Long story short my Palm Centro has failed me for the last time, I got sprint to give me an additional $50 towards a new phone not including my $150 contract renewal bonus that I get to use towards a new phone...

SO:

Ive heard both great things about the Tour 9630 and new Curve 8350? (with trackpad) but the reviews are all over the place.

ive been reading this on CBerry and it seems that sprint is going to have the new tour/bold soon? and possibly the new slider?

My question for you guys is:

Should I just pick up the current Tour or Curve itll cost me $50 + tax out the door?

OR should I wait for the new slider or tour II/Bold II?

I REALLY like having a qwerty keyboard, AND touchscreen...hence the reason why the new slider would be perfect for me because I get Qwerty, Touch screen, and Touch pad.

any advice is appreciated.
    04-21-10 04:51 PM
    I would definitely wait for the 9650. If you can't wait, buy a cheap, used 8130, 8330 or 9630 to hold you over and it can serve as a backup later. As far as the slider goes, I don't think its been confirmed for anybody yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 05:19 PM
    I wouldn't get the slider I wanted a touch screen but also a qwerty, I wound up with the storm 2.
    The next one I was going to get if I didn't couldn't or didn't like the storm 2 was the bold 9700, but I love the Storm 2.
    How soon, is soon?
    I personally what get what they have and if they get the new one within 30 days return yours and get the new one. If not then stick with watcha got.
    IMHO
    04-21-10 05:26 PM
    I would say just wait for the new tour/bold. Its supposedly coming out May 16th on sprint.
    04-21-10 06:11 PM
    Yeah I would wait for the new Tour or Bold...whatever they call it.

04-21-10 06:40 PM
    Waiting for the new Tour does seem to be the most logical move. However, if you are only going to pay $50, and can live without wifi and a trackpad, why wait. Go get your Tour now. I personally like the trackball better than the trackpad. I do like wifi, but I can live without it. If you are like me, then save some cash and get the original Tour.

04-21-10 10:00 PM
    If I read the post right, he has $50 + $150 ($200) for his next phone. If that's the case, I agree with maxiang. Buy a cheap old 8330 on ebay/craigslist and wait for the 9650.
    04-21-10 11:01 PM
    Wait for the 9650. As far as the slider goes no one has a projected date of when it will actually release so you could be waiting a very lontime for that device. The 9650 Bold will be out for sure in May though.
    04-21-10 11:10 PM
    Do NOT get the 9630!! Wait for the 9650 or whatever other device(s) is/are coming to Sprint late-spring or early-summer. Sure, the differences of the 9630 and 9650 aren't huge (that we know of) but the 9630 has already been marked for "End-of-Life" soon by Verizon. Sprint probably will not be far behind. What "might" that mean? It might mean that future updates for the 9630 come far and few between. Certainly, they will come much later than the newer 9650, if they come at all. Mainly, I'm talking about significant updates like OS 6.0, the webkit browser (if its available on non-OS 6.0 devices at all). Seeing that you are coming from a Centro, you have no idea how horrible the current BlackBerry Browser is to other "modern" smartphones. And while Opera Mini and/or Bolt are fantastic substitutes, the RIM webkit browser should be awesome. Nothing works better on a BlackBerry than native-RIM applications.

While I have no proof of this, it seems logical to me. The 9650 and the 9630 are just too darn similar for Verizon/Sprint to want on their shelves. Hence, they'll push people toward the newer device and leave those with the 9630 hanging by a limb.

Anyways, that's just my advice. Good luck!!

04-22-10 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys, I guess ive lasted this long...whats a few more weeks going to do.

im guessing its going to cost a grip more though?
    04-22-10 12:54 PM
    I second the notion of buying a used one off of ebay to test out and get familar with before you get the next generation model that should be right around the corner.
    04-22-10 12:58 PM
    so the Bold II got announced for sprint late may! but now im thinking to wait for all the pre-lim bugs/quirks to get ironed out? thoughts?
    04-26-10 02:41 PM
    That's a good idea cause it will surely come with some

04-26-10 02:46 PM
    Surely.

04-26-10 04:14 PM
    And by the time you are done waiting for the next great OS upgrade a new phone will come out and you will be asking all the same questions again. My thought? Just go buy something that works for you now.
    04-26-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD