Hi, just got shangmail working via Wifi.. Now I can receive emails.. but I cannot send emails cause I dont have BIS.

Any work around for this?

thanks
    12-03-09 07:45 AM
    If you don't have BIS, how are you getting emails without a BIS account? From my understanding, BIS allows for your device to poll emails from the email client server as its a service from your provider.

Perhaps you can try 3rd party apps that work over wifi.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 12-03-09 at 07:55 AM.
    12-03-09 07:53 AM
    Hi, just got shangmail working via Wifi.. Now I can receive emails.
    The problem, it seems, is how can he send email...
    12-03-09 09:16 AM
    Moving to the Wifi Forum
    12-03-09 10:21 AM
    My understanding is, unless its emails on a browser it won't work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:25 AM
    You cannot send email using the native BB email client without BIS. The reason is the native BB email client sends email using Blackberry SMTP server. It doesn't use your ISP SMTP server. So no BIS, no BB SMTP server, no SMTP server, no sending email.
    12-03-09 10:29 AM
    I can not send or receive emails via BB email client because I don't have BIS. However I send receive email the old fashioned way- through yahoomail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 11:12 AM
    Actually, yes you can send and receive push mail without BIS. The only way is thru 3rd party app. I had tiggit mail in my Bold, now i have the new Curve and i have to transfer the license to my new BB, but, it works very very VERY good. Here you have the website: tiggit mail POP3 and IMAP client for BlackBerry. It is expensive, but its a software that really works. Good luck.
    12-03-09 11:37 AM
    any other options??? i cant even use my gmail app?? im in wifi 92% of my day and can go to my gmail through the browser but would really like to notify me on my phone, other than tiggit or shangmail, also how do i download shangmail??
    12-19-09 03:50 PM
    You can send and receive email over WiFi using LogicMail, and it is free.
    12-20-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD