08-17-08 10:54 PM
68 123
tools
    I don't think it's big deal... but I did decide to share by request after talking on here for a while. lol
    03-12-08 05:59 PM
    something about this just rubs me the wrong way. I barely enjoy talking to the people who have my in irl. what do ya'll discuss? the weather?

I agree with the gemini comment--we are all cool people.
    03-12-08 08:37 PM
    Working nights is a con. I don't have anyone that I chat with anymore because I'm asleep while others work.
    When I used to do IRC chat subjects varied widely, sometimes mundane, sometimes strange, sometimes interesting.
    Given that I'm 43 I limit the people that I will txt or chat with to those over 21. Even then I just don't have much in common with younger people that have bar hopping as their main hobby.
    03-12-08 09:09 PM
    well. I am going to dig up this old thread because I just found it, I personally like the idea of talking to people from around the world/country....as long as they are normal and can carry a conversation I am cool with it!
    04-14-08 09:33 PM
    When I got my first BB I was all about trying to make new friends and added Pins from the 'What's Your Pin" request. I had some declines which is fine. That just means I won't bother them again. However, from that thread I met some really cool people. I'm at a point now where I would love to make more Pin friends but I'm a little picky now. That just means I'm not going through random threads anymore and adding just anyone. I got a new BB today which means I have a new pin now and I personally sent request to those I got to know and are cool to chat with. It's better if I know my BB buddies a little better and can have conversations with them. I am always looking to add more cool people to chat with. It would be cool to chat with someone who is also from Chicago.
    04-14-08 10:12 PM
    I share my pin. The friends I made are pretty cool. I guess its kind of like any social activity you can meet some pretty cool people or some a-holes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 08:40 PM
    I used to have my pin on my profile but one unsavory character made me take it off. The contacts I have now on my BB are cool people.

08-16-08 03:32 AM
    I used to have my pin on my profile but one unsavory character made me take it off. The contacts I have now on my BB are cool people.

Same with me. I had my pin in my profile until I accepted a request on BBM from someone that wasn't too nice.
    08-16-08 04:00 AM
    I have only used bbm a couple of times. If I want to bbm someone on my contact list but their icon says they are unavailable and I send the message anyway to they still get the alert or will it wait until they become available again?

08-16-08 08:14 AM
    I have only used bbm a couple of times. If I want to bbm someone on my contact list but their icon says they are unavailable and I send the message anyway to they still get the alert or will it wait until they become available again?

The message comes through even if you have your status as unavailable -at least it does for me on my Curve with ATT.
    08-16-08 08:22 AM
    i dont share my pin with anyone i dont already know in real life.
    08-16-08 08:47 AM
    just be sure to use bbm etiquette esp if you dont know who you are talking to......for all you pervs, lol.
    08-16-08 12:49 PM
    Personally I can't see sharing on the internet (no offense to CB). I am a new BB user and currently don't have that many friends who have BB's. Actually only 2 people that i can think off the top of my head so I might eventually exchange PIN's with them.
    08-17-08 09:21 AM
    I tried exchanging pins over CB but it just lead to lots of boring and empty convos...

08-17-08 11:26 AM
    I have a great time sharing my PIN I have it in my signature of my emails. I've gotten most of my coworkers to set it up. We have a great time with it, we love the group chat.
    08-17-08 10:03 PM
    LOL I dont have mine posted on here bc Im not really interested in having conversations with random people that I dont know. ON the other side, I talk to one person I met on here on BBM and he is actually pretty cool and laid back so I guess it can go both ways. I just dont really want every Tom, **** and Harry asking for it when Im sure they dont always have the greatest of intentions. Its one thing if you just want to chat another thing if you think this is eHarmony
    08-17-08 10:22 PM
    I've gotten to the point where now I'm iffy on who I want with my pin number. I deleted this one guy because he started off cool then all of a sudden he just wanted to see pics. He wouldn't converse for days and then would out of the blue message me wanting to see pics. It got very annoying. The people I have on my list now are all cool and we chat regularly. Pervs and space takers irk me.
    08-17-08 10:42 PM
    I only give my PIN to a select few people who I've had conversations with already on CB and through PM. It we have something in common and they seem cool I'll give them my PIN. I never give it out to anyone I haven't had prior conversations with. I only have people on BBM who I actually talk to on a regular basis.
    08-17-08 10:54 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD