05-27-09 06:51 PM
30 12
tools
    Because my schedule is very unstructured due to work, I tend to email at almost all times of the day, including the early morning hours when most people should be sleeping.
    I'm gonna assume you are a smart businessman and aren't sending stupid joke emails and childish text messages at 5am and that your email communications are highly worthwhile and very valuable.

As we're set with that as a guideline, you should absolutely do what many have said and manage YOUR time to your advantage. If people need the information you are sending, it might be very timely to start their day with it and you are doing them a big favor by making sure they are armed with the best info possible.

And of course there is indeed the option anyone has to control the alert features on their phones if they wish to sleep or rise later than you.

Suggesting that you have to be responsible for the alert features on others' phones is ridiculous. What if I decide to take a nap in the middle of the day. I occasionally do exactly that. Nothing too long. 15 - 30 minutes. Are you suppose to never send me an email in the afternoon out of fear of waking me from a nap?

Also people have filter options on their emails. I have one business associate who just doesn't get the idea that I'm not interested in all of his "joke" emails. Told him 100 times I'm not interested in joke emails. Just doesn't get it. So I created a filter in Gmail that automatically filters everything he sends into the trash. Every other day I scan the trash to see if there is anything important in there. Usually there isn't. But I'm not going to be living with my BlackBerry beeping all day with the latest lame joke he wants to send out.
    05-27-09 01:38 AM
    this why silent profiles and "dont bug me for any reason" profiles and settings were invented. hahaha. email away my friend.
    05-27-09 02:53 AM
    which is why i set my BB to phone only when i go to sleep. I got colleagues working in Washingon/London/Australia, surely they will sent emails to me at odd hours. I cannot tell them to stop sending just becos i need to sleep?

lol
    05-27-09 03:24 AM
    I'm guilty of sending very early morning emails. Things need to get done; as soon as they pop in my head they go out as emails. Plus, I feel I'm doing people a service making sure they wake up for work
    05-27-09 03:17 PM
    I thought that the purpose of having a BlackBerry was to not be tied down to the office and be able to work and send emails when it is convenient for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 06:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD