what exactly would i need to do this, their are a few blackberries in the family and i would like to create way for us to be able to sync everything wirelessly. so i'm looking into setting up my own bes server

so please bring all the helpfull info you guys have.
    04-29-08 04:56 PM
    First off a few thousand dollars.

Just wait for Unite to come out...BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!
    04-29-08 05:06 PM
    when is blackberry unite, suppose to be released.
    04-29-08 05:12 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server | Integrate Enterprise Applications, Data & Wireless Communication

BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Use the BlackBerry� Enterprise Solution as a complete wireless platform to extend the benefits of your messaging and collaboration environment and other tools to your mobile professionals. The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution provides push-based access to email; calendar, contacts, tasks and notes; instant messaging; web-based applications and services and enterprise applications.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software v4.1, Service Pack 5 for Microsoft� Exchange
    Includes 1 user license $2,999/server

Additional BlackBerry Enterprise Server Client Access Licenses*
    1 user $99/license
    5 users $429/pack
    10 users $699/pack
    That is just the BlackBerry software. You will need a server running Exchage or similar high end email.
    04-29-08 05:15 PM
    Knowbody knows I have heard when O.S. 4.5 is released.
    04-29-08 05:15 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server | Integrate Enterprise Applications, Data & Wireless Communication

That is just the BlackBerry software. You will need a server running Exchage or similar high end email.
    damn.......
    04-29-08 05:20 PM

Just wait for Unite to come out...
    If he wants to run Enterprise Server, yes. He can run the free version called Blackberry Professional. Each Blackberry is eligable for one free license (hxxp://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/professional/#tab_tab_pricing). He can purchase additional licenses as well.

I know, I have it running at my house. This is of course assuming he has an Exchange or Domino server running already.
    04-30-08 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry� Professional Software is based on best-in-class BlackBerry� software—but with simplified features that are relevant to your business. You enjoy the same advantages in productivity, management and security, in a package that can be installed on your existing email server and is priced right for you.

Bundles
    BlackBerry Professional Software is available in two convenient bundles to get you started. Prices below are subject to change and are the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Your service provider may sell for less.

BlackBerry Professional Software – 5 users $499 USD (MSRP)
    BlackBerry Professional Software – 10 users $849 USD (MSRP)
    Excellent, within the reach of much smaller enterprise.
    04-30-08 01:55 PM

Just wait for Unite to come out...
    This isn't true. BES is available for at no charge as a single user license and one copy can be downloaded for each BBerry owned.

MS Exchange server...well you can pay for it or find it at no cost by alternative means.

The one unknown (for me) is whether you can do this using a BIS plan from your service provider or whether you need to have a more expensive BES data plan.

I'd like to know if you pulled this off as I am looking to create the exact same setup as described by muu.
    06-09-08 10:29 PM
    This isn't true. BES is available for at no charge as a single user license and one copy can be downloaded for each BBerry owned.

MS Exchange server...well you can pay for it or find it at no cost by alternative means.

The one unknown (for me) is whether you can do this using a BIS plan from your service provider or whether you need to have a more expensive BES data plan.

I'd like to know if you pulled this off as I am looking to create the exact same setup as described by muu.
    Old thread but I just saw your post -- the answer to your question is no. You need to have the BES data plan.

I have an Exchange/BES environment running 3 phones at hme and they all have the BES plan.
    10-13-08 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD