I've been wondering for awhile now if there is a shortcut to inserting a contact into a message? For example, say my friend text me asking for someones phone number in my contact list. Is there any keyboard shortcut I could use instead of going into my address book & finding the contact the copying & pasting the number into the text?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 09:29 PM
    If you press the menu key while viewing a contact, there's an option to "Send contact card," and one of the options is via text message.

09-09-11 10:12 PM
    Also, while in a text or email message, try MenuKey > Attach > Contact. Be aware that it will switch a simple text message to MMS, and it attaches the entire contact "card." I don't know of a way to copy just one component of contact information.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-10-11 09:28 AM
    Thanks this helps me out a lot

09-10-11 09:24 PM
    I just tried to see if either of these options work on my bb & they don't

09-10-11 09:56 PM
    I'm on wap and can't see your OS if you have it posted. My instructions are for OS6 and I'm on Verizon. Sorry if those instructions don't work for you - probably an OS difference.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-10-11 10:00 PM
    What if you put it into auto text? You know, like the whole "my_number" or "my_pin" thing. Without the underscore. That way all you do is write your friend's name and number so it'll just write the phone number. Example: Johnnumber = 6359842586

Hope it helps
    09-11-11 11:22 AM
    Good idea. Ill have to try that.
    Thanks again

09-12-11 08:49 PM
    What if you put it into auto text? You know, like the whole "my_number" or "my_pin" thing. Without the underscore. That way all you do is write your friend's name and number so it'll just write the phone number. Example: Johnnumber = 6359842586

Hope it helps
    That would only be a good idea if the OP was always sending the same number over & over again.

I think she was looking for a general way to do this.

Still, good thinking outside the box.
    09-12-11 11:41 PM
    I just tried to see if either of these options work on my bb & they don't
    I'll be on a plane tomorrow with one of my guys that has an 8530 running OS5.0, so I'll take a look.

Remember that even if you can't attach it to a text, you can still easily do so to an email, or easily send one to a BBM contact as well.

In an email, click MENU, then Attach.

In a BBM chat, click MENU, then go to Send> and scroll right to expand the menu item, selecting Contact.

*** Just a note to be careful sending entire Contacts: remember to check if you have personal info there that you wouldn't want to share with others, ie birthdays, BB PIN's, notes, home address, etc.
    09-12-11 11:47 PM
    To insert your number in any text/email just type mynumber and press space or mypin and press space to insert your pin

09-13-11 01:56 AM
    To insert your number in any text/email just type mynumber and press space or mypin and press space to insert your pin
    The OP is looking to send one contact's number to another contact, not her own.
    09-13-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD