While this isn't my first post on the crackberry forums, it is my first real post. I am a first time blackberry user (I don't have one yet, still using my G1) and I was wondering which blackberry I should buy. I don't want to switch from T-Mobile because I love my service. I have three possible options: The Gemini, otherwise known as the Curve 8520, the Curve 8900, or the driftwood. I am leaning towards the driftwood more, just because I am secretly hoping that it has 5.0 and a faster processor than the 8900, but I'm not looking forward to waiting until September for it. I was wondering what you experienced users would recommend for a n00b?
    05-18-09 03:37 AM
    If you don't want to wait. Then get the 8900. The phone isn't slow and runs like a champ. This is a phone I could use for a year or 2 and wait on a upgrade.
    05-18-09 04:34 AM
    I would just hold on to the G1 for now. It's still a new phone!
    05-18-09 04:42 AM
    The G1 sounds like your number one option and that's what you currently have. If you want something right now, the 8900 would be fine. But I'd stick with G1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:21 AM
    Does anyone know when the driftwood will come to tmobile? Because I know after the g1 I want a blackberry but I don't know if I would like not having 3g. The g1 is pretty much a fail when it comes to texting or emailing.

05-18-09 06:00 AM
    Does anyone know when the driftwood will come to tmobile? Because I know after the g1 I want a blackberry but I don't know if I would like not having 3g. The g1 is pretty much a fail when it comes to texting or emailing.

Rumor is september for the driftwood. The g1 is fail for anything the keyboard has to be used for. The 8900 is $150 now and the lack of 3g is no big deal imo. The 8900 is a powerhouse for me with texting, emailing, sms and whatever.
    05-18-09 06:02 AM
    whatever blackberry i buy will be outright i used the upgrade on the g1 (sucks 2 be me lol). 3g really isnt all that important to me either, but if im going to be spending 400 on it, i would rather have the option of 3g, the optical trackball and other updated bb/driftwood "goodies".

05-18-09 06:07 AM
    I say wait until the three phones you are most interested in are in a store to play with.

Save up the bucks and buy what you want, test it for a week and take it back if it does not suit your needs. The good thing about it being three Blackberries, is you do not have to change the data plan to go from phone 1 to phone 3, since the only thing that changes would be the phones during the play test period.
    05-18-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD