Two separate groups of iPhone and iPad users have sued Apple Inc alleging that certain software applications were passing personal user information to third-party advertisers without consent.

Along with Apple, makers of popular apps such as Textplus4, Paper Toss, Weather Channel, Dictionary.com, Talking Tom Cat and Pumpkin Maker were also named co-defendants in the lawsuits filed on December 23.

We know that Jared also does this and also sells our contact list.

If there are any more apps that anyone knows about, I think it would be great to see a comprehensive app list posted.
    Last edited by shrewsburysq; 12-30-10 at 03:06 PM.
    12-29-10 01:17 PM
    Wow, sounds like the laws are starting to catch up with technology, Finally. It's been a long time coming. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the info. Wonder if we are all getting something for being Violated!!! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 08:08 PM
    I do hope apple and jarred both get canned for these ****-disturbing behavior with our private information. Who doesn't want their name, address, phone number, city, state/province, zip/postal code sold and shared with ****-who-knows-what? Certainly not me!

12-29-10 10:30 PM
    Let's not forget the 30'000'000 emails a nanosecond from Jared Spam! And selling my personal data. They'll have more than a damn lawsuit to file against them. How about an axe, straight through their CEO's neck!?
    12-29-10 10:46 PM
    I get no spam emails.

12-29-10 11:04 PM
    As they should be sued!!! Many times over!
    12-30-10 12:12 AM
    As they should be sued!!! Many times over!
    I agree gotten about 20 spam emails in the past two days from them
    12-30-10 12:18 AM
    Let's not forget the 30'000'000 emails a nanosecond from Jared Spam! And selling my personal data. They'll have more than a damn lawsuit to file against them. How about an axe, straight through their CEO's neck!?
    I think it was albee1 who posted instructions on finding and removing Jared's invasive program/spam source in this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/jar...ng-app-552418/

And you might also like to read this one if you haven't already:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/why-...r-apps-569582/
    12-30-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD