Least of BlackBerry's problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:15 PM
    Actually just epitomises them

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 04:54 PM
    I found it more appalling that Blackberry tried to make a laugh out of their own privileged information leaked. As a statement this is coming from a company that toot the security horn at drop of the hat, just blows.

Chen: Are you feeling safe at the moment?
    Customer: Yes, it is a catastrophically successful safe feeling.
    It's a human leak, not a technological one...

BlackBerry is not the Secret Service with the licence to ahem,... dispose of leakers...

There is just no technological means to stop employees from divulging info prematurely. Otherwise we'd live in a hardcore police state or had a crime-free society.

:-)

�   Forget the name, ... Priv it on! :-)   �
    09-30-15 09:12 PM
    I wondered the same thing when I read it.

"We found this breach of privacy extraordinary, and at the same time the best demonstration as to why BlackBerry's products, technology and brand are essential to the world."

First I thought, a corporate leak and the security of your smartphone communications are two different things, and BlackBerry shouldn't be conflating the two in their communications.

Then I thought, wait, this also reads like the source of the leak was a breach of their communications systems.

They really have to do better than this in their P.R. The last thing they need to be doing is using misleading analogies or potentially misinterpreted statements in their advertising.

Oh, and the site looks like something I'd throw together when writing HTML by hand. Just saying.
    I agree. I didn't really understand the message. And I still don't understand the privacy is a privilege statement they keep making. I feel like they should be saying privacy is a right not a privilege...

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    09-30-15 09:27 PM
    Not sure what everyone is in a tizzy about it. I like the page. It's a smart take on both.

Design is now about simplicity and white space. The days of multi colored gradients and bubbles are in the past. Give people the information they need, make it simple and clear. The Priv section nails it straight ton.

The Passport one is a smart ad as it focuses on the wider view, but I would have chosen a less busy screen to use for the background, that would be more work specific and let the device itself pop out and not be so buried.

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    10-01-15 06:31 AM
    Not sure what everyone is in a tizzy about it. I like the page. It's a smart take on both.

Design is now about simplicity and white space. The days of multi colored gradients and bubbles are in the past. Give people the information they need, make it simple and clear. The Priv section nails it straight ton.

The Passport one is a smart ad as it focuses on the wider view, but I would have chosen a less busy screen to use for the background, that would be more work specific and let the device itself pop out and not be so buried.

Posted via CB10
    Minimalism? Sure, but this isn't minimalism done well. It's on the right track, but it's not there.

Check out microsoft.com, check out their clean and simple hero banners (heroes). Or even apple.com (a little cheesey). This is who we're up against. And good design doesn't need to be this hard for BlackBerry, just hire a professional.

A different typeface would have made a major difference.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    10-01-15 08:52 AM
    Now we know why they never try marketing
    It's downright impossible for them to get it right it seems :S

Posted via CB10

The blackberry leap commercial they did was HORRIBLE! They kept repeating the same line over and over...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:02 PM
    10-01-15 03:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output_VQjeUz.gif 
Views:	650 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	374032
    I like this one. Nice and cheeky, but also not sarcastic. It's good stuff. Though with BlackBerry going Android, does BlackBerry have any say when it comes to Google stealing the info of Priv users?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 04:13 PM
    I like this one. Nice and cheeky, but also not sarcastic. It's good stuff. Though with BlackBerry going Android, does BlackBerry have any say when it comes to Google stealing the info of Priv users?

Posted via CB10
    It has the same effect as a fly landing on the rear end of a hippo.

Posted via CB10
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-01-15 09:53 PM
    Lol you think chrome is better than BlackBerry browser? You're in for a surprise.
    Are you kidding me..? I'm a web designer and I can tell you with 100% confidence that chrome is better than the BlackBerry browser in just about every way possible. I've had countless compatibility problems with the BB10 browser when using newer technologies like flexbox and calc. The BlackBerry 10 Browser was great when it first came out, but it has fallen so stagnant. You don't get a smooth 30fps when scrolling on sites, it's choppy when sites are in any way complex. BlackBerry's biggest mistake was building the browser in HTML5 instead of just building a native browser. They literally did that as a way to try and get developers on-board for HTML5 development. It was a sales technique that did nothing but hurt the browser in the long-run. It's so finicky at times. And they have completely ditched it but that's besides the point. The browser hasn't gotten a significant update in AGES. I think you have not used the Chrome browser because I use it nearly every day on my testing devices when browser and mobile testing responsive websites for clientele. Just because BB10's main sales pitch when BB10 came out was the phenomenal browser doesn't mean it has stood the test of time. Just having a decent HTML5 score does NOT mean it's the best browser on the market. It lacks in so many ways compared to the other browsers out there and has dozens of rendering issues for newer technology. It's *alright* at best. It had it's peak but it has been downhill ever since.

I swear, so many of you are just blindly accepting these things. Go actually use Chrome on a flagship Android device and tell me ONE area where the BB10 browser is better when it comes to it's core functionality of rendering websites.
    10-02-15 10:27 PM
    Are you kidding me..? I'm a web designer and I can tell you with 100% confidence that chrome is better than the BlackBerry browser in just about every way possible. I've had countless compatibility problems with the BB10 browser when using newer technologies like flexbox and calc. The BlackBerry 10 Browser was great when it first came out, but it has fallen so stagnant. You don't get a smooth 30fps when scrolling on sites, it's choppy when sites are in any way complex. BlackBerry's biggest mistake was building the browser in HTML5 instead of just building a native browser. They literally did that as a way to try and get developers on-board for HTML5 development. It was a sales technique that did nothing but hurt the browser in the long-run. It's so finicky at times. And they have completely ditched it but that's besides the point. The browser hasn't gotten a significant update in AGES. I think you have not used the Chrome browser because I use it nearly every day on my testing devices when browser and mobile testing responsive websites for clientele. Just because BB10's main sales pitch when BB10 came out was the phenomenal browser doesn't mean it has stood the test of time. Just having a decent HTML5 score does NOT mean it's the best browser on the market. It lacks in so many ways compared to the other browsers out there and has dozens of rendering issues for newer technology. It's *alright* at best. It had it's peak but it has been downhill ever since.

I swear, so many of you are just blindly accepting these things. Go actually use Chrome on a flagship Android device and tell me ONE area where the BB10 browser is better when it comes to it's core functionality of rendering websites.
    Well I can adjust the font size on my BB10 phone for most websites. I can not do that with Safari or Chrome on my iPhone. Big deal for me. Text reflow would be a better option.

Edit : managed to get Chrome installed on Z10 but font not as good as mentioned and was slower than stock browser. Perhaps not enough horsepower.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-03-15 at 05:21 PM.
    extisis and pat-wallace like this.
    10-03-15 05:57 AM
    Guys, come on. The design is horrendous. It's not modernist, it's not minimalist, it's just bad. The stretched, poor quality and irrelevant photo used for the Passport banner is awful, the composition is even worse and the typeface isn't worth mentioning. It's like an intern with no design knowledge knocked it up in two minutes.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 09:44 AM

I agree here,.. even Chrome running on the Passport seems to handle things better (except for scrolling with the touch sensitive keyboard). I have a web-based tool with a slide out side menu (typical) animated using velocity js, and the BB10 browser stutters as soon as there is any content on the 'main' page. Chrome on the other hand renders it smoothly.

And don't even bother talking about any sort of text entry into anything other than a login box.

Posted via CB10
    abass and pat-wallace like this.
    10-03-15 10:19 AM
    I agree here,.. even Chrome running on the Passport seems to handle things better (except for scrolling with the touch sensitive keyboard). I have a web-based tool with a slide out side menu (typical) animated using velocity js, and the BB10 browser stutters as soon as there is any content on the 'main' page. Chrome on the other hand renders it smoothly.

And don't even bother talking about any sort of text entry into anything other than a login box.

Posted via CB10
    This! Oh how horrible it is writing comments in Disqus and such. I actually open up my HUB, write a message, then copy and paste it into Disqus because the BB10 browser is brought to it's knees in that scenario. I'm just sick of people blindly stating that the BB10 browser is the best, or even "great", because it simply isn't anymore. There's no reason to defend all of this stuff to death anymore, BlackBerry KNOWS that they are lacking in various areas on BB10 and that's why they are trying out Android. They have completely neglected the browser, it's tied into OS updates (which is a TERRIBLE way to go about doing it) and they aren't even updating it whereas Chrome (beta) gets updates nearly daily on Android.
    10-03-15 04:14 PM
    Very grim, funeral-like font choices. The text looks like it should be saying " In Memorium".
    "Grim, funeral-like font choices." You took the words right out of my mouth. I personally find the font being used to market the Priv has a cold, uninviting visual feel to it, so much so that I think people are going to not only ignore the ads for Priv, but avoid looking at them in the first place.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-05-15 07:27 PM
    10-08-15 11:04 AM
117 ... 345