It's about time Android users start paying for their apps instead of pirating APK files.

I think BlackBerry should place ads in the HUB for Android and iOS versions. For users who truly enjoy the HUB should pay a monthly subscription with no ads. Do you think the HUB is a profitable app for BlackBerry?
    03-31-15 05:24 AM
    It's about time Android users start paying for their apps instead of pirating APK files.

I think BlackBerry should place ads in the HUB for Android and iOS versions. For users who truly enjoy the HUB should pay a monthly subscription with no ads. Do you think the HUB is a profitable app for BlackBerry?
    Monthly subscriptions don't work very well for consumer apps. One time pay may be a good option.
    03-31-15 05:52 AM
    YES!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:12 AM
    Is that BlackBerry's new modus operandi, to now charge for apps (that no one wants), and sticker packs? That will certainly lead them back to the glory days. Considering the amount of devices Apple and Android sold this year, and neither company has a "hub" that tells me, it's not that great of a technology that consumers are clamouring for. If consumers really want the "hub", BlackBerry would have sold a few more then the measly 7M devices last fiscal year...
    mikeo007, JeepBB, BB_Junky and 3 others like this.
    03-31-15 07:14 AM
    What kind of ads should BlackBerry stick into the Hub? You're talking about Android here. With it, you can do an awful lot. Including host level ad blocking. Ads NEVER load on my Android devices. Doesn't matter if it is ads on websites, inside of apps, or in YouTube videos. They simply do not load. The only ads I can't block are audio ads from streaming radio services and spam messages like what BBM serves up to its victims.

So how will BlackBerry handle adds in the Hub?

Oh by the way OP, I hope you enjoy looking ads also. Hasn't BBM taught you that BlackBerry is an equal opportunity milker? They will happily milk the owners of BB10 devices for every penny the can scrape together just like they would anyone else. If they put ads in the Android and iOS versions of the Hub, you can bet they'll do the same with the BB10 version. They've already put ads in BBM for BB10. So why wouldn't they do it with the Hub for BB10 as well???
    JeepBB and sentimentGX4 like this.
    03-31-15 07:40 AM
    Of course they should, if not then have them with ads.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry is trying to be an Enterprise software company, so no ads or additional subscription fees in their BES charge. For Google Play, iOS - Free with ads.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-31-15 at 01:49 PM.
    03-31-15 08:39 AM
    No, that way hopefully they like it and the more they use the hub and other BlackBerry products like bbm ect, they will eventually just switch to BlackBerry to get the full experience

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:43 AM
    I don't know that they can charge for a service that the majority of Android and iOS users don't know about and haven't been asking for. I'd love to know the revenue that Stickers is generating for Blackberry, but my guess is that it is tiny compared to what they thought it would be.
    Witmen, Bbnivende, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    03-31-15 08:59 AM
    I don't know that they can charge for a service that the majority of Android and iOS users don't know about and haven't been asking for. I'd love to know the revenue that Stickers is generating for Blackberry, but my guess is that it is tiny compared to what they thought it would be.

Yes another solution looking for a problem - sure to be a revenue hit...
    Bbnivende, JeepBB, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    03-31-15 09:09 AM
    They should, they should paye HEAVILY!
    03-31-15 09:09 AM
    They should, they should paye HEAVILY!
    Yes by all means, makes perfect sense. God knows that people have been pining for the hub which is why so many people have jumped on the BB10 bandwagon. Make the holdouts pay. If they don't want to part with their Android or iOS device like the rest of the world to enjoy the goodness of the HUB they will have to pay for it and pay HEAVILY. So many people want it it makes sense to charge them a fortune for it if they won't leave their respective platforms.
    JeepBB, MikeX74 and shaleem like this.
    03-31-15 09:16 AM
    I'm trying to figure out the best way the Hub could be utilized on Android. I think if it was just an app that one has to launch to use, it wouldn't be that beneficial. People are already used to their own way of checking notifications/composing messages that they'd probably forget the Hub is even there, unless they were using it to view a chronological list of their incoming notifications.

A home screen widget would be kinda cool. I'm imagining something like having your accounts on the left of the widget and your messages on the right side, and you can scroll through each within the widget and launch whatever you tap on, whether it's a certain account or certain message.

Then there's something like the way the Hub works on BB10. Some Android devices already have something that works like this, but they're news/headline sources instead of a notification hub. Maybe for devices that have this capability, you could replace these news hubs with the BB10 hub. I think this is the adaptation I'd like to see the most, but I don't know how feasible it is.
    donnation and Tre Lawrence like this.
    03-31-15 10:20 AM
    Yeah, but isn't Hub counted on as a winning ace? I'm one of those who jumped on the BB10 bandwagon because of the Hub (not only that). Plus, I don't feel there are downgrades from iOS or Android to BB10. BB10 has almost all useful features, even more.
    03-31-15 02:22 PM
    I can see BlackBerry releasing their Productivity suites on google play with an option to skin the BB10 UI. As for monthly subscription fees they would have to keep it reasonable or charge a one time fee of say $20 or so.

If BlackBerry did this I would gladly jump to a M9 or S6 lol

Loving my Passport!
    03-31-15 03:39 PM
    This whole thread makes me sad - I wish BlackBerry would stop basterdising their iconic software (bbm) for chump change. It cheapens the brand and makes BlackBerry look like amateurs.

If Android and iOS users experience BlackBerry as something which clogs up their life with spamware then forget a reputation for quality, or for security.

Just have a bit of respect for your own brand BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-31-15 04:20 PM
    Isn't BlackBerry charging them via BlackBerry Suite for enterprise? For the everyday consumer most couldn't be bothered with the hub. Most have learned how to use their phones well enough without it.
    Most consumer aren't aware BlackBerry 10 exists and it doesn't help that others (MS, Google, and I'm sure Apple) are all working diligently towards creating their own hub. It's amazing how well borrowing from the competition works for these three, but BlackBerry hasn't figured it out yet. MS bought Acompli, Google update Gmail, and I'm sure Apple is working on tweaking iMessage for the same in their next major iOS update (after ios 9).
    Yes, they don't do text or other IM platforms yet but they will....count on it.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    03-31-15 06:32 PM
    If BB creates a launcher incorporating the hub then yes they should be able to charge for it $3-5. But subscription plan is crazy talk.
    03-31-15 06:52 PM
    I'm trying to figure out the best way the Hub could be utilized on Android. I think if it was just an app that one has to launch to use, it wouldn't be that beneficial. People are already used to their own way of checking notifications/composing messages that they'd probably forget the Hub is even there, unless they were using it to view a chronological list of their incoming notifications.

A home screen widget would be kinda cool. I'm imagining something like having your accounts on the left of the widget and your messages on the right side, and you can scroll through each within the widget and launch whatever you tap on, whether it's a certain account or certain message.

Then there's something like the way the Hub works on BB10. Some Android devices already have something that works like this, but they're news/headline sources instead of a notification hub. Maybe for devices that have this capability, you could replace these news hubs with the BB10 hub. I think this is the adaptation I'd like to see the most, but I don't know how feasible it is.
    They would have to have their own launcher IMO. I'd like to see the full BB10 experience with active frames and gestures (peek/flow).

I hate the standard Android multitasking system with 30+ previous apps in the multitasking list. Makes it harder for me to switch between the apps I'm currently actively using since I have to see 15 apps I used 4+ hours ago and am long since done using.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-01-15 01:47 PM
    They would have to have their own launcher IMO. I'd like to see the full BB10 experience with active frames and gestures (peek/flow).

I hate the standard Android multitasking system with 30+ previous apps in the multitasking list. Makes it harder for me to switch between the apps I'm currently actively using since I have to see 15 apps I used 4+ hours ago and am long since done using.

I usually just close out of an app once I'm done using it, unless it's something I use a lot like texts, email, browser, etc. It's the same number of steps as on BB10, only backwards. On BB10 you swipe up and tap the x to close the app. On Android you tap the multitasking button and swipe the app away.
    04-01-15 01:54 PM
    Big fat yes!

Beproud
    04-01-15 01:56 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry should allow or produce this capability. Keep it exclusive to BlackBerry. The tide is changing rapidly in mobility. The days of expensive carrier subsidized phones will soon be coming to an end.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-01-15 02:02 PM
    I like the hub, one of my favorite BB10 features. But if I switched to Android I wouldn't pay a penny for it. Why? It's a bit better than pulling down my notifications on Android, but not worth paying for another app to scroll to and open up.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:53 PM
    I usually just close out of an app once I'm done using it, unless it's something I use a lot like texts, email, browser, etc. It's the same number of steps as on BB10, only backwards. On BB10 you swipe up and tap the x to close the app. On Android you tap the multitasking button and swipe the app away.
    A simpler solution (for me) would be the ability to set a maximum number of previous apps to show in the multitasking list.

04-02-15 12:23 AM
    Corporate use as a BlackBerry service.
    UI productivity enhancements for other OSes.

There the question is not whether / if they're gonna get charged, but how much they're gonna pay...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-02-15 02:42 AM
85 123 ...