08-17-08 10:54 PM
68 123
tools
    Some people are really cool and stay that way. Some are really cool then get annoying and ignore when you're unavailable and continue to send messages. Then some people change so you ignore them completely, then lose interest and just delete them. Then they send you a PM asking why they got deleted. I used to share but now I honestly think I'm jaded. Are there any cool, laid back, honest, easy going normal people with RIM devices out there?

More than a few. Ignore the negative people....and accentuate the positive ones. My glass is always half full
    03-06-08 12:09 AM
    I give out by BlackBerry's email address, too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 02:03 AM
    I'm normal - honest...

03-06-08 02:04 AM
    LOL, thanks guys for making me feel less of an evil person for thinking the way I did/do. I guess some of yall are cool after all
    03-06-08 08:52 AM
    Some people are really cool and stay that way. Some are really cool then get annoying and ignore when you're unavailable and continue to send messages. Then some people change so you ignore them completely, then lose interest and just delete them. Then they send you a PM asking why they got deleted. I used to share but now I honestly think I'm jaded. Are there any cool, laid back, honest, easy going normal people with RIM devices out there?
    Im sure not one of them at 60! Thanks for the insight into that world. Im typically not a very chatty type(warm heart though, honest) and find texting a pain, chatting totally inconvenient. But,, email is an outstanding thing to this old guy. Both sender and recipient cant deal with the info on their schedule without intruding. Though with this new bb and email on my hip, hmmmm.
    03-06-08 08:57 AM
    I don't see chatting and email being that different really. Chatting is just a little more fast paced.

03-06-08 09:19 AM
    I don't see chatting and email being that different really. Chatting is just a little more fast paced.

True, however, I live on a pc, so I compose and send my emails via the pc keyboard and receive and read off my phone. Thumb typing takes to long for me. Adult Attention Deficit!
    03-06-08 09:25 AM
    BTW, after getting a taste of the bb messenger, if anyone wants to chit-chat or what ever, just hit me up... I'm kind of "cracking" for it
    03-06-08 11:39 PM
    TO Answer your Question ........Every Single Gemeni That Has One! baaaaaybay!!!! holla!
    03-06-08 11:52 PM
    I don't think i've used the pin message function, plus, I think i blocked it when i blocked the sms/mms messages as well.
    03-07-08 07:06 AM
    I don't mind sharing but then certain things **** me off...

Like people that send me a message and I reply and then nothing... It's like why even waste my time?

Or people who decide they're gonna try to hook up with you. I really don't get that one. I love talking to cool people but good conversation is hard to find.

Also why don't I get other girls requesting me? Just guys lol.

03-07-08 08:03 AM
    eh, im new to the whole bb messenger thing for the most part. havent really had any cons yet *crosses fingers*
    03-07-08 09:34 AM
    yeah, the people that are trying to hook up with you is definitely a con...but the delete key is so useful in those situations.
    03-07-08 05:21 PM
    And after you delete them, they send you a pin message, asking why they got deleted. Too many psycho's out there, it's like "ummm....you kept asking for pics and wanting to hook up"

Not that you need to give them an explanation.
    03-07-08 07:47 PM
    I'm starting to get the ones where they send you messages even when you're unavailable.

WTF?!?

Unavailable means I am NOT AVAILABLE.

Sorry... had to vent for a second. I'm okay now.
    03-07-08 08:44 PM
    TO Answer your Question ........Every Single Gemeni That Has One! baaaaaybay!!!! holla!
    thats so true!

I'm a Gemini
    03-07-08 09:52 PM
    I've had people message me when unavailable, but most times I had forgotten to turn it back. If I am busy, however, I let them know and it's all good.

03-07-08 10:31 PM
    I don't mind sharing my pin because it would be great to chat with different people from all places.

However, a little etiquette would be great. 'Unavailable' means I'm busy and don't want to talk. Why ping me again and again? Some people just don't get it.

To normal people out there, if you would like to have an additional friend from Malaysia (kinda rare here... Haha), my PIN is shown. Would love to have an extra friend.

03-08-08 09:21 AM
    I don't mind giving out my pin. I don't have any friends with a berry, so I have to make some instead! Message away!
    03-08-08 01:37 PM
    I can vouch for otacon! Very nice to chat with

03-08-08 01:51 PM
    Pin Away, Pin Away !

24414712 Woo-hoo !
    03-08-08 02:07 PM
    I have to admit that I have a problem sending requests to the large majority of people on here because of the age difference. Call me crazy but it just doesn't feel right for me when I try and chat with most of the younger members on here when the only obvious thing we have in common is a love of our BB's.

The funny thing is that when I was in my 30's and not married, I was heavily involved with the Yahoo chat rooms and ICQ and I didn't care who I talked with. It was all about having as many chat friends from as many different places as possible.

Is it just me?
    03-10-08 11:42 AM
    i havent seen any cons yet. the people that chat with me seems to be real chill
    03-10-08 06:14 PM
    So far I have not had any issues yet with it, but I have only had mine for about a week now! And like a lot of others, I don't really know any others with BBs. Who knows maybe after a month I will feel different.
    03-10-08 06:24 PM
    I'm a pretty normal person that owns a BB. 244AEC57. Add me if you'd like.

03-12-08 05:55 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD