hi.
    there is no option for setting up a new email account on BB bold 9000? what is the solution please?
    02-05-11 02:13 PM
    Press the menu button and select "Show All".

There should be an icon labeled "Email Setup".

Otherwise, create an account on your carrier BIS site and then add the account there.

All of this assumes, of course, that you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    02-05-11 02:30 PM
    hi again. it is a second hand BB.i have no idea about data plan. what am I supposed to do in this case?
    Thanx a lot for your concern.
    02-05-11 03:58 PM
    Contact your carrier and request BlackBerry Internet Service be enabled on your account. The BIS service is usually packaged with a data plan of several Mb.

Once the plan is active, you will be able to use the Email Setup app on the BlackBerry.
    02-05-11 06:19 PM
    hi again. it is a second hand BB.i have no idea about data plan. what am I supposed to do in this case?
    Thanx a lot for your concern.
    That happened to me before.

Call your carrier or set up a new account @ your carrier page which is normally carrierexample.blackberry.com, the one from AT&T is https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Your carrier set up your account in those sites. You have to create your account in the site and have activated your BIS data plan.

As a second hand blackberry I recommend you to CALL first for them to check your IMEI or PIN and tell you if it already registered or if is marked as stolen. And then contract the data plan.
    02-05-11 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD