OK, got a Verizon Curve 8330 at Walmart for $8.88, yikes, what a deal! Of course, they didn't even ask, but just put me on the $44.96 BES data plan; I had Verizon switch me back to the $29.99 BIS plan a day later.

Anyway, I have 2 problems. First, we use Outlook Express at home, 3 User Identities, each with own email. My understanding is that I need to go to Outlook to use the desktop software, and that if one user goes to Outlook (me, for the BB) then all the other users need to go Outlook as well. They don't want to, so that is a problem, I can't use the desktopn software. My daughter has a laptop, she does not set it up for email, since she just uses the ISP portal. I'm thinking that maybe I can set her PC up with Outlook and synch occasionally through that, but could I still use the Outlook Express on the desktop for primary email? Any ideas on this situation?

Also, when I try to open the Desktop Manager, I keep gettingt the message that teh PC needs to have internet access to use the program, it does have internet, so not sure what's going on there.
    05-27-09 12:08 PM
    Congratulaton on a great deal, under $10 and a reasonable priced BIS plan.

BlackBerry Desktop Software has been through a number of enhancements, including checking of update by default during the install. Run the install Wizard again, and deselect that option.

If it still giving you problems, remove it completely and download a fresh copy of Desktop Manager v4.6, English without Media Manager. That is the most reliable version for your Curve.

Outlook is just one of the email clients that work with BlackBerry and allow you to synchronize some folders. Outlook Express is a email only client, there is no Calender, Task list or Notepad.

Outlook Express works with a Post Office Protocol server. When you configure your BlackBerry for that account, it will share the email between your computer and your BlackBerry.
    05-27-09 01:23 PM
    That was a great deal on the phone congrats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD