This morning I installed the new Gmail add-on for my BlackBerry bold. Doing so meant I needed to delete and then re-associate my Gmail account on my device. For one reason or another, the add-on didn't work for me (kept asking me to add an e-mail account when I already had one) and so I removed the application.

I've just been on the phone with my customer services O2-UK as now I can't send/receive e-mails on my device. Also the service books won't arrive. I've tried deleting my current Gmail account service book but no help. I have the e-mail folder on my home-screen but it's dud and won't work. We did a full wipe and restore, resent the host routing table, etc.

Any ideas? They want me to send my device to RIM as faulty but it simply isn't. My theory is that the service books just aren't arriving to my device because I also registered my hotmail just now and it's never arrived as an e-mail folder yet.
    08-23-09 07:17 AM
    Nothing concerning email is going to arrive until your service books go thru. Have you tried sending from your carriers RIM BIS site?

forkup
    08-23-09 12:03 PM
    do you have an envelope with a gear on it? go in there, log in and request service books. If you dont, like forkup said do you have a bis site that you can access from your computer? if you do log into that and request service books, also go into options > advanced options > host routing table > and register.
    08-23-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD