This idea just popped into my head today, is there any way to set your email to auto erase messages like you can for sms?
    07-28-10 12:35 PM
    This idea just popped into my head today, is there any way to set your email to auto erase messages like you can for sms?
    Nozzles,

What about the following in your browser:

Options>General Options>....Days To Keep Messages...

I think 15 days is the shortest default, but it would be nice if you could change it to something on a shorter time interval...
    07-28-10 12:39 PM
    In Messages / Options / General Options, there is "Keep Messages." Choices are 15 days to Forever. I've never tried less than Forever, and I'm a BES user, so my results might not be typical for BIS users.
    07-28-10 12:40 PM
    Nozzles,

What about the following in your browser:

Options>General Options>....Days To Keep Messages...

I think 15 days is the shortest default, but it would be nice if you could change it to something on a shorter time interval...
    Ah thanks guys, I thought that was for just SMS/MMS
    07-28-10 12:52 PM
    Ah thanks guys, I thought that was for just SMS/MMS
    I think it applies to both emails/sms/ and mms messaging. I don't know if it really works because I still have messages on my BB that are older than 15 days, but it is a nice idea...if it actually worked.
    07-28-10 01:06 PM
    I think it applies to both emails/sms/ and mms messaging. I don't know if it really works because I still have messages on my BB that are older than 15 days, but it is a nice idea...if it actually worked.
    Thats why I asked, it doesn't seem to actually delete emails.
    07-28-10 01:08 PM
    It doesn't' work! I have messages in there from April and I have mine set to 30 days. Every now and then, I'll notice a couple older messages disappear. That feature has a mind of it's own!
    07-28-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD