Lulemon!? I bet it's only known to Canadians. Never heard of it. Have no idea what they even about. And I strongly doubt they are popular than blackberry
    Lululamon became very popular with the trend of yoga pants in North America. They don't worth anything like BlackBerry but they are a very known brand in the textile industry and sporting industry.
    The biggest Canadian company afaik would be The Hudson bay. Which is also the oldest company in America ( 400 + yo)

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:10 PM
    How about some good old school trade protectionism? Slap a 100% tax on all foreign made phones?
    I will burn my birthday certificate if that ever happen ! Listen, if ever a penny from the 420$ I give every week in tax income goes to blackberry, I am organizing a riot the same day while I'm waiting for a transfer from to the head office my employer, in the usa. There is no way this can be accepted !

Nvm NOTAFANBOY I just understood your sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-22-13 03:19 PM
    Hold on....you were being sarcastic right ?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:19 PM
    SNC

Posted via CB10
    Snc lavalin? You pronounced MAFIA Wrong buddy, I don't want people to know they are Canadians....

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:20 PM
    I don't want the government to spend my tax money on BlackBerry. I want them to survive and I will do that by spending my money on BlackBerry not asking my government to bail them out. If people didn't want to support BlackBerry by buying their products then they would absolutely despise their government for using taxes to bail them out. Sorry not governments fault.
    09-22-13 04:21 PM
    And as for why the Canadian government doesn't buy more BB10 handsets, the answer is simple: They responsible to the taxpayers, and don't want to spend money on handsets they don't need. They're holding on to their legacy BB7 devices exactly for the same reason why private companies are doing that. Nobody knows if Blackberry will be around in a year or two, so buying a BB10 phone is a risky proposition.
    Well there were older models before the os7 devices came up. Why didn't they hold onto that till date. What you saying makes no sense. A new product is only out because, they needed something much better than the bb7's. Catch up. It's a tech world we live in now.
    09-23-13 12:22 AM
    NEWSFLASH!

Most of the BB handset that the federal government uses, are older BBOS6 and even BBOS5 handsets. (Same goes for many private companies)

Why replace them if they work, and still get the job done?

The Feds also have quite a few BBOS7 handsets, but they're compatible with the old BES servers they run, so they can coexist with the older handsets.

BB10 isn't compatible, so switching over to BB10 would be a sizable investment, that's not necessary and which comes with huge risk (of BBRY not being around in a year or two).

So the reason the Canadian government doesn't buy more BB10 phones? Respect for taxpayers money, and sensible, cautious IT management.
    09-23-13 12:43 AM
    Folk want freedom from government but when hard times hits because of your own personal judgment you want the government to bail you out. Lol blackberry is yes at fault for years of bad judgment, but I like their strategy, if the company has to close it should be on their own accord not because the government had to cut funding

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    09-23-13 07:29 AM
    Don't worry, after that inventory write down, you'll be able to have both soon. And cheap!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:52 AM
84 ... 234