As the title says. Now that BlackBerry has a killer operating system should they make tablets again? I feel they might be successful this time. Last time around I think the operating system hurt them. I can see it being more successful this time around. Especially of they are going after the business customers who are using tablets for the most part anyways.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:51 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a BlackBerry 10 tablet which resembles the PlayBook dimensions wise, although they would need to do a lot of work optimizing it for a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:55 PM
    I would love one but I can't see it happening. The UI on the PlayBook was nice. Was easy to switch between it and my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:03 PM
    My experience in this community (albeit brief) leads me to believe that there are many I'll feelings toward the last foray BlackBerry took into tablets. Just check the PlayBook category of the forums... a pretty forlorn area, imo. (no I'll will meant)

I also think it sounds interesting, with a caveat... my only concern is that tablets really seem like consumption devices, falsely promising to be production devices.

If that's the case, it would really work against the brand promise that BlackBerry is making to people right now.

Cr)m... via Passport
    rohetaku likes this.
    01-08-15 10:04 PM
    Good point that tablets are mainly for consumers. Don't really see too many businesses using tablets. And I also do think the PlayBook left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Would love to see them try again however with BB10. But your right it needs to be geared more towards businesses, but is there a big enough market for that?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:09 PM
    Good point that tablets are mainly for consumers. Don't really see too many businesses using tablets. And I also do think the PlayBook left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Would love to see them try again however with BB10. But your right it needs to be geared more towards businesses, but is there a big enough market for that?

Posted via CB10
    Many businesses do use tablets.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-15 10:17 PM
    True. I meant to say can blackberry get a good share of that market if they were to make tablets again. Most tablets businesses use I would think are Microsoft tablets.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:24 PM
    Many businesses do use tablets.
    Correction: many business use iPads (and this is coming from an anti-Apple Android fan).

The problem with a BB tablet is that it lacks the few things that BB phones are good at: communication. Tablets are really just app launchers, and BB doesn't have many apps to launch, certainly not the breadth and depth of the business (or consumer) apps that the iPad offers, and thus would attract very little interest beyond the hardcore "we'll buy anything with a BB logo on it" fanbase. And even that fanbase might skip a BB tablet after having been badly burned by the Playbook.
    gebco, Pulkist, Rello and 9 others like this.
    01-08-15 11:26 PM
    I would love to have one! Tablet market are huge, most of smartphone user also have tablet as secondry device.

The multitask window in BB10 is the killer features, which I miss with android device. If only RIM can make it true, with latest spec within reasonable price then you should have my money for it. I would like to have tablet like Sony Z3 compact tablet running BB10 OS inside!

Flying full colours with my  Z30
    01-09-15 12:37 AM
    Correction: many business use iPads (and this is coming from an anti-Apple Android fan).

The problem with a BB tablet is that it lacks the few things that BB phones are good at: communication. Tablets are really just app launchers, and BB doesn't have many apps to launch, certainly not the breadth and depth of the business (or consumer) apps that the iPad offers, and thus would attract very little interest beyond the hardcore "we'll buy anything with a BB logo on it" fanbase. And even that fanbase might skip a BB tablet after having been badly burned by the Playbook.
    I agree, but I could see a BlackBerry tablet running in hospitals,airports etc and for personal use, personally I hate tablets and find its a waste of money, but after having my Samsung tab4 it's pretty nifty for quit reads that's better off than the phone, and I'm too lazy to go crab my laptops of turn in the computer. Who knows we may see a Samsung tab with bb10 os in the very near future.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-09-15 12:52 AM
    Why not?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 12:55 AM
    They need to continue focus on the enterprise and BB10 handsets for now and fully solidify themselves as being back in the game permanently.

They're not remotely ready to dive back into the tablet market. Yet. Ask this question in another year or two. Lots of things can change in that time.
    01-09-15 07:21 AM
    As the title says. Now that BlackBerry has a killer operating system should they make tablets again? I feel they might be successful this time. Last time around I think the operating system hurt them. I can see it being more successful this time around. Especially of they are going after the business customers who are using tablets for the most part anyways.

Posted via CB10
    John Chen did confirm that they are working on a tablet

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 07:29 AM
    Naw. Just leave the tablets alone. If they can't make a highend one for less than 200, it's pointless.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 07:32 AM
    John Chen did confirm that they are working on a tablet

Posted via CB10
    When did he confirm that? Link?
    01-09-15 07:43 AM
    Now? No way, that could kill their chances to dig out. Keep on the same path. In a few years? Maybe.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-15 07:50 AM
    Unless you haven't been to a local tech store like FutureShop or BestBuy, the tablet market is saturated. The simple fact that BlackBerry can't sell phones to their tiny loyal fan base, they won't sell tablets. If tablets were profitable, then the playbook, would still be supported and new models released. Do a quick google and read how many of these boat anchors are still sitting in a warehouse somewhere, and BlackBerry took a huge hit in their financials.

If they do come out with a tablet, I can't wait for Chen's trade in your iPad program. They failed miserably at tablets the first try and will fail if they do it again.
    01-09-15 08:12 AM
    Not that they would, or is it a good idea for them. But if they were to make something I think a small laptop with a detachable screen like Asus makes would be nice

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope... Unless it's revoluntary like Chen hinted. More then happy with my iPad mini. At this point, I can't see how bb could make it anything better other then hdmi out and memory card storage but at the limitation of apps which for pads make no sense. Yes we know you can do android apps from marketing aspect their App Store is shambles and to conarket android most would just buy an android then.

That said, if it came with a real keyboard I'd be all over it but not as a cover like ms ones. On the primary screen. I hate virtual ones.
    01-09-15 08:40 AM
    I would like to see the developers do what CM did. Create a boot loader and a custom ROM for tablets and phones and such. They could piggy back off the hardware already produced. This would cut costs down dramatically. Inside the loader and ROM could be placed check and balances against rooting to further protect their software.

But to reiterate, no, BlackBerry should NOT waste their time developing a new Tablet. Focus on Software and infrastructure.
    01-09-15 08:57 AM
    What?? Wow. I attend enough trade shows to see every booth using them for presentations and stuff. I would out down good money that businesses account for more iPad sales than consumers. Although I would bet the opposite for Android tablets.
    It is imperative that BB makes another tablet. Not having a tablet is like Lenovo not having a laptop.

Good point that tablets are mainly for consumers. Don't really see too many businesses using tablets.

Posted via CB10

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    01-09-15 09:37 AM
    Should blackberry make tablets again running BB10?-1420818175759_999426.jpeg

This is actually a all touch Passport 2 render. But can act like a tablet

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia and svelt like this.
    01-09-15 09:44 AM
    Why, specifically, do you think that BB would do better with tablets than they did before?
    01-09-15 10:17 AM
    Nope, I won't be buying any tablet based on a phone OS, including the possible BlackBerry 10 tablet.

Productive tablets need to run desktop grade programs as well as drivers for desktop OS. Therefore, Windows tablets are the only real "productive" tablets out there. Other phone OS tablets: Ipads, and Android tablets are primarily consumer entertainment devices: and that is how majority of them are used.

Apps cannot replace programs.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    01-09-15 10:35 AM
    No way. The PlayBook fiasco was enough.

I will never go down that road again. BlackBerry left all the PB owners high and dry.

They can stick it where the sun don't shine.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-09-15 10:50 AM
161 123 ...