OK newbie here, Curve owner for about a week!! I am trying to decide the best phone for my boyfriend... he is a contractor so he can be rough on phones(paint, spackle, etc...)and he keeps the phones in his pockets. He needs something that has Excel and Word so he can bill customers on...
    Please DONT HATE ME!! A friend and fellow BB owner told me a BB would not be a good choice and that we should look to a Treo...

What do you guys think??

Andrea
    06-18-08 09:31 AM
    According to Dataviz's website, they will be releasing a version of Documents-To-Go for the curve, so it could still be a good choice. I had a Treo 700P with Verizon a year ago, it came with basic version Documents-To-Go. I'd go with the curve if you can wait for the app to come out, cheaper data plan than the treo.
    06-18-08 09:37 AM
    Just get your man a Curve and have him keep it in one of those Seido cases. I heard they are pretty good at protecting your phone even in harsh conditions.
    06-18-08 08:39 PM
    Curve with an otterbox!

The new OS 4.5 will do excel and word

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 08:43 PM
    Just get your man a Curve and have him keep it in one of those Seido cases. I heard they are pretty good at protecting your phone even in harsh conditions.
    I definately agree^^^^^^Curve all the way to the bank!
    06-18-08 08:43 PM
    I agree with bmcclure and cut.
    Curve in an Otterbox
    06-18-08 08:46 PM
    Curve, with an Otterbox!

With the Curve you guys can use BBM and talk to eachother for "free" even!
    06-18-08 08:48 PM
    And who knows, it may "upgrade" your status too
    06-18-08 08:51 PM
    ^^agreed^^ and welcome to CB
    06-18-08 08:52 PM
    Word and excel look good in os 4.5

06-18-08 09:04 PM
    Curve with an otterbox!

The new OS 4.5 will do excel and word

Definitely.
    06-18-08 10:01 PM
    Well a pearl would be a great phone for him (once 4.5 happens). Its smaller and easier to carry compared to most other phones and with an otterbox case i'm sure it would be protected. Another thing you might want to consider is the buttons on the curve are smaller than the pearl and its easier for me to hit these buttons as opposed to the curves. Curve's keyboard seems made for someone with nails in my opinion(not trying to make people made). But after practice i'm sure the curve could be just as useful.

06-18-08 10:20 PM
    Get an otterbox case for whatever phone you get
    06-18-08 10:24 PM
    One good thing about the Treo is that he'll be able to spread Spackle with it, two tools in one!

Honestly though wait for the Docs to Go to arrive for the BB and get him the curve!
    06-18-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD