Love my blackberry 9780 because the battery life on this one is great. I'm however having second thoughts if if i'll be getting the new devices (particularly eyeing the 9900) but even the 9900 and the new curve seems to be having battery issues. From what i've read before, this new battery is suppose to to be equal the performance of the previous 1550 mah batteries but i seem to observe the opposite.
    11-18-11 08:01 PM
    I have a 9930 and the battery is awesome! There are days I feel I can't do enough to drain the thing. I am a pretty heavy business user and my phone is off the charger a minimum of 15 hrs a day and when I plug it in at night I always have at least 40% battery life left...awesome, awesome device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 08:07 PM
    Well the masses of people are having battery issues op. And I myself have noticed this battery is no where near the 9700 or 9780 and I have owned both. It is ok to be fair. Now the .503 leak has made it better but no cigar.
    11-18-11 09:22 PM
    well what scares me even more, is that im am one that we can all call, "an OS enthusiast" and whenever i see a new official\leaked OS released with good reviews, i usually just update but then the bricking is another problem that scares me. anyway, i am not getting the 9900 until next year so that gives me time to think.

having been said that, i seriously am hoping for a quick fix on this.
    11-18-11 11:17 PM
    .503 and .540 have come a long way in improving battery life on the 9900. And my 9810 got very close to the same battery life as the earlier 9800. Not quite as good as a 9780, but I'm easily going all day with over 40% left by bed time. Each of the last three days has gotten progressively better running .540.

11-18-11 11:48 PM
    I'm starting to think Blackberry owners are spoiled when it comes to battery. If it lasts the day. That's really good. Plug it in when you go to sleep.

Granted I'm getting spoiled too. I don't charge my 9700 for 2 or 3 days at a time.
    11-18-11 11:55 PM
    Well yes because it is one of the features that has always been unique to the Blackberry. Strong battery life no one wants to lose that
    11-19-11 12:05 AM
    Well yes because it is one of the features that has always been unique to the Blackberry. Strong battery life no one wants to lose that
    But everybody is screaming for more features and better performance. Unfortunately today's battery technology doesn't allow us to have both of those and long battery life.

howarmat likes this.
    11-19-11 12:11 AM
    Well yes it's obvious what is causing the battery being weaker. 1.2 Ghz processor touchscreens with liquid graphics. Amonth other features. That's nt the point I'm making though. I'm simply saying no one wants to lose battery life. But you can't have your cake and eat it to in the smartphone world not just yet anyway.
    11-19-11 12:18 AM
    I haven't had any battery issues at all with my 9930. I did have terrible issues with the 9650 though.
    11-19-11 10:28 AM
    And I myself have noticed this battery is no where near the 9700 or 9780 and I have owned both. It is ok to be fair.
    it was never going to be as good, never.

the processr speed was doubled, a dedicated GPU was added, the screen size and pixel count was increased, then a touchscreen was added too! now even with the same capacity battery in theory your talking half the power time, so with the battery being a lilttle smaller then maybe its slightly worse, but i honestly dont feel the same 9780 battery would cope that much better.

software updates have been coming thick and fast - we are already on .540 offical while OS6 (yup, came out last august) devices stand at .668 offical, that should tell you how much they are working on builds to sort things.

do i have battery life issues? no. would i love the battery life to last me more than the day and half it does now? sure, might be nice, but i recharge my phone while i recharge my own batteries so its not that big a deal.
    11-19-11 10:44 AM
    The .540 software release greatly solved by battery problems with the 9900 to the point where I'm satisfied with battery performance now.

On a typical day I would get home with 10 - 20% battery left, with .540 I got home last night with 50% left. That's with two hours of audio streaming, about an hour of phone use and plenty of e-mail/web/bbm.

I'm at the point now where I no longer think of the battery when I use it, I just go ahead and do whatever I want. That's nice.
    11-19-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD