View Poll Results: Do you use your BlackBerry while driving?

Voters
741. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never! Driving and BlackBerrying don't mix

96 12.96%
  • Only at stoplights

98 13.23%
  • I talk on the phone while driving

277 37.38%
  • I email/text/message people while driving

94 12.69%
  • I do whatever I want

176 23.75%
    Nope what are we Canadian?
    12-13-07 08:01 PM
    I do text and check my email while driving. I am not to smart, it should not be done, not very safe, but as just talking on it, no the government should not outlaw the use of cell phones.

My excuse for text while driving is that i don't get good signal at home, so I have to keep up with things when I can. My wife just says i am an adtic..
    12-13-07 08:32 PM
    I use my BB for talking while driving. I have been known to text while driving but also I know it was a dumb thing to do. With out a doubt the gov should implement hands free while driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 08:48 PM
    Heck no....that BB discrimination!
    12-13-07 09:02 PM
    The AllState commercials about distractions from driving are realistic enough to keep my from doing anything while driving. Anyway, New York State bans the use of hand-held phones while driving, so I'm not going to take a chance when I get my permit (and eventually license).

To be specific, I think government bans on communicating digitally while driving is a great idea.
    12-13-07 09:18 PM
    it's already mandatory to be hands-free where i live.
    12-13-07 11:17 PM
    I'm somewhat torn on this one. I don't think people should talk on the phone while driving unless they are using a headset. However I don't think we should make a law for it. I'm a libertarian, so the less government the better as far as I'm concerned!
    12-13-07 11:53 PM
    I know I shouldn't, and I do think it should be outlawed, but sometimes I just cant help it.
    12-14-07 10:08 AM
    I don't think it should be illegal (people should exercise good judgement though!). I see people putting on make-up, driving with their knees, reading novels and sometimes doing worse!! I think we should focus on enforcing the driving laws in place before we add more.
    12-14-07 10:59 AM
    Personally I believe so, unless it's for emergency reasons only...some people just can't multi-task while driving, and they need all their brain cells for driving!
    12-14-07 03:41 PM
    no, they shouldnt. i use a headset and im getting the voice to text software.
    12-14-07 05:10 PM
    I use a bluetooth headset when I'm driving. I hate to say it since I don't like rules, but I believe they sure have a law about driving and using your phone. I think it should have to be handsfree. Too many people can not drive and talk on a phone. It gets scary sometimes watching people all over the road only to get next to them and they are on the phone!!!
    12-15-07 12:23 AM
    Seriously, I thought it was already illegal (& might be in GA-where I live).

Yes, if it's not already-it should be UNLESS you're using handsfree.
    12-15-07 10:30 AM
    yes! requiring handsfree equipment for voice calls! no handsfree, no distractions!
    12-15-07 03:28 PM
    NO I don't drive but heck NO! if you have an issue with it its a personal problem!
    12-15-07 04:33 PM
    I think we should have the right to use them where and when we want as long as we are being responsible, driving included.
    12-15-07 04:41 PM
    Although I am guilty of talking w/o a handsfree device, I think that handsfree use should be mandatory if you are driving and using a cell or BB. Texting, emailing, etc. should be illegal while driving.
    Last edited by Taegus; 12-15-07 at 07:54 PM.
    12-15-07 07:48 PM
    I use voice only with my BlackBerry while I'm driving. That alone is pretty much dangerous enough...but data/email/text use while driving is insane!!
    12-15-07 08:32 PM
    ill text, but only to the point that at a stoplight i select the name and dont look at what im typing...once or twice ill be off center of the keyboard and get a wtf reply...
    12-15-07 09:01 PM
    This is a difficult question, because there are so many people that abuse it.

I have no problem making short conversations on the phone or asking someone for directions. But, in general, I don't make calls or answer calls when in heavy traffic.

I once rode with my boss when he was having a heated cell phone discussion with a client ... I was trying to navigate and he kept missing turns because he couldn't concentrate on my directions and the phone conversation at the same time. ... I'm glad he was using speakerphone.
    12-15-07 09:59 PM
    I'm still a student driver...
    12-16-07 12:05 AM
    You should be able to Talk while using a headset ...but texting NO WAY I have almost been hit numerous times by texters...OUCH
    12-16-07 12:17 AM
    Not until we can compose emails, texts, open programs, make calls, add calendar items, add contacts, etc. via voice.
    12-16-07 07:21 AM
    I think there should be restrictions on usage, for sure. Handsfree for cell phone and NO text messaging.
    12-16-07 07:38 AM
    No, the government has no place. If you get into trouble because of your use of a device, then it is your fault and you are liable for that. No reason to make additional legislation.
    12-16-07 08:20 AM
724 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD