I can't see that track pad being harder to incorporate than writing software to use the whole keyboard as a track pad. After all the track pad is just a mini screen. It should be the same as using one Z10 to remote navigate another

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 02:34 PM
    You're missing my point though. When the media and public go bonkers about an Apple event it's not about Apple marketing that event, but because of people's expectations towards Apple based on prior success and products. That was my point. So when the media and public lose their minds about an Apple event and covering it even before it started and you saying "Yeah Apple really knows how to market" you're pretty much kidding yourself. That's got nothing to do with a reality-free bubble I live in.

Posted via CB10
    Surely all smart marketing builds on prior perception of the brand? Perception that has been carefully built up by careful marketing and hard work over the years.

In Apple's case, they have an easier task now because of how well previous iPhone launches have gone, and how successful they've been in providing products millions of people want to buy. They continue to build on an already positive perception to guide buyers in a direction they're already likely to be heading. However, it took work for Apple to get to where they now are.

In BlackBerry's case, that prior perception works against them. Most of the narrative over the last year or so has been of a company struggling to not go under, unclear product targeting (are BB enterprise or consumer focused?), with a split range of no-longer popular BBOS phones and ageing range of "new" phones with a (very slowly) evolving OS, moreover devices that rely heavily on a rival platform's ecosystem to provide the "must have" Apps. Marketeers must shake their heads in despair at how to position products and marketing as the BB "brand" is all over the place.

I don't actually own an iPhone (I can't find my 3GS) and I'm not looking to buy an iPhone6, so I'm hardly an iSheep. That said, me and IMO the majority of the 180M or so people who *will* buy an iPhone this year, really *do* think that Apple knows how to launch and market products.

Apple's continued success tends to support that view.
    09-16-14 02:52 PM
    I can't see that track pad being harder to incorporate than writing software to use the whole keyboard as a track pad. After all the track pad is just a mini screen. It should be the same as using one Z10 to remote navigate another

Posted via CB10
    I am curious. How much software have you written, especially and OS. Thanks
    09-16-14 03:30 PM
78 ... 234