Just when I was going to make the big move from my Treo to the Storm in December the reviews seemed a bit mediocre. Now knowing about the 9520 release of course I would like to hold off again. What to do. I hardly use my Treo because it is so big but I am getting desperate to be more available. Caught in the middle. If there was an upgrade policy and an easy way to transfer the information from the 9530 it would be a no brainer. Help! 5 months is a long time to wait with my TREO.
    04-16-09 03:26 PM
    Just when I was going to make the big move from my Treo to the Storm in December the reviews seemed a bit mediocre. Now knowing about the 9520 release of course I would like to hold off again. What to do. I hardly use my Treo because it is so big but I am getting desperate to be more available. Caught in the middle. If there was an upgrade policy and an easy way to transfer the information from the 9530 it would be a no brainer. Help! 5 months is a long time to wait with my TREO.
    You can easily convince Verizon to push your upgrade date.
    04-16-09 03:31 PM
    Eh, it'll be here before ya know it!
    04-16-09 03:31 PM
    If you can't wait, look for a used BB and save your upgrade for the 9630. That way you can start learning the BB OS right away and hit the ground running when you get the 9630.
    04-16-09 03:36 PM
    I had to lug my old cell phone around for eight or so months before I finally qualified for a hardware upgrade (I couldn't afford my BB otherwise). The wait will go by faster than you think!
    04-16-09 04:18 PM
    Hey, look! Something shiny!

Lol, don't look for long, the time passes so fast, it's hard to believe we're fast approaching May, already.

I can understand your plight. Working on a Treo is about as much fun as rectal dentistry, but it can be done.

You could always purchase a used unit and save your upgrade for time. Or sell the Treo, buy a decent used one, then sell it again after you get your new device. Just floating a possible pacifier until Sept.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-16-09 at 04:49 PM.
    04-16-09 04:44 PM
    You can always get a used curve for cheep. I believe I have one lying around that I would be willing to let go. Just look around people are selling used ones all the time.

04-16-09 04:59 PM
    So you are already renewable now, but you're basically waiting for the right device? Do you have more than one line on your plan? Like I've said before...there will always be a new phone coming out. There will always be a new OS released and whatnot. Phones have glitches. For every 5 ppl who may experience a glitch, you'll most likely run into 5 others who have not.

If you really liked the Storm initially and have had a chance to play with it, go for it. Even if you get the Storm and hate it, you do have 30 days to return it back and at the point, you could wait for the 9630.
    04-16-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD