• Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes but no Stylus in phones

0 0%
  • Yes, and Stylus in phones

1 100.00%
    We know Blackberry is well known for business but should they show more support for the Arts Community?
    Can a phone be designed to show that?

My Take: Phone designed with a built in Stylus about the size or length and look of a Q10 or Classic but all touch no Physical keyboard. This would be great for Artist to create and draft pieces on the go as well as take care of Business minded people who will be taking notes as well. This with a well thought out industrial design presented along with their secured and smooth Blackberry QNX OS car integration will be bring them a step up.

What do you think?

Things you should know: I own and use a Q10 for most of my mobile needs. Love the design.
    08-18-15 12:50 PM
    I'm pretty sure the best way to cater to the arts community is to have a large phablet/tablet with good app support and a decent range of accessories.

Thing is, there's already better things for that than anything than BlackBerry can come up with, given the existence of serious software like the Adobe suite on iPads/Android tablets, both of which are also better in every other way than a hypothetical BlackBerry response.

A lead chest and a BlackBerry tablet are similar with regards to the issue, in that both are secure and terrible for design.
    08-18-15 01:00 PM
    This would be great for Artist to create and draft pieces on the go as well as take care of Business minded people who will be taking notes as well.
    I guess this would work if most artists wanted to do sketches on a tablet and most business minded people took notes by hand, neither of which I'm convinced are true.
    08-18-15 01:05 PM
    Most everyone I know that is into the arts... are Apple people. From Computers, Tablet's and Phone... there are tools that are built for music, dance and other "arts".

I do agree that a NOTE like device would be GREAT, but without the apps to support it.... what is the point? Especially when you would have to do something BETTER to move them away from a platfrom they have used for YEARS now.
    08-18-15 01:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure the best way to cater to the arts community is to have a large phablet/tablet with good app support and a decent range of accessories.

Thing is, there's already better things for that than anything than BlackBerry can come up with, given the existence of serious software like the Adobe suite on iPads/Android tablets, both of which are also better in every other way than a hypothetical BlackBerry response.

A lead chest and a BlackBerry tablet are similar with regards to the issue, in that both are secure and terrible for design.

When it comes to serious software you're right however it doesn't have to always be "serious" when it comes to Art. People/Artist just want to have fun whether serious or not and as long as the phone is fun to use it will work from there.
    08-18-15 01:31 PM
    Oh dear heavens. How about making it more appealing to people who are left handed.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-18-15 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry should also be more athletic.
    GadgetTravel and TCB on Z10 like this.
    08-18-15 02:40 PM
    Oh dear heavens. How about making it more appealing to people who are left handed.
    I have recently begun wondering about that. It could be interesting to include a setting that makes a phone more friendly to left-handed people.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-18-15 05:26 PM
    On the subject of arts, I have wondered why BlackBerry doesn't polish Docs to Go, create more of its own app resources for writers, and target the community of writers.

I have yet to see BlackBerry advertise in the writers magazines I read. It could be fruitful to market its excellent keyboard/typing experience to those of us who could most appreciate it.

08-18-15 05:34 PM
    I have recently begun wondering about that. It could be interesting to include a setting that makes a phone more friendly to left-handed people.

I meant it as a joke but you might be right. It might be a good marketing tool.
    08-18-15 07:43 PM
    On the subject of arts, I have wondered why BlackBerry doesn't polish Docs to Go, create more of its own app resources for writers, and target the community of writers.

I have yet to see BlackBerry advertise in the writers magazines I read. It could be fruitful to market its excellent keyboard/typing experience to those of us who could most appreciate it.

Because there are like 500 iOS apps that do things like link to desktop writing suites and provide dedicated outlining and writing tools.
    08-18-15 07:45 PM
    I meant it as a joke but you might be right. It might be a good marketing tool.
    It certainly couldn't hurt to have the option.

It came to me while laying in a way where I was holding the phone with my right hand. So, I operated gestures with my left.

While all gestures work just fine, reaching across the screen with my left thumb, so as to access the sidebar options, obscures the screen and the text for the options.

It led me to think, "How is this for left-handed people. Do they find this to be problematic? How come I haven't seen this mentioned before?"

08-19-15 12:17 PM
    Because there are like 500 iOS apps that do things like link to desktop writing suites and provide dedicated outlining and writing tools.
    For that matter, I don't see iOS or Android offerings advertised in writer's magazines either (right now, I am thinking, specifically, of Poets & Writers. I don't have any others in front of me at the moment.).

I see ads where the magazine publishers make their offerings and services available via apps they have created. However, I don't see apps in ads in writer's magazines that target making the practice of writing more convenient.

Also, while I've seen BlackBerry advertise on one of its blogs about how BlackBerry phones have been used to write novels, I haven't seen any effort to make writers aware that is possible. "Such and such writers have written X,Y,Z books on a BlackBerry phone. This is what makes it convenient and why you can do it, too." Making their story known only via their blog seems limiting because, unless writers are interested in technology (as I am), I have no clue why they'd think to look there.

And, while I understand there are many apps available on iOS. My attempts at iPhone keyboards make my writing a non-option on it, for me. However, most of my writing does happen rather easily via my Q10 (I like to sit at lakes, Starbucks stores, parking lots, and such to write). Since my laptop died, mostly everything I write happens on my phone.

[Note: I do acknowledge that while typing long volumes is less than ideal on an iPhone (and, many Android devices, too), for me, mobile typing becomes more feasible for some with an iPad and a Bluetooth keyboard.]

08-19-15 12:34 PM
    For that matter, I don't see iOS or Android offerings advertised in writer's magazines either (right now, I am thinking, specifically, of Poets & Writers. I don't have any others in front of me at the moment.).

I see ads where the magazine publishers make their offerings and services available via apps they have created. However, I don't see apps in ads in writer's magazines that target making the practice of writing more convenient.

Also, while I've seen BlackBerry advertise on one of its blogs about how BlackBerry phones have been used to write novels, I haven't seen any effort to make writers aware that is possible. "Such and such writers have written X,Y,Z books on a BlackBerry phone. This is what makes it convenient and why you can do it, too." Making their story known only via their blog seems limiting because, unless writers are interested in technology (as I am), I have no clue why they'd think to look there.

And, while I understand there are many apps available on iOS. My attempts at iPhone keyboards make my writing a non-option on it, for me. However, most of my writing does happen rather easily via my Q10 (I like to sit at lakes, Starbucks stores, parking lots, and such to write). Since my laptop died, mostly everything I write happens on my phone.

[Note: I do acknowledge that while typing long volumes is less than ideal on an iPhone (and, many Android devices, too), for me, mobile typing becomes more feasible for some with an iPad and a Bluetooth keyboard.]

I will say I've heard of more writers that wrote their stories on a BlackBerry....

But too be honest that is a niche within a niche....
    08-19-15 01:59 PM
    You mean for BlackBerry to go full hipster?
    #BlackberryLivesMatter

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    08-19-15 06:31 PM