Hi Everyone -

I have a Bold running on BES on my corporation and I'm wondering why some internet services aren't working. Gmail app and Facebook don't launch, saying I don't have network or data resources. Ubertwitter works fine, on the other hand. I can use the browser in all ways, so it's clear I do have a data plan.

I used to have a 8900 on the same plan/corp and I could install everything.

The App World store isn't downloading because it says I don't have a data plan either. I think it's just a matter of configuring something on the device, but I can't find out what. Any clues?

Thanks a million,
    JM
    01-24-10 11:13 AM
    This thread linked has some fixes in it. See if that works for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fa...policy-232220/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 11:40 AM
    Thanks. I had already done that and I did it again now. It registers well and returns a message saying the device has successfully been registered to the network. Still, Gmail and Facebook don't work.

I just noticed something weird: the WiFi logo is always dimmed, even if the handset is connected. I tried turning off the radio signal (leaving only WiFi) and the browser works fine, so it should mean the device is indeed connected to the WiFi.

I'm still puzzled about this one. It looks to me as if it's just a matter of configuring things, but how?

Thanks a lot!
    01-24-10 01:22 PM
    Is the bold an unlocked device?
    01-24-10 01:26 PM
    Are those services allowed by your admin?
    01-24-10 02:13 PM
    Hi -

Yes, the Bold is an unlocked device and the services are allowed by the admin (I had them working on my 8900 before, but it wasn't unlocked).

Thanks a lot,
    TM
    01-24-10 02:29 PM
    Sorry to insist guys, but does anyone have a clue?
    Thanks, JM
    01-26-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD