I have a Curve 8320 for work. I get my BES email sent into the "Messages" folder on BB. I was using the Gmail app to get my personal email, but decided to set up my Gmail account directly on my BB. Now, I get messages from both accounts into my "Messages" folder and I get the Gmail messages into another folder "[email protected]".

Is there a way to get my BES messages into another folder as well so that I can easily tell where my messages are coming from? Or a way to color code the messages within the same folder so that I can differentiate them? Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-03-09 12:37 PM
    I'm not familiar with BES but on the menu screen click the menu button and show all. That way if there's a hidden icon for the BES work mail you'll be able to unhide it.

If there is really no separate icon then the standard blackberry software won't allow you to do this as messages is just a display all folder for all the emails on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 01:05 PM
    I have a Curve 8320 for work. I get my BES email sent into the "Messages" folder on BB. I was using the Gmail app to get my personal email, but decided to set up my Gmail account directly on my BB. Now, I get messages from both accounts into my "Messages" folder and I get the Gmail messages into another folder "[email protected]".

Is there a way to get my BES messages into another folder as well so that I can easily tell where my messages are coming from? Or a way to color code the messages within the same folder so that I can differentiate them? Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!
    By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

Here is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox

You can color-code messages, but I almost guarantee you will not like the result. Go to Options / Security Options / General Settings / Message Outline Colours and pick a color for Enterprise or Other messages, or both. Here's an example, so the non-BES users can see what I'm talking about.

07-03-09 03:09 PM
    This is the exact option that I was looking for but couldn't find. It would be nice if the color was highlighted in the main message screen, but I will settle for it being highlighted around the edges of the open message.

Weird that your screen shows up with a stripped background, mine just highlights around the message. Wish I knew how to do a "print screen" so I could show you what mine looks like.

Thanks again!
    07-03-09 03:31 PM
    Thank you for the update. I took that screen shot when I was using OS 4.2. I have since upgraded to OS 4.5. I hadn't bothered to check the color coding again until reading your note. Mine works like yours does now: with a border around the edge of the open message. Definitely an improvement!

If you are running OS 4.5, an easy way to take screen shots is to use CaptureIt. It's free and available for download from a thread in the forums. Just search for CaptureIt.
    07-03-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD