Heard this on his show tonight: first day of Apple's recycling program wich let's customers trade old Andro�ds, BlackBerrys or Windows Phone for a brand new iPhone. That's right all you need to get a 600$ iPhone is an old BlackBerry and 599$... Any thoughts? To me it's only a joke and not a big deal at all but not surprised people in the US think BB is dead.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:01 AM
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure Seth uses a BlackBerry. I can't remember who the guest was on his show a couple months ago but he took some jabs from Seth about having a BlackBerry and Seth then confesses that he actually uses a BlackBerry too! The guest may have been Tim Allen but I'm not certain.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:22 AM
    Seth has mentioned 'my BlackBerry' several times on his show. Sure, he makes fun of it, but he makes fun of Apple too.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-31-15 09:41 PM
    I think he was making fun of the amount of money you get for it. Read: practically nothing

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-31-15 10:55 PM
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure Seth uses a BlackBerry.
    04-01-15 12:19 AM
    I think he was making fun of the amount of money you get for it. Read: practically nothing

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I think the joke was more on how cheap the offer is than anything else.
    04-01-15 12:40 AM
    Comedians should not make jokes...
    TgeekB and anon(2313227) like this.
    04-01-15 01:20 AM
    Seriously...who the hell is Seth Meyers?

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-01-15 01:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    He was head writer on Saturday Night Live for several years and performed on the show's "Weekend Update" segment as one of the anchors.

He left SNL to host his own late night talk show about a year ago.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-01-15 05:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I actually prefer Seth Meyers to Jimmy Fallon. Fallon tends to run away with his jokes and kinda ADHD about it. Very SNL-like which is fine on Saturdays but on a daily basis can get kinda annoying. And I am a huge SNL fan.

Posted via Classic
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-01-15 07:11 AM
    I actually prefer Seth Meyers to Jimmy Fallon. Fallon tends to run away with his jokes and kinda ADHD about it. Very SNL-like which is fine on Saturdays but on a daily basis can get kinda annoying. And I am a huge SNL fan.

Posted via Classic
    Neither of them does much for me, then again I still miss the old Tomorrow show that ran in Myers' spot.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:32 PM
    Neither of them does much for me, then again I still miss the old Tomorrow show that ran in Myers' spot.

Posted via CB10
    Have to look for that.

Posted via Classic
    04-01-15 06:33 PM
    Have to look for that.

Posted via Classic
    It's pretty old, but there were some great guests... Tomorrow (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-02-15 08:31 AM
    Since I have switched to a z30 from my q10, I could trade my q10 for a new I phone then sell it since it probably has a higher resale value ??

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Zeratul57 like this.
    04-02-15 12:32 PM
    It's pretty old, but there were some great guests... Tomorrow (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wow. Yes some great guests!

Posted via Classic
    04-02-15 03:41 PM
    That's what I call someone who thinks he is funnier than he is. It's no secret that SNL became MUCH better as soon as he left

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:23 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about what Seth has to say, his show isn't doing to well from what I hear. Lol :P

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:30 PM
    Seth did it again last night with another BlackBerry joke..smh. This time it was with secusmart and samsung. Something about the security being BlackBerry that as long as it has BlackBerry's logo on it nobody will steal it.. pathetic..

Does this guy have shares in Apple or what. I don't hear him make fun constantly about the misfortunes of any other company.

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    04-04-15 12:12 PM
    Damned comedians always making jokes. Who do they think they are?

Z30something
    04-04-15 12:23 PM
    The unfortunate aspect of comedians ragging on BlackBerry is that their humour is always tied to general popular opinion. They're just hopping on and following trends. It's no shock that BlackBerry's perception to common folk is not one in the highest esteem.

The problem here is that it does no good to the reality of things and simply adds fuel to the fire of public opinion...which is not good for BlackBerry as a company.

It wasn't that long ago when Seth was all over the BlackBerry Bold launch party back in 2008. Despite being a BlackBerry user, it's much easier to just hop on the "BlackBerry dead" bandwagon to garner laughs than to break out of the pack when you're in the public eye.

04-04-15 12:40 PM
    It wasn't that long ago when Seth was all over the BlackBerry Bold launch party back in 2008. Despite being a BlackBerry user, it's much easier to just hop on the "BlackBerry dead" bandwagon to garner laughs than to break out of the pack when you're in the public eye.
    It's kind of surprising how NBC allows a one of their personalities to bash another company like that.
    04-04-15 07:58 PM