Hey guys, I'm trying to send my contact list and calendar from my chocolate 3 to my Storm but I can't get it to work for some reason. The Storm can send contacts TO the Chocolate, but the Chocolate can not send anything to the Storm. When I try to connect, it says "connection to VX 8560 terminated" immediately. Any suggestions?

I assume the default passkey is 0000 for both devices. Am I missing something?
    11-24-08 09:11 AM
    Its almost like the Storm has some kind of firewall that won't allow incoming transmissions. I've gone through all the settings that I can find and tried lots of different options. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
    11-24-08 10:06 AM
    Same issue here. I have a LG VX8300 and I'm trying to bluetooth my contacts to my Storm but I get a "check bluetooth status of receiving device" error on my LG. But I have no problem sending contacts from the Storm to the LG. Help!
    11-25-08 07:34 AM
    come on...someone has to know. I REALLY don't want to have to type in all my contact!!
    11-25-08 10:46 AM
    I don't know the answer to this, but I can tell you that VZW will pull and port all your contacts for you as a last resort.
    11-25-08 10:52 AM
    I tried to transfer contacts between my Storm and another BT phone and the Storm was unable to make the transfer happen. It registered the device's bluetooth, but couldn't receive information.
    11-25-08 10:57 AM
    Well, I broke down and went to the Verizon store to have them "pull and port" all my contact.

But I'm still trying to figure out why I can't transfer anything to my bb through bt.

Any thoughts??
    Last edited by SloRice; 11-26-08 at 07:27 AM.
    11-26-08 07:23 AM
    RIM says it cannot be done, period. Read their KB05343. Bummer!
    11-26-08 08:29 PM
    I had paired my LG Rumor with my new Storm 2 but was unable to transfer my contacts from my rumor to my storm. However, after tweaking out on my Storm I figured it out.

Make sure your Bluetooth is enabled for both devices. On your Storm, Open application, Files, My Files, Device Memory, Home, User, appdata, rim, gears, bmVOX3.etc.., and you will have found a file named permissions.db. Now press the menu key to open the menu and select 'Receive using bluetooth'

On your Rumor, or other device, Go to your main menu and select 'Contacts' and then select 'Send all contacts'. Your Rumor will show it is searching and inform you that the 'Search completed' then select OK. The data will then be sent to the storm. The storm will then ask you 'Please choose the location...etc... Do this for each file. Return to the application menu and select 'Files' and then select 'All documents'. All of your contacts will be stored in here. Just select them one by one and add click on the 'add to contacts' button.

Clear as mudd!!! Good luck!!
    11-11-09 03:43 PM
    Hey all, I'm having a similar issue--I'm trying to send contacts from a Storm 1 over to a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 using Bluetooth.

Even when I try to select all the contacts from the Storm and send them, it will only send about 10-15 at a time. And at that, it only seems to be copying the contacts that are currently visible in the list at the time of copy (like the end of the A contacts and the start of the B contacts). Has anyone had this similar issue or know how to solve it? Thanks so much.
    07-13-10 05:48 PM
    Not sure if this is related or helps but I tend to xfer music via BT from my Storm 1 to other phones. I can xfer music via BT to my daughters LG Envy2 but when I tried to xfer music to my sister's most recent Curve, it would say Connection Terminated after initiating an xfer. Couldn't figure it out...
    07-15-10 01:45 AM
    Hi so has no-one found a solution? I want to copy Storm contacts to Nokia 2730. Any ideas?
    12-02-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD