I had to wipe my Bold 9650 after a BES failure. I kept third-party apps and have reinstalled or configured almost everything but have the following two questions related to selective restore from a recent backup (yes, I have recent backups even though I'm on BES):
    1) I'd like to restore my Password Keeper entries - not sure what to restore. Is it Content Store?
    2) Will restoring "Browser Cache" bring back the browser bookmarks?
    TIA

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-07-11 12:26 PM
    Well, I discovered the answer to #1 above. In another forum I found a thread indicating that on BES, it is best to restore Password Keeper prior to reactivating. Not having done so, the next best thing is to open Password Keeper and turn off wireless sync, which will expose it in Desktop Manager as a candidate database to restore. Did that, restored, all good, turned Wireless Sync back on. Sweet!

Still wondering about restoring browser bookmarks.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by jbeachy; 06-07-11 at 12:41 PM.
    jeffh likes this.
    06-07-11 12:37 PM
    Well, I discovered the answer to #1 above. In another forum I found a thread indicating that on BES, it is best to restore Password Keeper prior to reactivating. Not having done so, the next best thing is to open Password Keeper and turn off wireless sync, which will expose it in Desktop Manager as a candidate database to restore. Did that, restored, all good, turned Wireless Sync back on....
    I don't use Password Keeper, but that's good info to know. Thanks.
    06-07-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD