Not sure if this is a hardware issue or a BBID issue but I need to know if there are other people who are also going through this mess. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue on my own for the past week, I feel that I can conclude that it maybe a little of both. For almost a year and a half, I was using the Passport OG and I never had an issue sending out messages to my wife's BBM(SG7) until late Thursday evening. The issue is that whenever I send a message, I would get a grey check mark (no Ds or Rs supposedly this means that the message is trying to reach the server) and whenever my wife sends me a message, I see her message but I can't respond back. This was frustrating so I was running through some scenarios on where the problem could be. First, I backed up and reinstalled my OS to see if that would fix the problem. Then, I tested BBM without reinstalling my backup to factor in whether I had any corrupt backup data. Second, I had my wife uninstall and re-reinstall her BBM (SG&). In both cases, it didn't work. However, I tested my other BBID from my old BB10 device and signed into my Passport OG and had no issues sending out message to my wife's BBM (SG7). (D/R marks finally show up!) So, this was a great discovery, right? But here comes another wrinkle. A few weeks earlier, I bought myself the Passport SE as a present. I figure this maybe a good time to test if the hardware could be factor. When I logged my BBID into the Passport SE (sans my old backup data), I had no issues sending out BBM messages to my wife's BBM(SG7) again. So, what could be the matter? I figure as long as I can send messages out of the Passport SE everything should be fine and just forget about the Passport OG. However, today until I started to test sending out BBM messages to and from my wife's iPad and for some reason, the same issue happens. I am still getting grey check marks and but I can send messages to myself from the iPad with no issues. It is like there is a firewall that is blocking me from sending message out to other devices. First time, it was the OG not working with the SG7. This time, SE not working with the iPad. Coincidentally, I started to noticed a few iOS users that I was sending test messages out with grey checkmarks. But not all iOS users were having grey checkmarks since there was a D. Similarly, I tried the same scenario with uninstalling the BBM on the iPad and it still made no difference. I even re-registered my Blackberry services on Settings - About - Network. Nothing. I am thinking of another test which would be transferring the BBID into another another BBID thinking how it worked when I started to use my old BBID on the Passport OG. But I really don't want to start switching BBID's around unless I have no other options. I did look up Crackberry to see if there was no threads similar but the closest I've seen were "certain BBM contacts that couldn't be reached". Well, I have the luxury of testing multiple Passports and multiple BBIDs. So far, I feel like I am losing more BBM contacts using the Passport SE that the Passport OG. Switching back to the Passport OG would be the next test along with switching my old BBID into another brand new BBID as well. Another factor to consider, are there issues with the BBM server that we aren't aware of? Seems odd that messages are switching off sporadically when trying to send out of the BB10 devices but not the other way around. It has almost been a week and I still feel that BBM on the Passport SE is only able to send message to half of my contacts. Seeing problems sending a test message to the BBM on the iPad on hand leads me to believe something odd is going on.
    12-28-16 04:40 PM
    Use WhatsApp for reliability and guarantee of receipt.

For everything else theres BbM.
    12-28-16 08:22 PM
    This does seem like a firewall issue. Did you try over different networks, mobile or wifi? I would turn off wifi and try it, then turn off mobile and try it (ie. One one or the other). The only time I've experienced an issue is on my wifi when I set up a filter on my router, that was not suppose to block bbm but somehow did (and Xbox LIVE too, not sure why).

As for the comment about BBM not being reliable, I have never experienced any issues in years of using it, and even transferred devices without losing contacts, which is more than what I can say about WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 10:30 AM
    This does seem like a firewall issue. Did you try over different networks, mobile or wifi? I would turn off wifi and try it, then turn off mobile and try it (ie. One one or the other). The only time I've experienced an issue is on my wifi when I set up a filter on my router, that was not suppose to block bbm but somehow did (and Xbox LIVE too, not sure why).

As for the comment about BBM not being reliable, I have never experienced any issues in years of using it, and even transferred devices without losing contacts, which is more than what I can say about WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    Hi. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I did switch between the wi-fi or mobile and nothing seem to help. As far as different networks are concern, I had no issues with sending messages to my ipad from either BBM on Z10 (wifi only), BBM on Q10(AT&T) and BBM on Priv (VZW). I would have thought it may have something to do with T-Mobile but I did take out the mobile signal for wi-fi only and it still didn't work. I am wondering if I should start from scratch with a new BBID then.
    12-29-16 12:25 PM
    So you have narrowed it down to the device then? Or the carrier? It might be worth trying the T-mo sim on a device you have no issues with. It does seem odd that you see the same thing on wifi only, however I wonder if they way it gets configured for use with T+mo might be the issue? Might be worth a shot.

So in a nutshell, see if you can narrow it down to either something with the T-mobile setup (ie. T-mobile sim in working device, configured with the same network settings), then just the device (ie. Put the At&t sim in the non-working device). I'm not sure how the sim might affect this but perhaps how the device is configured (apn settings, etc) plays a role with how bbm behaves?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 08:38 PM
    Make sue to enable" allow calls from network" in the BBM settings and the others do too.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 01:14 PM
    So you have narrowed it down to the device then? Or the carrier? It might be worth trying the T-mo sim on a device you have no issues with. It does seem odd that you see the same thing on wifi only, however I wonder if they way it gets configured for use with T+mo might be the issue? Might be worth a shot.

So in a nutshell, see if you can narrow it down to either something with the T-mobile setup (ie. T-mobile sim in working device, configured with the same network settings), then just the device (ie. Put the At&t sim in the non-working device). I'm not sure how the sim might affect this but perhaps how the device is configured (apn settings, etc) plays a role with how bbm behaves?

Posted via CB10
    Ok. After serveral days of troubleshooting and testing out different scenarios. I narrowed it down to the way BBM behaves when I insert the SIM card in. I even purchased an AT&T sim to test out and the results were the same. I am able to send BBM messages to both my wife's SG7 and iPad on both devices and everything was working fine as long as it is on wi-fi only. For some reason, just toggling the mobile network off wasn't enough. I could switch between one device and another to save time on wiping out the devices. So each time, BBM restored on each device depending on it was on wifi or mobile. I did another test and I switch the BBID's between the SG7 and iPad and re-inserted and swap in SIM cards(T-mobile/AT&T). For some reason, I was not able to send any messages either BBID's with this setup. But when I switch them back, the results were the same my original issue. It seems like every BBM does get reset when you swap out provider's SIM cards. So, there must be an issue with the BBM server on how it behaves with SIM on either providers for me. In order to have everything the way I want, I would have to be tether on the wi-fi. My next step to contact Blackberry tomorrow to find out if they give me some insight since I've went through as many scenarios as possible.
    01-01-17 01:32 PM
    Make sue to enable" allow calls from network" in the BBM settings and the others do too.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for advice. I've checked each BBM settings to ensure they were matching up. Toggle each option through and didn't make any difference. Wish it was that simple.
    01-01-17 01:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just realized something. When I started to look at the side of the box of each device, I noticed that each one had a different region stated next to it. My Passport OG's region is Africa and my Passport SE's region is UK. Could this be the reason why the SIM is affecting the way my BBM is configured? For the past 2 years, I have been using the Passport OG, I never had a problem until over a week ago. So what could have changed?
    01-01-17 09:34 PM
    I just realized something. When I started to look at the side of the box of each device, I noticed that each one had a different region stated next to it. My Passport OG's region is Africa and my Passport SE's region is UK. Could this be the reason why the SIM is affecting the way my BBM is configured? For the past 2 years, I have been using the Passport OG, I never had a problem until over a week ago. So what could have changed?
    For some strange reason, the problem seem to have fixed itself. This is after nearly 2 weeks of getting a grey check mark. The previous grey check marks remain static. But I just happen to test it again today and around 4 pm EST, the message went through and became a D and eventually a R. I don't believe it. Apparently, this was something out of my control. On top of that, I am getting another BB update but it isn't for the 10.3.3. It looks like a incremental update on the 10.3.2.2836. 3MB. Seems odd to get another update on the 10.3.2 at this stage. Oh well. For now, this 2 week journey is considered closed for now.
    01-04-17 04:46 PM