the ability to run Android Apps...and Netflix works great on my Z10. But this "feature" is subject to change, as you will find no official information on downloading Android Apps or Sideloading them for other than developer purposes. Maybe in the coming weeks/months that will change, and we get officially approved access.

But for now if Netflix is a major reason to buy a device, I'd buy one that had official access to it and that if need be you could get support for it. If you were to call Netflix and tell them you were having a problem with your BlackBerry Z30.... they would hang up on you (literally - there is some bad blood there).
    For this reason I'd advise an android. If you can live without Netflix then the z30 will meet your needs

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:09 PM
    im sure someone has mentioned since the 10.2.1 update they have successfully downloaded Netflix on BB10.

I do use Netflix regularly with an subscription but you can always manage to live without this. Just have to use my laptop instead.

I am waiting for WP8 to upgrade to its biggest update in more than a year 8.1 and see how well as an OS it has matured . They say that is sometime in Late Spring April/May. Maybe by then there might be new BB 10 out into the market.

Thanks once again for the replies. Much appreciated

Hopefully one day I will be Crackberry user lol
    02-04-14 04:28 PM
    Wait until year end and see. That's a long time away. It could be cleaning your house by then.
    02-04-14 04:30 PM
    Yes

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    02-04-14 04:46 PM
    If you can afford it, just buy the Z30 now and enjoy it. Life is now. By the end of the year all current phones will be outdated and we'll have a whole new lineup of phones to choose from. Z30 runs Netflix fine and you don't have to jump through hoops to install it either. It's arguably the best phone in many departments from a user satisfaction and experience. It's the most powerful device which runs the best OS. It has arguably the best audio on a smartphone. The screen size is large. Battery life is up there with the best and the list goes on...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 02-05-14 at 08:04 AM.
    02-04-14 09:14 PM
    The OP should buy a BlackBerry 10 smartphone as soon as possible. Why torment yourself watching others enjoy their hands-on experiences with their BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-04-14 10:34 PM
    im sure someone has mentioned since the 10.2.1 update they have successfully downloaded Netflix on BB10.

I do use Netflix regularly with an subscription but you can always manage to live without this. Just have to use my laptop instead.

I am waiting for WP8 to upgrade to its biggest update in more than a year 8.1 and see how well as an OS it has matured . They say that is sometime in Late Spring April/May. Maybe by then there might be new BB 10 out into the market.

Thanks once again for the replies. Much appreciated

Hopefully one day I will be Crackberry user lol
    While Netflix works now there is no guarantee that it will continue to work. All it takes is one update that doesn't play nice with the BlackBerry runtime. Netflix will have no obligation to fix any problems like that.
    If you can live with that then get the z30.

And take what is said in this thread with a pinch of salt, I've used BlackBerry 10 for a year now, and while it is a good os, it is not the best. Look at videos online, see what it can do for yourself and check out the competition too.
    The z30 is over priced for what it is. If you can wait for it to drop in price then do so. I can not recommend the device at its current price. However the z10 is great value but the battery life is one of the worst I've seen

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:11 AM
    Hi,

Should I :

1) Buy a good deal on the z10 about �150 in uk
    2) Buy the best of BB Z30
    3) Wait till newer devices come out
    The Z30 is bigger and faster and has Quad core GPU which is supposed to be better for graphics rendering. The Z10 gets some points for having a slightly better display. Only because the Z10's display is top notch.
    Z30 has a bigger battery but once you run out of juice with the Z30, you'll have to find a charger, however with the Z10, if you happen to have a spare charged battery in your back pocket, you can just switch it over
    So You may go with Z10 as there are not many changes of z30.
    02-05-14 12:45 AM
    z30 would be better suited to me I had a Galaxy Note 2 previously size is no brainer.

However z10 is priced well sim free (i'm sick of tired of waiting for updates delayed by networks on carrier phones)

I will have to think about it but maybe give WP a few months more , at least its better and refreshing experience than Android my Nokia Lumia 920.
    02-05-14 06:10 AM
42 12